Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
IBagboyBrownI wrote:everything does so much damage.

Get dr% and defense.

IBagboyBrownI wrote:What is actually a good barb build? I'm not above grinding for T6 gear or even making honorifics. At this point I just want a character I can actually play.

A good build is a build that you comfortable with.

My melee WDM mostly build around decent physical damage, dr% 20%+, defense 200k+, and LL 45%+. And also reach at least IAS breakpoint-1, it doesnt matter if you have 10k dmg but cant land it.
Generic gears for them is erawan, nephilim, truce, bogspitter, icarus. Jewelcrafted with ber rune. Weapon? mostly the highest damage.
Of course you need "progressing gear" to get those generic gears, right? But since you dont want to farm TU6 or even honorific then I have no advice.

IBagboyBrownI wrote:At this point I just want a character I can actually play.

The easiest char is holymeleedin imo. Go try it.
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
nofurylion wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:everything does so much damage.

Get dr% and defense.

IBagboyBrownI wrote:What is actually a good barb build? I'm not above grinding for T6 gear or even making honorifics. At this point I just want a character I can actually play.

A good build is a build that you comfortable with.

My melee WDM mostly build around decent physical damage, dr% 20%+, defense 200k+, and LL 45%+. And also reach at least IAS breakpoint-1, it doesnt matter if you have 10k dmg but cant land it.
Generic gears for them is erawan, nephilim, truce, bogspitter, icarus. Jewelcrafted with ber rune. Weapon? mostly the highest damage.
Of course you need "progressing gear" to get those generic gears, right? But since you dont want to farm TU6 or even honorific then I have no advice.

IBagboyBrownI wrote:At this point I just want a character I can actually play.

The easiest char is holymeleedin imo. Go try it.

Not being above something means you are open to it, perhaps you're unfamiliar with the expression. Paladin however, is out of the question, as are any sacred uniques. I'll craft and make honorifics and upgrade tiered trash as long as it means I can farm charms and uber areas with it but I've yet to see a decent barb guide. The problem is the lack of people who play this mod and the copious amount of numbers that need crunching.

Upon consulting the hive I noticed these icarus gloves you suggested look like trash. Lv 11 miasma is the best thing on it. It better be godly to make up for the lack of anything decent in these gloves, not to mention the -20% fire res.

The bogspitter helm u suggest looks mediocre at best. I have an Erawan sacred ancient armor, Megalith sacred greaves and a runeword sacred arreat helm (I forget which, but a decent one). I've tried a ridiculous number of things to make this barb work. I have crafted lifesteal jewels. I've tried stacking CB. I've tried throw barbs, bow barbs, iron spiral barbs, summoner barbs and every one of em struggle at farming TA let alone anything harder. Christ, I could barely get through act 3 on destruction. Meanwhile, there's druids farming Lazarus trophies while afk. Seems balanced.

TL;DR

Can't farm gear cuz I dont have the gear to farm the gear to farm the fear to farm the gear to farm the gear.

Can't do nothing cuz ya can't do nothing.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
From what I can see, you die too often, right? In that case try getting as much %damage reduction as possible. It‘s capped at 50%. Barbs can easily manage that with bear stance.

Also get as much elemental resist as possible for areas where elemental damage is incoming. You can socket perfect gems to get more max resist. That‘s imho really important. If you don‘t use any rw‘s you can get +10% max resist per element, which basically reduces the incoming elemental damage by over 30%! Also try getting azmodan‘s heart. That will give you another 5% max resist. Max resist is capped at 90%. It won‘t be of use for TA though. For TA you only need lots of Defense and DR, so go with bear stance.

Either way, if you can‘t farm TA, maybe you should farm Diablo in destruction. He can drop SU‘s after all. And a little bit harder, but also manageable is Nilathak in dest, who drops 3 signets (?) per kill and also has the potential to drop SU‘s and sets. Plus you can usually farm him faster than diablo.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:From what I can see, you die too often, right? In that case try getting as much %damage reduction as possible. It‘s capped at 50%. Barbs can easily manage that with bear stance.

Also get as much elemental resist as possible for areas where elemental damage is incoming. You can socket perfect gems to get more max resist. That‘s imho really important. If you don‘t use any rw‘s you can get +10% max resist per element, which basically reduces the incoming elemental damage by over 30%! Also try getting azmodan‘s heart. That will give you another 5% max resist. Max resist is capped at 90%. It won‘t be of use for TA though. For TA you only need lots of Defense and DR, so go with bear stance.

Either way, if you can‘t farm TA, maybe you should farm Diablo in destruction. He can drop SU‘s after all. And a little bit harder, but also manageable is Nilathak in dest, who drops 3 signets (?) per kill and also has the potential to drop SU‘s and sets. Plus you can usually farm him faster than diablo.

