Discuss Median XL!
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For Qov Tsin you need like 450-500 all res because he have -250 all res aura. For the rest of your game you should have like 80-85 all res.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hellgrind wrote:For Qov Tsin you need like 450-500 all res because he have -250 all res aura. For the rest of your game you should have like 80-85 all res.

no he doesn't. you should keep up wiht patch change before giving out info. qt doesn't pierce resist anymore for like last two or three patches
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
For QT you need 150 flat damage reduction and capped max ress to become 100% immune to his beam. You can get 90 damage reduction from mystic orbs on rings /amulet. Beware thought that you can still be instagibbed by his nova.
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
hellgrind wrote:For Qov Tsin you need like 450-500 all res because he have -250 all res aura. For the rest of your game you should have like 80-85 all res.

Aero wrote: no he doesn't. you should keep up wiht patch change before giving out info. qt doesn't pierce resist anymore for like last two or three patches

HechtHeftig wrote:For QT you need 150 flat damage reduction and capped max ress to become 100% immune to his beam. You can get 90 damage reduction from mystic orbs on rings /amulet. Beware thought that you can still be instagibbed by his nova.

Thank you for your answers. So as long as I have max res in Destruction (85 atm + about 150-200 stacked res), I should be fine respectively don't need to "massively" stack res?

Edit: except for QT ofc
Edited by Paladin 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Paladin wrote:Thank you for your answers. So as long as I have max res in Destruction (85 atm with some stacked res), I should be fine respectively don't need to "massively" stack res?

Edit: except for QT ofc

No, you can have 90 max resist. (5% all from Azmodan's heart, and 10% each from perfect gems in your equipment.) That will make you immune for QT's beam (in addition to the 150 flat damage reduction)
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
Yo guys, im at act 5 hatred and i do have a couple of questions.

1) I need to make an honorific boots. I was wondering about the fact that i need to get the lowest base possible (low requirements, especially for level, so i can put more MO); though, i fear that taking a t1 boots wont make me get 4 sockets on the boots. How do i know what is the minimum tier of gear that assure me to have 4 sockets on boots? I can't find this specific information on the docs.

2) Upgrading tiered uniques. If i use some MO on a unique, and then upgrade it using an arcane crystal,will the bonus of the previously used MO remain in the uptiered unique? Or will i lose it?

Thanks a lot people, and sorry for my awful english :)
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Serge91 wrote:Yo guys, im at act 5 hatred and i do have a couple of questions.
1) I need to make an honorific boots. I was wondering about the fact that i need to get the lowest base possible (low requirements, especially for level, so i can put more MO); though, i fear that taking a t1 boots wont make me get 4 sockets on the boots. How do i know what is the minimum tier of gear that assure me to have 4 sockets on boots? I can't find this specific information on the docs.
2) Upgrading tiered uniques. If i use some MO on a unique, and then upgrade it using an arcane crystal,will the bonus of the previously used MO remain in the uptiered unique? Or will i lose it?
Thanks a lot people :)

1) If memory serves me well
tier1 to tier3: 2 sockets
tier4 to tier5: 3 sockets
tier6: 4 sockets
Keep in mind that most things worth socketing have minimum levels req. and non-sacred horific items even at t6 haven't that high of a level, plus you can put MOs only up to 5 of the same type on the same item piece. Long story short: do not worry too much of the tier level.

2) you lose it.
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
Serge91 wrote:Yo guys, im at act 5 hatred and i do have a couple of questions.
Thanks a lot people :)

1) If memory serves me well
tier1 to tier3: 2 sockets
tier4 to tier5: 3 sockets
tier6: 4 sockets
Keep in mind that most things worth socketing have minimum levels req. and non-sacred horific items even at t6 haven't that high of a level, plus you can put MOs only up to 5 of the same type on the same item piece. Long story short: do not worry too much of the tier level.

2) you lose it.

Thanks a lot for the reply, that was very clear and quick.
That info about sockets should be put in the documentation, honestly.

I thought that socketing gems wouldn't increase the level required of the item...
Im at act 5 so tier 6 items are out of my reach right now but, if socketing gem increases the level requirement, then i dont care so much anymore about sockets
Anyway ill sure do another honorific when ill get a t6 item.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
server down?
Pascal
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I've grown this unyielding feeling over the past years that it is the type of armour that matters the most rather than the amount of defence shown to player (-:
..in that for example a sacret quilted armour of 3000 defence is significantly less effective than a 3000 def tiered (6) breast plate.
Prove me wrong :bounce: