Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
zmeckancek
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
HI, I have a question/complaint/perhaps-even-a-bug-report about the druid skill Elemental. The visuals of the skill don't match the mechanics at all
-visuals (animation): little elemental dude runs in a straight line, pierces all enemies and explodes upon contact with each enemy (with a certain internal CD between explosions)
-actual mechanics: it only damages enemies on the first explosion. Everything after that is a visual lie
Is this intentional? It's irritating as fk, because the animation is constantly reminding you of how cool this skill could've been (rewards you for positioning yourself so that each cast of Elemental hits as many packs as possible), and the actual mechanics which basically make this skill a basic fireball

edit: I think same thing is happening with the maelstorm skill. The main projectile pierces all enemies, the flechettes fly with it, but only the front row of enemies take damage. I haven't tested this one as much as Elemental, so I might be missing something on this one
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bagboy_Brown wrote:Just had to update to Mod version 1.0.1 and launcher version 1.1.0.

It was summin like 300mb, no patch notes?

It was 1.4mb for me,I assumed it's just minor bugfixes
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Can someone explain what " Skill speeds have been removed, all player skills will now modify item equivalents (adjusted accordingly) " in changelog means?
Asking because now sorc speeds are completely off.
1h orb + 170% FCR is completely identical (in game) to staff + 100% FCR, but according to speeds calculator should be 8 vs 5 frames (almost double) FCR difference. Can we get 4 frame cast rate with orb now?
Redoks
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hi! Can anyone clarify this for me? Does ethereal items have better atributes than normal ones? Like Eth armos have better defense and Eth weapons have better attack stats?
mrmatthew
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crash wrote:
mrmatthew wrote:Are the Veteran Tokens only able to apply the bonus to class charms 1 time?
I gathered 5 Evil Eyes in NM and applied the bonus, now I've gathered them again in Hell, but the cube does nothing...
Am I doing something wrong?

It's a one time recipe.

Thank you!
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Redoks wrote:Hi! Can anyone clarify this for me? Does ethereal items have better atributes than normal ones? Like Eth armos have better defense and Eth weapons have better attack stats?

If i'm not mistaken, eth weapons have 50% more base dmg and eth armors have 50% more base def. Also stat req are lower compared to non-eth items
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Have 2 questions:
1) Does bloodthorns skill trigger "On striking" procs?
2) Is Elemental druid set is good enough to wear compared to TUs that I'm wearing atm?
crankzax
Prowler
16 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I’ve got a full list of TU I farmed on another character and I’m progressing though normal as a Spear Zon and it’s been rough. (Great Hunt/Pounce) I think what’s killing me most is how insanely slow the Maiden Pike TU is that I saw was BIS for leveling. Should I maybe be using the other one because of the huge Attack speed Despite low ED?
Caromara
Imp
5 | 0
lunar.seven wrote:
Caromara wrote:I changed Legacy_automapmode and automapfade to 1 in the preferences but still getting the ugly huge map and a launcher update every time I start it. What did I miss?

choose the correct app data folder

maybe theres one in admin and one in user

if you want highlight all at once, use searchprogramm called: Everything
or click on setting in the Launcher :arrow: application data, theres an save folder, in there you can find an preferences.json

as for searching with windows or everything
type: Median XL

search the AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save\preferences.json

open: preferences.json
with a notepad

highlight : map

all lines with map in it - you can search them,
:!: do not copy paste this, change them one by one

"legacy_automapmode": 1,
"legacy_automapfade": 1,
"legacy_automap_left": 0,

sets the map to top-right side of your screen :arrow: "legacy_automap_left": 0,

Thanks a lot, it is working now!
I also used the wrong editor I think. With Notepad ++ the values did not really change when editing and saving, the normal editor just worked fine. *happy*
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Kostetus wrote:Have 2 questions:
1) Does bloodthorns skill trigger "On striking" procs?
2) Is Elemental druid set is good enough to wear compared to TUs that I'm wearing atm?

1)
spells can trigger by chance to cast ( ctc ) // edit: on Death Blow and on kill
attacks can trigger by on striking / on attack / on kill / on Death Blow ( probably )

BT is an unholy melee spell with an attack-spell-mechanic, but it triggers also by on attack / on kill / on death blow
the frequently buff with TS melee attack, will also trigger spells by on striking / on attack / on kill etc.

2)
hard to tell, if no one knows the tu's you wearing, when you not telling us :)

imo the set seems slightly better then tu's for druid ( guide setup / i guess ? )
but it will depend on situation, area etc. where some tu /rw combo more shines then the set itself

crankzax wrote:I’ve got a full list of TU I farmed on another character and I’m progressing though normal as a Spear Zon and it’s been rough. (Great Hunt/Pounce) I think what’s killing me most is how insanely slow the Maiden Pike TU is that I saw was BIS for leveling. Should I maybe be using the other one because of the huge Attack speed Despite low ED?

doesnt make a 'huge' different on that stage of lvling...you can put ias in it, but i wouldnt go far with moeing ( magic orbs + item in cube ) lower items, then its necessary

what feels more comfortable for you....

lategame the maidenpike as sacred base, is slightly better imo for crafting, or rw making, etc.
Edited by lunar.seven 5 years.