So where we at? Back to Iron Spiral? I personally don't care for the build. But I want something melee with AoE other than I.S. if that's a thing.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
The information I gave you is applicable to every build. Idc what kind of build you play either. There are way too many viable builds out there, so I don’t really want to list them all. It‘s your choice. Just one thing... if you can‘t manage with barb, you won‘t manage with any other class either. You may want to read aerial‘s barb guide. He beat the whole game with just T6 items and made a Guide for how anyone can do that, too. So it‘s perfect for any newcomer to get used to the different mechanics of the bosses.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
IBagboyBrownI wrote:...

Icarus give you :
- max 226% ED which higer defense than honorific 205% ED.
- 80% FRW vs 60% honorific. FRW is super good because you can reach next mobs without too much missile hitting you.
-20 % fire res is a big deal? Wow.

Miasma is mediocre? It reduce enemy phys damage and slow them. The poison dmg not important

Oh so you still at act 3? You dont need to kill all mobs you see, get pax mystica for blink/windform to skip them. Get 80%+ max res.

IBagboyBrownI wrote:Can't farm gear cuz I dont have the gear to farm the gear to farm the fear to farm the gear to farm the gear.

Try deathgze and
Lahmu

Lahmu
Barbarian Two-Handed Axes

'ElNef'
Runeword Level: 13
20% Combat Speeds
10% Innate Elemental Damage
+3 to all Attributes
Elemental Resists +(3 to 5)%
+(5 to 10) Life after each Kill
+1% to Experience Gained
(5 to 10)% Gold Find
to 2h barb axe next. Use bear stance + runemaster. thunderslam off cd. Reach IAS breakpoint with ancient blood + jewelcraft.
The gears you need are those cheap rw not SU or shrinecraft stuff. My meleeso, holymeleedin, axebarb, pouncezon can do most uber painlessly with them. Ofc SU stuff can make things easier but its not mandatory or even necessary.
xXPPGGXx
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is it possible to roll 2 oskills on for example paladin shield? In docs it says, that on lvl99 Items u can have max 6affixes which consist of 3 preffixes + 3 suffixes + (shrine bonus or without shrines bonus????), so if the oskills are all suffixes it has to be possible or?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
xXPPGGXx wrote:Is it possible to roll 2 oskills on for example paladin shield? In docs it says, that on lvl99 Items u can have max 6affixes which consist of 3 preffixes + 3 suffixes + (shrine bonus or without shrines bonus????), so if the oskills are all suffixes it has to be possible or?

No.

If I recall correctly, the oskills are all in the same affix group and only 1 affix per group can spawn.

For example the affix +(301-400) life can spawn on paladin shields. But it's in the affix group 111, the same as the affix +(201-300) life. So only one of those can spawn. You'll never find a paladin shield that grants +700 life for example.
dongpickle
Stygian Watcher
40 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey guys, new to Median XL. I have a question about LC 2 deathlazer.

Can't seem to get it to work. I'm playing single player, level 83 barbarian. doing deathlazer in Normal. I kill the deathlazer and I check to see my worldstone orb charm nothing happens.
Tried to combine it with a perfect gem right after killing it and nothing.

is this a one time trial? like i killed it before and forgot to do it within 30 seconds?

do i have to do it in terror?
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nofurylion wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:...

Icarus give you :
- max 226% ED which higer defense than honorific 205% ED.
- 80% FRW vs 60% honorific. FRW is super good because you can reach next mobs without too much missile hitting you.
-20 % fire res is a big deal? Wow.

Miasma is mediocre? It reduce enemy phys damage and slow them. The poison dmg not important

Oh so you still at act 3? You dont need to kill all mobs you see, get pax mystica for blink/windform to skip them. Get 80%+ max res.

IBagboyBrownI wrote:Can't farm gear cuz I dont have the gear to farm the gear to farm the fear to farm the gear to farm the gear.

Try deathgze and
Lahmu

Lahmu
Barbarian Two-Handed Axes

'ElNef'
Runeword Level: 13
20% Combat Speeds
10% Innate Elemental Damage
+3 to all Attributes
Elemental Resists +(3 to 5)%
+(5 to 10) Life after each Kill
+1% to Experience Gained
(5 to 10)% Gold Find
to 2h barb axe next. Use bear stance + runemaster. thunderslam off cd. Reach IAS breakpoint with ancient blood + jewelcraft.
The gears you need are those cheap rw not SU or shrinecraft stuff. My meleeso, holymeleedin, axebarb, pouncezon can do most uber painlessly with them. Ofc SU stuff can make things easier but its not mandatory or even necessary.

2H Barb Axe & Deathgaze. We'll give it a go.