Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
lotloren wrote:Hello quite a quick one. My installation of d2 lod is on 1.13c does the version of the install matter for median and should I update it to 1.14 etc. Thanks in advance.

1.13c is perfectly fine
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
I've killed Epsilon in Fauzt at least 50 times, and still no GR. Is RNG against me, or is the drop rate reaaaally low?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
i usually find 1 or 2 (sometimes 3) GR per full run in Fauztinville . i did hundreds of runs overall with many characters so far , and most of the GR i found were random dropped by normal monsters , very very few of them came from the main necrobots . i think you're better off farming the whole level instead of just farming boss necrobots
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:i usually find 1 or 2 (sometimes 3) GR per full run in Fauztinville . i did hundreds of runs overall with many characters so far , and most of the GR i found were random dropped by normal monsters , very very few of them came from the main necrobots . i think you're better off farming the whole level instead of just farming boss necrobots

Hi, thanks for the reply :)

Maybe you are right. But. Clearing the map, also (for me anyways) mean a bit of time using running around in empty spaces, where i've already killed the mobs. Clearing from entrance to epsilon gives a constant stream of mobs from start to finish. Exiting game and restarting one, seems to be more efficient than running around the enitre Fauzt? Anyway. I might be wrong in my assumptions, as I never find any GR, and you find 1-2 per RUN! Insane :)
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
on your run from the entrance to Epsilon you only encounter about 5% to 10% of the opponents on the map so the odds of finding a great rune are quite small , maby one great rune in 10-20 runs (compared to 1 per full run) , this if RNGessus is generous - but it seams it wasn't so far .

why would you not farm the whole level if any of the opponents has a chance of dropping a GR ?

if only the GR are important , you can use the item filter and not worry about the rest , just focus on clearing the level as soon as you can.

also , what "empty places" are you talking about ? the map is full of opponents wherever you go ,so use a path to clear the map without needing to go back on places you already was .
kolbasnik
Imp
5 | 0
Again about Deadly Strike.
Bladestorm
1.When i did first attack its deal full simple damage that i have(just sword 50 to 150 phys dmg+some affixs with elem dmg for exmple 20 to 50 fire that summary 70-200 dmg) or skill already fixed dmg to 35% that means i deal only ~24 to 70 ORRR fire dmg from affix not appled and its will be 35% only from 50-150 phys? And addition for this first question about Deadly Strike - is appled only for phys dmg or for all including fire dmg from affix?

2.Congrats, the first attack was successful.Now i see on monitor many swords.These swords im pretty sure deal only 35% but again is count only phys dmg or phys+fire?If its phys+fire so DS works only on phys or on both?

3.As well skill have converts %phys to magic.Deadly strike appled for phys or phys+converted magic?

4.Same questions for Area Effect Attack.How DS works on it?Fire from affix work on it or onky phys?Calculating for area effect will be 1) 100% dmg to mobs on area 2) 35% cz skill to mobs on area?

5.What about this skill? DS works on it?Fire dmg from affix appled or only phys?

P . S . sorry for shit english/many words
Edited by kolbasnik 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
deadly strike doubles your physical damage before the conversion to magic happens.

35% WDM means all weapon damage you deal is 35%. So if you deal 100 damage, a 35% WDM skill will deal 35 damage per hit.
kolbasnik
Imp
5 | 0
Crash wrote:deadly strike doubles your physical damage before the conversion to magic happens.

35% WDM means all weapon damage you deal is 35%. So if you deal 100 damage, a 35% WDM skill will deal 35 damage per hit.

Thx you.
So it means that DS useless with skills like this cz a lot of dmg not phys?
LadyKerrigan
Fallen
1 | 0
Can we still play multiplayer via direct IP connection?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kolbasnik wrote:
Crash wrote:deadly strike doubles your physical damage before the conversion to magic happens.

Thx you.
So it means that DS useless with skills like this cz a lot of dmg not phys?

deadly strike is really good. you're doubling your entire physical damage, which means you get double the amount of magic damage from the conversion too.