Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ronthar wrote:Do multiple instances of "Area effect damage" (such as Strength Beyond Strength) stack?

(2 sources = x2 the damage?) I assume not but still curious....

No
Xenomorphous
Rust Claw
85 | 2
In an Unholy Melee pally, do melee spells such as Blood Thorns/Lemures use IAS or FCR?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Xenomorphous wrote:In an Unholy Melee pally, do melee spells such as Blood Thorns/Lemures use IAS or FCR?

IAS, for UHM I totally recommend using another spec to get the charms he is pretty weak in the current patches for that, once he has gear he is a funny farmer.
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
What mercs/merc gear to you guys prefer to compliment a melee barb?

I've been using the bloodmage from act 3 for his healing with gift of inner fire and thrown some basic gear on him that offers more buffs for my barb (Shark runeword weapon with bloodlust on kill for example). I want to get him the Hibagon runeword boots that give 3x titans with their ress auras and Khazra Plate for the Demon blood aura but no luck with drops yet.

On Ladder I'm running with the act 2 shapeshifter but have trash for gear on him so far.

Just wondering what others run with or have tried, looked at a few barb guides and didn't see any merc set ups.
jespence
Stone Warrior
30 | 2
I've wondered this for years, but what does the name Median mean? A median by definition is something situated in the middle or an average in a range of values; why the name median?
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Ronthar wrote:What mercs/merc gear to you guys prefer to compliment a melee barb?

I've been using the bloodmage from act 3 for his healing with gift of inner fire and thrown some basic gear on him that offers more buffs for my barb (Shark runeword weapon with bloodlust on kill for example). I want to get him the Hibagon runeword boots that give 3x titans with their ress auras and Khazra Plate for the Demon blood aura but no luck with drops yet.

On Ladder I'm running with the act 2 shapeshifter but have trash for gear on him so far.

Just wondering what others run with or have tried, looked at a few barb guides and didn't see any merc set ups.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4141

Mercenary section.
Comicbook
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Is there an effective way to farm Toraja? My main problem with this uber level is that edyrems die very quick and that is why clearing that level is very slow for me (1+ hour on p8). Also is it normal that I already found 7 auhe runes and no shaads or am I just being really unlucky?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Comicbook wrote:Is there an effective way to farm Toraja? My main problem with this uber level is that edyrems die very quick and that is why clearing that level is very slow for me (1+ hour on p8). Also is it normal that I already found 7 auhe runes and no shaads or am I just being really unlucky?

Builds with many summons generally do have it better here, they tank for the edyrem. A summoner barb/necro for example. 7 Auhe runes?!? Fuck you mate I would kill 1000 celebrants of the triune for one!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Comicbook wrote:Is there an effective way to farm Toraja? My main problem with this uber level is that edyrems die very quick and that is why clearing that level is very slow for me (1+ hour on p8). Also is it normal that I already found 7 auhe runes and no shaads or am I just being really unlucky?

Best would be probably a summoner barb (or a summoner necro with Spirit walk from
Sinwar
Sinwar
Demon Head (Sacred)

Defense: 1448 to 1766
Chance to Block:
4%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 445
Item Level: 105
+(5 to 6) to Necromancer Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
+100 Spell Focus
+(20 to 30)% to Spell Damage
-30% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-10% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Physical Resist 15%
Cannot Be Frozen
Total Defense = 0
Socketed (4)
). The summons prevent your edyrems from being hit, and the barb can simply jump on enemies, so all your summons attack the same enemy at the same time and should easily kill them within a second.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You don't seen Sinwar.

No reason to sacrifice a great staff for a nec shield that only gives you a stance boost. That's the entire reason behind Black Mass, plus Black Mass lets your minions heal themselves. You can just use teleport or bend the shadows in close range.