Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Erlikhan wrote:
L H wrote:What about block chance? the golems missiles are all physical damage, and they have the fire bomb when they die. Ideally, to make it a joke, get like 400% fire resist and 85-90 max (and if you have any sources of absorb, that may help slightly). It should be pretty damn easy with the stats you gave us though. I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Uh yeah i guess that's the problem im still at %30 block despite pumping up dexterity with gladiator's dominance.

Gotta farm more signets maybe? I got around 80 right now.

You should spec Runemaster to gather most of the early/mid charms before swapping to Dominance, as you're seeing the issue right now. Runemaster gives a ton of defense to allow you to easily get 5% chance to be hit, while getting max block in early game would require stuff like Chuck said, getting 121 and xis rune, which is more unlikely and probably pretty slow going until you gather your early and mid charms. Once you're comfortable with how many charms and sigs you have, you can then go to Dominance and hit max block with about 2300 dex.
Erlikhan
Prowler
19 | 0
L H wrote:
You should spec Runemaster to gather most of the early/mid charms before swapping to Dominance, as you're seeing the issue right now. Runemaster gives a ton of defense to allow you to easily get 5% chance to be hit, while getting max block in early game would require stuff like Chuck said, getting 121 and xis rune, which is more unlikely and probably pretty slow going until you gather your early and mid charms. Once you're comfortable with how many charms and sigs you have, you can then go to Dominance and hit max block with about 2300 dex.

Oh I see, thanks to both of you and Chuck :)

Edit:
I realized what am I doing wrong. Even with 660 k defense I failed to do it again.
Problem is I can't kill Bartuc fast enough, then he swarms that tiny room with golems.
Im using Qarak and ornate crafted boots, rare rings for lightning pierce but it's not enough he always swarms the room with golems so that even they have %7 chance to hit me, i got overrun by them.

Once I managed to kill Bartuc but couldn't grab the charm thanks to golems killing me on sight.

I lost around 3-4m exp trying to get that charm.

Then I ragequitted :mrgreen: Probably not gonna touch median till my head cools off :mrgreen:
Fovas
Destroyer
6 | 0
you should really try the runemaster route above, I was having hardtime with dedaelus before. And now I could farm comfortably in TA with runemaster and stacking up my sign count. Then I will try again with dedaelus with craft again

Also ensure u setup the hotkey thing for one button fortress that's how I got bartuc down with gehanna weapon
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fovas wrote:Also ensure u setup the hotkey thing for one button fortress that's how I got bartuc down with gehanna weapon

Fortress will be useless in there, trying to target Bartuc. Golems will just keep standing in the way of arrows.

Erlikhan wrote:I realized what am I doing wrong. Even with 660 k defense I failed to do it again.
Problem is I can't kill Bartuc fast enough, then he swarms that tiny room with golems.
Im using Qarak and ornate crafted boots, rare rings for lightning pierce but it's not enough he always swarms the room with golems so that even they have %7 chance to hit me, i got overrun by them.

Once I managed to kill Bartuc but couldn't grab the charm thanks to golems killing me on sight.

I lost around 3-4m exp trying to get that charm.

Then I ragequitted :mrgreen: Probably not gonna touch median till my head cools off :mrgreen:

Try using Iron Spiral as your main attack for that one then. It will help clear golems without having to directly focus them, and it doesn't require as much lightning pierce, since it's only 30% conversion, whereas Stormblast is 100%.

