Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
XanKreigur
Prowler
16 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Asseater42069 wrote:Which rings/amulets are SSSUs? I can find Tyrael’s might in Fauztin or no? It says lvl130 but not sure if area needs to be higher than 130?

Tyrael's can be found in Fauzt/Viz-Jun or any other 130 zone like all other SSSU. Jewelry are not included as SSSU and are as such just SU and can be dropped in any A104 or greater areas which has potential to drop SU, though some are clearly rarer then others.

Fauntz->Bremmtown is a good SSSU route since BT is inside Fauntz and both are A130 areas.
XanKreigur
Prowler
16 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
XanKreigur wrote:
Cheno wrote:How exactly does minion resists work? Do they have any passive resists or do I need to supply "all" of it?

Base of 0%, so you must provide any/all of it.

Unless things have changed in Sigma, summons gain +15% innate Elemental res per Skill Level, up to a max of 75%. You can increase it further with the "Summoned Minion Resists" mod--again, up to a max of 75% (so, 150% total). They suffer the same res penalties in Nightmare (-50%) and Hell (-100%) that you do.

Iirc, mercs have +100% innate res. But their character sheet is bugged, so it always shows 75%.

Sounds generous, none of these are stated in tool-tips or calculated in D2Stats. Would be nice to see a total calculation of these somewhere.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Solfege wrote:
XanKreigur wrote:
Cheno wrote:How exactly does minion resists work? Do they have any passive resists or do I need to supply "all" of it?

Base of 0%, so you must provide any/all of it.

Unless things have changed in Sigma, summons gain +15% innate Elemental res per Skill Level, up to a max of 75%. You can increase it further with the "Summoned Minion Resists" mod--again, up to a max of 75% (so, 150% total). They suffer the same res penalties in Nightmare (-50%) and Hell (-100%) that you do.

Iirc, mercs have +100% innate res. But their character sheet is bugged, so it always shows 75%.

So it's impossible to get minions with 75% res in Hell? I guess immortal minions is boring, makes sense. Thanks.
Asseater42069
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
XanKreigur wrote:
Asseater42069 wrote:Which rings/amulets are SSSUs? I can find Tyrael’s might in Fauztin or no? It says lvl130 but not sure if area needs to be higher than 130?

Tyrael's can be found in Fauzt/Viz-Jun or any other 130 zone like all other SSSU. Jewelry are not included as SSSU and are as such just SU and can be dropped in any A104 or greater areas which has potential to drop SU, though some are clearly rarer then others.

Fauntz->Bremmtown is a good SSSU route since BT is inside Fauntz and both are A130 areas.

Thanks!! I thought jewelries meant jewels only but now I know. It’s crazy to think I can get an amulet that grants me an ultimate skill just by running thru hell acts :D
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
XanKreigur wrote:Sounds generous, none of these are stated in tool-tips or calculated in D2Stats. Would be nice to see a total calculation of these somewhere.

It's kinda one of those "hidden" mechanics that confused people for a long time (myself included). SB explained it after M2017 was released.

Cheno wrote:So it's impossible to get minions with 75% res in Hell? I guess immortal minions is boring, makes sense. Thanks.

Afaik, yes. Max res summons can have in Hell is 50%
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
is there some -% enemy resistance breakpoint after there is no point in getting more of that ?
stanbsl
Sasquatch
67 | 1
Solfege wrote:
XanKreigur wrote:Sounds generous, none of these are stated in tool-tips or calculated in D2Stats. Would be nice to see a total calculation of these somewhere.

It's kinda one of those "hidden" mechanics that confused people for a long time (myself included). SB explained it after M2017 was released.

Cheno wrote:So it's impossible to get minions with 75% res in Hell? I guess immortal minions is boring, makes sense. Thanks.

So all i need is +50% to minions res or more? Do they suffer a penalty like players and mercs?
XanKreigur
Prowler
16 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
boozek wrote:is there some -% enemy resistance breakpoint after there is no point in getting more of that ?

Normal resistance in hell for monsters is 35%, bosses have 70% so you effectively need 170% pierce to bring bosses down to -100%. Samael has 199% and is the exception. Monsters with "Absorb" to X element are 30/50/75% resistant respectively and unaffected by pierce of that element.
Edited by XanKreigur 4 years.
XanKreigur
Prowler
16 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
stanbsl wrote:
Solfege wrote:

So all i need is +50% to minions res or more? Do they suffer a penalty like players and mercs?

-50% in NM, -100% in Hell, same as you. Innate they gain 15% per skill point up to 75%, then you can add another 75% from items to bring it to 50% in Hell, effective cap for minions.
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Regarding the auctions on the forum: is there a way to tell if the item being sold is on ladder or non-ladder?