Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
coyiot
Fallen
1 | 0
Does this mod segment items from different players like Path of Exhile (e.g., your drops are your own)? I miss the old style of having to be quick on the trigger.

Also, the auto pickup mentioned in the new trailer is that just for gold, or items as well?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
coyiot wrote:Does this mod segment items from different players like Path of Exhile (e.g., your drops are your own)? I miss the old style of having to be quick on the trigger.

Also, the auto pickup mentioned in the new trailer is that just for gold, or items as well?

1: Nope.

2: Auto gold pickup already implemented in the current game. Trailer mentioned auto waypoint activation.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
How to use barb Protector Spirit’s Bloodlust? They buff you, or you use Bloodlust near them to get more bonuses? If you use Bloodlust near them, when you get away from them do the bonuses disappear?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
They cast Bloodlust on attack.

Edit: 666 posts, am I the devil now?
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
Jampula wrote:They cast Bloodlust on attack.

Edit: 666 posts, am I the devil now?

So do they only buff themselves? Do my own bloodlust benefit from being NEAR them?
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
does damage reduced by % and by flat damage stacks ?
lets say can i have damage reduced by 50% and damage reduced by 300 ?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
boozek wrote:does damage reduced by % and by flat damage stacks ?

yeah it stacks, but iirc flat DR is calculated first and then the percentage.

Example: enemy does 1000 phys damage. (1000-300)*0,5= 350 damage taken.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
mortimer_85 wrote:
boozek wrote:does damage reduced by % and by flat damage stacks ?

yeah it stacks, but iirc flat DR is calculated first and then the percentage.

Example: enemy does 1000 phys damage. (1000-300)*0,5= 350 damage taken.

Well that's exactly opposite of what it should be...
Tigetmp
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
After searching through various threads on these forums, I'm not sure about certain aspects of scorpion blade mechanics and how to build around them, so here goes:

1. The new patch (1.3) states that "Poison clouds stack, so increasing projectiles adds both aoe and single target damage". Does this mean that there will be stacking instances of poison? I didn't think there would be, as I thought the base diablo II engine allowed only a instance of poison on a monster at one point in time.

2. If multiple instances of poison are stacked by stacking poison clouds, how do stacking poison clouds translate to stacking poison? Is it one instance of poison per cloud? One instance applied per cloud per second? Something else? What is the next delay per cloud?

3. If multiple instances of poison are not allowed per different cloud stacks, what advantage does the cloud provide for poison damage? Is it just that multiple clouds increase the likelihood of getting the max poison range active at any point in time(e.g. cloud 1 inflicts poison of 5dps and cloud 2 inflicts poison of 7dps, so the monster get a poison of 7dps versus 5dps were there to only be cloud 1).

4. Do the stacking clouds inflict weapon damage, or is weapon damage only inflicted by the initial knife hit and not the cloud? I saw this question asked earlier, and was answered both "yes" and "no".

5. If the answer to question 4 is "yes", then what is the next delay of poison cloud weapon damage per cloud? And would each cloud have it's own separate next delay?

6. If the answer to 4 and 5 are "yes" and the answer to 1 is "no", would it make sense to stack weapon damage (both higher physical damage on the weapon and +elemental damage) and procs, keep scorpion blade at 1 point, and max mkv and fire and lightning ways to increase weapon damage?

7. I have +8 life on attack on my throwing knife and am not noticing any life gain on hitting an enemy with scorpion blade (and I'm pretty sure I'm directly hitting the enemy and not just a wall behind him). Is there a reason life on attack wouldn't work with scorpion blade? (it's a ranged attack, it counts as a spell, etc?)

8. Would +life on striking work for either the poison clouds or the initial knife hit? Would +life on striking benefit from stacking clouds?

9. If the answer to question 1, 4, and 5 are all "no" (i.e. stacked poison clouds don't inflict additional poison instances and don't do separate instances of weapon damage), then what is the benefit of poison clouds stacking for scorpion blade?

Sorry for this being a rather long "short question", but scorpion blade does seem like an interesting skill, and the answer to each question above would fairly significantly change the way I'd build the character.

Thank you very much for any and all help.
tyranius
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
What's the generic skillplan for a cold/fire sorc? I can't figure out what main skill would a cold sorc use. Frigid Sphere? Seems kinda meh