Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
iamq1803 wrote:
Kylrath wrote:Any suggestions guys
Im thinking on a viable farmer

Wolf Druid and Melee Sorc have a very good killspeed now.

Im thinking about running Melee Sorc, do you think the buffs make up for losing Khawy?
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
snowman41 wrote:Im thinking about running Melee Sorc, do you think the buffs make up for losing Khawy?

Absolutely :D
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
snowman41 wrote:Im thinking about running Melee Sorc, do you think the buffs make up for losing Khawy?

From what I can see without having played yet, I'd say no. Stormblast was the best single-target skill a Melee Sorc had access to. The damage buffs will be nice for general play/farming, but the loss of Stormblast will make some boss fights tougher--specifically Astrogha, Al'Diabalos, some Uldy stages, etc. I suspect Moonstrike will play a bigger role as an actual attack rather than just a buff, and you'll likely need to drop Baneblade more often to use spells for other things (e.g. Uldy stages). Don't get me wrong, Melee Sorc will still be good, she just won't be as glorious.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solfege wrote:

From what I can see without having played yet, I'd say no. Stormblast was the best single-target skill a Melee Sorc had access to. The damage buffs will be nice for general play/farming, but the loss of Stormblast will make some boss fights tougher--specifically Astrogha, Al'Diabalos, some Uldy stages, etc. I suspect Moonstrike will play a bigger role as an actual attack rather than just a buff, and you'll likely need to drop Baneblade more often to use spells for other things (e.g. Uldy stages). Don't get me wrong, Melee Sorc will still be good, she just won't be as glorious.

He was asking for a viable farmer in his previous post so it's a Yes if he plays Melee Sorc for farming purpose :D
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
iamq1803 wrote:He was asking for a viable farmer in his previous post so it's a Yes if he plays Melee Sorc for farming purpose :D

"Farmer" is a generic term that can mean many things--SU/Set farmer, Charm farmer, etc. Since he wasn't specific, I covered both bases with my response. Not just for him, but for anyone else who might wonder about Melee Sorc's capabilities now. nbd. :)

Edit:
The "no" part of my response applied specifically to the question of whether the new buffs make up for the loss of Stormblast, which I don't think they will.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
i just read in a guide about changing the game to 8 player settings for better drops and experience, does everyone generally do that and if so how is that done
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
madgod wrote:i just read ina guide about changing the game to 8 player settings? how is that done

It only works on single player.
In game just write /players8
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Jampula wrote:
madgod wrote:i just read ina guide about changing the game to 8 player settings? how is that done

It only works on single player.
In game just write /players8

Cool thanks. How long is server usually down for the reset?
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
I got this error when running Median XL. Well, I follow the steps in Join section in the forum, get Diablo 1.13, multiplayer.rar, Median 1.2 and paste and all, but I got this error after making a new room on TSW server. As you can see from the image, it happens when the game is loading into act1. I don't know how to fix this. Please help!
brackans
Heretic
443 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
So I look around the forum and try this by add and exclusion to my Diablo II folder but things still the same. Maybe I should restart the computer or disable it while playing.