Discuss Median XL!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Stereox wrote:Some items are very rare, but also the game rolls "seed" for drop rate. If your seed said so, then you'll drop based on that seed.
Quitting the game and restart it will reset it

Source: my own observation. There's no way rng will drop me 5 traprat shield in one TA run

It was quite a while when I last checked how exactly items are selected for the drop, but there is no fixed seed which is used to calculate the outcome. Unfortunately there is no detailed and accurate tutorial for item generation, https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item_Generation_Tutorial and other sources with that information are not accurate.
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Hi guys!

I need a better explanation about the affix "current strenght damage bonus" on Invictus shield. It changes the value all the time. From 170% to 144% and then to 90% on the same char and keep varying.

What exactly is it related with?

Total flat strenght points?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
PhilippeMello wrote:Hi guys!

I need a better explanation about the affix "current strenght damage bonus" on Invictus shield. It changes the value all the time. From 170% to 144% and then to 90% on the same char and keep varying.

It depends on how much strenght you have.

More strength results in higher damage output if you use that weapon. (There's also the same with Dexterity, so you should always look at what your main stat is since it depends on the weapon.)
PhilippeMello
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
HechtHeftig wrote:
PhilippeMello wrote:Hi guys!

It depends on how much strenght you have.

More strength results in higher damage output if you use that weapon. (There's also the same with Dexterity, so you should always look at what your main stat is since it depends on the weapon.)

Thanks a lot for the fast reply Hecht!
Worldless
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I haven't had time to play mxl this ladder, but I'm wondering if there will be a early announcement for sigma as it would be awesome to get a week off work for its release, any information appreciated
Xpearl
Skeleton
2 | 0
Does henchman set drop on single Player?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yes
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Worldless wrote:I haven't had time to play mxl this ladder, but I'm wondering if there will be a early announcement for sigma as it would be awesome to get a week off work for its release, any information appreciated

There should be some sort of trailer released after blizzcon, which starts tomorrow. Hopefully we get a launch date with that trailer, but MXL17, which was the biggest rework before sigma, had a trailer with no release date in it.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
Is 'walking/running too fast' considered 'out of sight'? I defeated Kabraxis using Assassin and Sorceress by the running-in-a-small-circle-around-him strategy with no problem. I'm using Barbarian with maxed Wolf Stance, really fast run/walk speed. Although I kept a constant radius around him, he just keep Pouncing wherever I walk. The radius is too small for him to Pounce, but still...
Xpearl
Skeleton
2 | 0
How exacly can you get Xis rune?