If you have any summons, you can try summoning them before going in to take a few brief hits while you rush down to get in position. Maybe consider gearing up an act 1 Priestess merc with
Webspinner
Webspinner
Short War Bow (4)

Two-Hand Damage: (10 - 12) to (26 - 32)
Required Level: 8
Required Dexterity:
73 to 77
Item Level: 19
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Miasma Haunt Duration Increased by 2 seconds
5% Chance to cast level 5 Arachnomancy on Kill
3% Chance to cast level 4 Miasma on Striking
+(11 to 15) to Maximum Damage
+(18 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
+(2 to 3)% to Poison Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by (6 to 10)%
Maximum Life +(2 to 3)%
Requirements -(11 to 15)%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: (33 - 37) to (61 - 75)
Required Level: 28
Required Dexterity:
95 to 100
Item Level: 40
6% Chance to cast level 10 Arachnomancy on Kill
4% Chance to cast level 10 Miasma on Striking
+(16 to 25) to Maximum Damage
+(52 to 69)% Enhanced Damage
+(5 to 6)% to Poison Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by (11 to 15)%
Maximum Life +(3 to 4)%
Requirements -(21 to 25)%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: (76 - 83) to (135 - 153)
Required Level: 47
Required Dexterity:
161 to 171
Item Level: 59
7% Chance to cast level 14 Arachnomancy on Kill
5% Chance to cast level 16 Miasma on Striking
+(31 to 40) to Maximum Damage
+(87 to 103)% Enhanced Damage
+(8 to 9)% to Poison Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by (21 to 25)%
Maximum Life +(4 to 5)%
Requirements -(31 to 35)%
Socketed (5)
Two-Hand Damage: (102 - 110) to (179 - 199)
Required Level: 54
Required Dexterity:
294 to 313
Item Level: 85
8% Chance to cast level 18 Arachnomancy on Kill
6% Chance to cast level 19 Miasma on Striking
+(41 to 50) to Maximum Damage
+(104 to 120)% Enhanced Damage
+(9 to 10)% to Poison Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by (31 to 35)%
Maximum Life +(5 to 6)%
Requirements -(36 to 40)%
Socketed (6)
. Her sporeshot skill will spread miasma slow curse all over the room.

overall, i'm not really sure what the issue is. I did iron spiral last season and it was really fast playthrough and didn't really have any issues with the first 20 charms or so.
Minas
Vampiress
39 | 0
Hello guys. i got summm necro lvl 106 in hatred grinding on mephisto. So what now? witch quest or what to do? or i go up in another town? dont whant to scip any quest, coz in this mod there alooot
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
and why are you at 106 still in Hatred ? you should have been at around 66-70 in act 1 terror already

have you done the level challange 1 and the Ennead challenge ?

Minas wrote: dont whant to scip any quest
i believe you already did .
Footman
Cultist
21 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:poison lenght reduction reduces the duration of the incoming poison damage (poison damage is not a curse) . the more you got , the less time the poison will drain your HP .

you can also counter that with healing /hp regeneration , so in general i won't waste much time/gear for it .

curse length reduction reduces the duration of curses (example rust storm - that reduces your armor ) . the more reduction you got , the less the curse will last . this one could actualy be usefull in some spots

So is it possible to become immune to poison damage, by getting 100 % reduce time? For example Astroga charm got
"Poison Length Reduced by 50%" + 50% on my jewelry?
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
From old Docs\LFAQ:

Poison Length Reduced By?
A1: 75%, but there's supposedly a -100% penalty in Destruction so 175%.
(A by Brother Laz)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Footman wrote:So is it possible to become immune to poison damage, by getting 100 % reduce time?
no . you can just get to 1/4 duration with 175% reduction (-100 penalty + 75 = 25% or 1/4 ) which does not make you immune .

suppose the poison damage normaly lasts 20 seconds , with 175% poison length reduction it will still last 5 seconds .

you can't become poison immune by that way
Footman
Cultist
21 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Footman wrote:So is it possible to become immune to poison damage, by getting 100 % reduce time?
no . you can just get to 1/4 duration with 175% reduction (-100 penalty + 75 = 25% or 1/4 ) which does not make you immune .

suppose the poison damage normaly lasts 20 seconds , with 175% poison length reduction it will still last 5 seconds .

you can't become poison immune by that way

Wow that its not really good idea to waste lvl space on jewelry for that. Didn't expect penalty for this. I know there is penalty for resistance, but not for this.