Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
PaladinSeth
Imp
4 | 0
Hi all.
Which class and build is good to play with ?
I am open to all suggestions.
Thanks. :P
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
all of them . good luck !
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
SU 2 handed axe barrage zon is pretty nice try it out.

or just go totemmancer.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge

Several of the builds listed above have full guides in the guide section. Full guides will be more beneficial to new players than some other guides that only list gear suggestions. Some of the guides might not be updated to the latest patch (1.3) but most of the information will still be relevant.

The docs are your friend. Expect to visit them frequently as they contain the answers to most of the questions you will have. The community discord stays pretty active and is another great source of info if you need help.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
Aero wrote:enemies in destruction have up to 35% fire/cold/light res. you need -35% to put them at 0 resist. from there, you can get them all the way down to -100% (i.e. 135 total pierce).

same for bosses, but 70/170

So I will get full values out of my beyond-100 pierce, right? No diminishing return as I go higher?
Tanin
Pit Knight
116 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How much does /players x influences drops?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the more/players you set , the higher chances for the opponents to drop something . it reduces the "no drop" chance .

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
La_minore wrote:
Aero wrote:enemies in destruction have up to 35% fire/cold/light res. you need -35% to put them at 0 resist. from there, you can get them all the way down to -100% (i.e. 135 total pierce).

same for bosses, but 70/170

So I will get full values out of my beyond-100 pierce, right? No diminishing return as I go higher?
No diminishing returns, only hard caps as previously mentioned(135 for regular enemies,170 for bosses). Diminishing returns only kicks in when you're trying to break an immunity if the immune monster has over 100 res(that applied in cLoD with stuff like Lower Resist curse and Conviction aura). It's no longer an issue in Median, iirc, as immune monsters have exactly 100 res(except for purify bosses, but you won't be able to break those immunities).
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Good afternoon! In stats according to my atack rating I have chance to hit necrobot 60%. But I have Ignore target's defence. Actual my chance to hit necrobot is maximum possible (infinity)? Does it make sence to increase atak rating?