Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
stormbringer
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Do mercs have physical resistance? If so, what's the value by default and whether there is a cap?
kortt
Core Lord
390 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello! Tell me, please, what skill to use, what would recline the XAZAX O-) senders?
haemoneptra
Pit Knight
100 | 2
Ericksonius wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting great runes to drop in single player? I've invested close to 9 hours farming fauzt and toraja and have yet to see any at all. Am I missing something and/or wasting my time?

That is either very very strange or u are extremely unlucky.
U could try TCP/IP co-op with someone for increased drop chance, but that is just a suggestion
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Venomous Spirit VS Punisher. I know that punishers deal more damage but I would just like to get an idea of how much Venomous Spirit is inferior to a Punisher? Mainly damage wise but also just like to hear peoples opinions while comparing the two in general? Lets say that both of them are at the same lvl.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
AFAIK, Venomous Spirit is somewhat homing, but about as slow and deals much less damage. Punisher doesn't home, but fires three projectiles at once for extremely high poison damage to anything they manage to hit. In my admittedly limited experience, Punisher will flat-out kill you even with 80%+ poison res, while VS deals largely negligeble damage even with ~50% poison res. So, Punisher is much better as long as you're able to reliably hit things, while VS is mostly useless as long as you have any other sources of poison damage.

Anyway, do higher difficulties actually spawn larger numbers of enemies, or am I just imagining things? And do mercs gain more XP than the PC as long as they're lower level, or is the appearance of such just that they need less to level up?
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Ericksonius wrote:Is anyone else having trouble getting great runes to drop in single player? I've invested close to 9 hours farming fauzt and toraja and have yet to see any at all. Am I missing something and/or wasting my time?

They're not always easy to spot. Are you using the drop notifier in the D2Stats Reader tool (if not, you can download here: https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php).

I thought I was good at spotting drops until I used this. It's amazing how many you miss.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GreyRook wrote:And do mercs gain more XP than the PC as long as they're lower level, or is the appearance of such just that they need less to level up?

It‘s actually both. As long as they are below your level they gain a lot more exp, and as soon as they hit the same level you have, it slows down a lot. But in general their exp tables are different, too I think, so shortly after you level up they will level up, too.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
[quote="GreyRook"]AFAIK, Venomous Spirit is somewhat homing, but about as slow and deals much less damage. Punisher doesn't home, but fires three projectiles at once for extremely high poison damage to anything they manage to hit. In my admittedly limited experience, Punisher will flat-out kill you even with 80%+ poison res, while VS deals largely negligeble damage even with ~50% poison res. So, Punisher is much better as long as you're able to reliably hit things, while VS is mostly useless as long as you have any other sources of poison damage.
/quote]

Thanks!
Zador
Skeleton
2 | 0
hello, is it possible to farm scrolls of resistances with other chars to cube with the class charm more often to get more resistances or is 3 times you get from each difficulty the maximum you can do?
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:It‘s actually both. As long as they are below your level they gain a lot more exp, and as soon as they hit the same level you have, it slows down a lot. But in general their exp tables are different, too I think, so shortly after you level up they will level up, too.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Zador wrote:hello, is it possible to farm scrolls of resistances with other chars to cube with the class charm more often to get more resistances or is 3 times you get from each difficulty the maximum you can do?

...I'm pretty sure that's a no, if only because it seems like kind of an exploit.