Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Pinksagee
Skeleton
2 | 0
I went to reset my stats with Akara in Act 1, and I shift clicked a stats (strength) as I thought it would give +X to it. Well, it put every single points in it. How can I reset now? I heard it's only with potion drop, but I'm only level 41.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Try to finish normal asap and proceed to nightnare to ask Akara to respec again. It shoud take you less than 1 hour if say that you are already level 41
SeaWeed
Thunder Beetle
56 | 4
Pinksagee wrote:I went to reset my stats with Akara in Act 1, and I shift clicked a stats (strength) as I thought it would give +X to it. Well, it put every single points in it. How can I reset now? I heard it's only with potion drop, but I'm only level 41.

You will not be able to reset it without Akara or Belladonna potion. You should have doublechecked. If you are singleplayer you have to deal with it until nightmare or you get a lucky drop. If you are multiplayer I can give you a potion to reset (/whisper *SeaWeed)
IRID1UM
Fallen
1 | 0
I've been interested in playing a barbarian, but the stances for me are cumbersome and they "block" the right mouse button. Is there a way of changing a stance to be a 20 minute buff instead?

@pinksagee: if you play single player (offline) you can use the median xl offline tools to reset skills and stat points. It's linked in the tools section.
Arubel
Bone Archer
74 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
can you lifeleach with spells?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
In general no.
But SSU
The Angiris Star
The Angiris Star
Angel Star (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 55 to 58
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 602
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Vessel of Retribution: 0.7% Damage Leeched as Life
3% Chance to cast level 40 Death Ripple on Death Blow
+(4 to 6) to Paladin Skill Levels
20% Movement Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+30% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-50% to Fire Spell Damage
-50% to Lightning Spell Damage
-50% to Cold Spell Damage
-50% to Poison Spell Damage
(5 to 20)% to Vitality
(5 to 20)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Socketed (3)
can do that through VoR Spell Damage
TastyTurtle
Prowler
17 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does poison damage stack?

I'm looking at the Herald of Pestilence 1h blunt weapon for pally. On this weapon, it gives ctc rotting flesh on kill, graveyard okill, and damage boost to Symphony of Destruction. What is the point in having so much poison abilities if only one poison will be applied?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TastyTurtle wrote:Does poison damage stack?

I'm looking at the Herald of Pestilence 1h blunt weapon for pally. On this weapon, it gives ctc rotting flesh on kill, graveyard okill, and damage boost to Symphony of Destruction. What is the point in having so much poison abilities if only one poison will be applied?

it's the theme of the item. different poison skills have different mechanics and damages. there's a page in the docs wiki about poison damage
jiallombardo
Prowler
17 | 0
Two questions:
1. What's the best order for level 120 areas (if there is one)? I've seen the descriptions, so it kinda feels like Quov Tsin should go after Judgement Day, but still, maybe some advice?
2. If I increase my MF, would it affect the chance to find set items in K3K? Is there another area, where I could more or less reliably farm Set items?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
jiallombardo wrote:Two questions:
1. What's the best order for level 120 areas (if there is one)? I've seen the descriptions, so it kinda feels like Quov Tsin should go after Judgement Day, but still, maybe some advice?
2. If I increase my MF, would it affect the chance to find set items in K3K? Is there another area, where I could more or less reliably farm Set items?

1.) It really depends on your character. Quov Tsin needs 90 max resist to fire lightning and cold and about 135 damage reduction (you can get 90 from mystic orbs on rings and amulet) to become nearly immune to all of his attacks. Ureh needs a few summons maybe or high defense. Also 40% movement speed on boots and a teleport skill like Blink from
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
is adviced. Teganze/Duncraig/Triune are farming areas, so you should be able to get at least through the farming parts. Duncraig: You can easily kill assur if you stack lots of fire resist (425 in total and 90 max fire resist) you are nearly immune to his attacks and can easily kill him. Triune needs some strategy. It has become a lot easier since the last patch. Just go to the very north of the map to get the Tome, then lure 1 boss to the other and use the charm skill from the tome to charm one of the enemies and let the other one hit him. And the boss in teganze is rather easy since you can just keep a TP open. Just make sure that your damage output is strong enough to counter his healing. The rest is about farming Teganze for essences. I can't say much about Kabraxis and Athulua, but I hope I was able to help you already. And for Judgement day: You need killspeed and movement speed more than anything else.
2.) Yes, MF increases the chance to find set items. K3K is by far the best area to gather sets.