Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:So you‘re helping a newbie by calling his question for different possible (!) skills to use stupid? That‘s not helping. That‘s only called being a dick.

No, I was helping him by highlighting poor advice and causing him to re-assess his train of thought.

HechtHeftig wrote:Too bad that most of that applies to a lvl 120 zon. However the new player is level 45!

Everything I wrote applies to level 45.

HechtHeftig wrote:It‘s not even answering his question to begin with, since chuck did that already.

Chuck answered his question by talking about oskills with 82 min affix level on a lvl 45 char?

Or are you perhaps referring to the slow casting apocalypse staff that is a truly painful way to level a bloodzon?

HechtHeftig wrote:And don‘t worry, I‘ve played this build often enough to be able to comment. Else I wouldn‘t do that lol. But guess what? There are multiple ways to play a single build. And you still didn‘t understand that your way isn‘t the only way. This game encourages using different skills and trying things out.

Gratz, here's the happy participation award you get for making a build that dies to 4 hits and clears 3x slower.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cowking wrote:No, I was helping him by highlighting poor advice and causing him to re-assess his train of thought.

I don't see any persuasive arguments in that post. "this is unbelievably stupid" is not an argument because there is no explanation as to why you think so. Even if you were trying to help with that single post, you didn't.

cowking wrote:Everything I wrote applies to level 45.

I wanna see how you reach 30 k life on level 45. Same with 500 energy (With 5 statpoints per level and 32 sockets and elemental prism: 77*5 +10%= 423,5. But does it make sense not investing anything into str that early? That way you won't even have that many sockets to use and thus have even less energy) and 280% bonus energy factor from Bacchnalia.

Those are endgame values, not early game values, so please don't even try convincing me that "everything [you] wrote applies to level 45".

cowking wrote:Chuck answered his question by talking about oskills with a 82 min affix level on a lvl 45 char?

Or are you perhaps referring to the slow casting apocalypse staff that is a truly painful way to level a bloodzon?

Indeed, I already tried using apocalypse staff. That was on a stormzon though, where I didn't even benefit from the additional spell damage from bacchnalia under 2/3 life pool. And still it wasn't even nearly as bad as you make it sound.

cowking wrote:Gratz, here's the happy participation award you get for making a build that dies to 4 hits and clears 3x slower.

You're so entitled that you won't even see how wrong you are. You're a funny guy. :lol:
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:And don‘t worry, I‘ve played this build often enough to be able to comment.

HechtHeftig wrote:Indeed, I already tried using apocalypse staff. That was on a stormzon though, where I didn't even benefit from the additional spell damage from bacchnalia under 2/3 life pool.

HechtHeftig wrote:..apocalypse..
..stormzon..
..where I didn't even benefit from the additional spell damage from bacchnalia under 2/3 life pool..

Are you a ChuckNoRis alt?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
cowking wrote:Are you a ChuckNoRis alt?

"Look! There's a person actually playing the game, testing out what it has to offer while enjoying himself! Let's make fun of him!"

That's what you just sounded like. Let me tell you a third time in case you still didn't understand: This game encourages using skills/oskills outside the norm. Why else would there be so many oskills/procs/skills with charges (aside from the fact that many of those skills used to be character skills that were abondoned by Laz). Trying out things is what's so fun about this game. So your pityful attempt to make fun of me doesn't even come close to an offense. Try again
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Encourages? Care to explain. The goal is afterall to beat all content and min/maxing your gear for trophies if you feel like it's needed.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Hello I have some newbie-questions I hope someone can help me answer.

I cannot seem to buy the - to enemy resistance MO's from the NPC's selling MO's?
Also I made some honorific boots and put all resistance Mo's onto them, but after gaining +30 % all resistance I cannot use any more of them, it will not cube more - how come? I can add other MO's to the boots however.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Whyred wrote:I cannot seem to buy the - to enemy resistance MO's from the NPC's selling MO's?
Also I made some honorific boots and put all resistance Mo's onto them, but after gaining +30 % all resistance I cannot use any more of them, it will not cube more - how come? I can add other MO's to the boots however.

You can only add normal MO's 5 times to one item. The -enemy res MO is gone, don't follow old guides. Get your info from here and the docs https://docs.median-xl.com/

RandomOnions wrote:Encourages? Care to explain. The goal is afterall to beat all content and min/maxing your gear for trophies if you feel like it's needed.

The goal is to have fun.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Oskills, procs and skill charges are things that are rarely ever found in a game nowadays. However these things add to the fun because a single oskill can make a build a lot more interesting. For example tantrum before it was nerfed to death. This skill offers a completely different playstyle to any bow build and even opens up weird builds like bowbarb, bowpala and so on.

Diversity is the key. Combining those skills to get further is sometimes required. (Look for example at lazy din 4 patches ago using ring of light for several ubers for easier completion.)

Heck, we can even create builds that are completely focused on procs!

Even if you don‘t like a specific skill of a build you can simply use a different one if you prefer, which is the case of the one who asked the question to begin with. He didn‘t like the skillset and would rather like to use a different skill. And this game offers enough freedom to allow you to not be forced into a playstyle you don‘t like, while still being able to continue with a part of that build.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Nitz wrote:
Whyred wrote:I cannot seem to buy the - to enemy resistance MO's from the NPC's selling MO's?

You can only add normal MO's 5 times to one item. The -enemy res MO is gone, don't follow old guides. Get your info from here and the docs https://docs.median-xl.com/

Aight thanks for the clarification, greatly appreciated. Do you happen to know about any up to date bow-amazon guides?
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@Whyred

Mystic orbs dont have their page in the docs but you can find them listed here: http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_ ... ystic_Orbs

As you can see Unique Mystic Orbs got no cap per type so you can still make great use of
The Endless Light
The Endless Light
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
-2% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+100 Defense
3% Bonus to Defense
+10 Required Level
on low lvl unique rings with added bonus +1skills from lottery (which is now easier cuz needed reagent (charm) is guaranteed drop). Ofc thats more expensive if on realm or time consuming process on your own to get all those TEL orbs than removed old pierce resistance basic orb.