Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TTraw1
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Why do minions from batstrike seem to die randomly? Do they last only specific amount of time? Is it intended?
jacksj1
Vampiress
36 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just installed sigma. When I maximise the game window the following is what shows on my screen :

Is this to be expected ? Is there a different way to increase the game window size ?

I'm playing on a 27" 2560 x 1440 monitor. Do I have to manually change the resolution to use a bigger game window ? I can't see anywhere to change the resolution.
Edited by jacksj1 5 years.
dheisman
Imp
4 | 0
I accidentally unbound ALT, won't let me rebind. Is there any way to fix this? Or somehow permanently show items?
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dheisman wrote:I accidentally unbound ALT, won't let me rebind. Is there any way to fix this? Or somehow permanently show items?

Preference > Hotkey settings > show items

At the same time, is the magic burn recipe removed? Can we still downgrade magic items into regular bases?
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Prime_Evil wrote:/home Median XL

tyvm :thumb:
Edited by lunar.seven 5 years.
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Engersion wrote:
dheisman wrote:I accidentally unbound ALT, won't let me rebind. Is there any way to fix this? Or somehow permanently show items?

At the same time, is the magic burn recipe removed? Can we still downgrade magic items into regular bases?

just use oil of renewal > superior base item.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Doomsday wrote:
Engersion wrote:

just use oil of renewal > superior base item.

btw, is there a way now to rerole magic items ?
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
*grumble* I'm starting to remember why I don't like being among first adopters. When I tried to run the game, it immediately crashed to desktop with an error message talking about missing read access privileges, and that I could avoid the error by setting ActiveCheckMemory in PlugY.ini to 0. On investigation, I found that the line was already set to 0, which presents an issue as I'm sure you can understand.

Furthermore, the error message told me to make a clean install of D2LOD. Am I really going to need to reinstall the game just to play this mod?

lunar.seven wrote:btw, is there a way now to rerole magic items ?

According to the Documents on the main page, the Oil of Renewal is still in the game and still has its usual effect.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
GreyRook wrote:*grumble* I'm starting to remember why I don't like being among first adopters. When I tried to run the game, it immediately crashed to desktop with an error message talking about missing read access privileges, and that I could avoid the error by setting ActiveCheckMemory in PlugY.ini to 0. On investigation, I found that the line was already set to 0, which presents an issue as I'm sure you can understand.

Furthermore, the error message told me to make a clean install of D2LOD. Am I really going to need to reinstall the game just to play this mod?

Seems like your issue is caused by modified d2gfx.dll, it's necessary for the PlugY to modify this dll to be able to launch itself when the game is being started. As you know PlugY is not compatible with Sigma, so you need to remove its traces from the game folder. In order to do so try to run RestoreD2File.exe, you should find this file among the other PlugY installation files.
dheisman
Imp
4 | 0
Engersion wrote:

I think you misunderstood my question. In Preference > Hotkey settings > show items it does not let you rebind to ALT.