Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
pearlgambler wrote:So are low level gems useless? what item do i pick up at low levels my inventory is getting clogged up. I am picking up uniques and amulets+rings to sell them runes too but they cause a clog

The only gems that exist now are the mid-range gems and above (example: Ruby, Flawless Ruby, Perfect Ruby). Chipped/Flawed were removed for clutter (they still exist from andariel drops and gem shrines, but those are hardcoded). Save the ones you think you'll need. If you're a dexterity/block based character, save some to cube up to make Perfect Amethysts. Turquoise gives lots of magic find in shields. Onyx/Amber/Bloodstone/Turquoise give maximum and flat resistance in armor slots.
Valkv
Imp
4 | 0
Hello there, newcomer here :).
For about half of this day i was trying to run newest Median XL without any luck.
No matter what i do, and i tried probably every solution posted here, i got unhandled exception access_violation 00...5.
I'm playing on Win 7. About 2 months ago i played median for some time without any trouble but i deleted it (lack of time:)). Now, on the same computer, installing in the same route it just won't work!

In short, what i tried:
1. Compatibility mode on Diablo II.exe and Game.exe - every option;
2.Disabling and creating an exception in Firewall/Antivirus;
3. DEP disabled totally...
4. Rebooting and reinstalling/re-downloading game and the mod...
5. Everything from the viewtopic.php?p=100771#p100771 honestly.

What else can i do? Because after whole day i am really tired of this, dunno why my PC won't cooperate with me :P. My last resort is probably resinstalling the whole system, but i want to know if it's really the only way.

And one more thing, i am not using any additional mods like plugy, multires etc. just mod and the game. Uhm and i tried on 1.12 and 1.13. D2 without a mod works fine.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Valkv wrote:And one more thing, i am not using any additional mods like plugy, multires etc. just mod and the game. Uhm and i tried on 1.12 and 1.13. D2 without a mod works fine.

Have you tried the Launcher?
Valkv
Imp
4 | 0
No, i didn't, i have a bad experience using mod launchers, but i will try it right now.
Valkv
Imp
4 | 0
Double Post / sorry!

After reinstalling diablo 2 lod and launcher, i open it, and it shows me news, but it also say that Version Unknown. i am clicking restart but nothing changes. How does it work exactly?

Edit: Now it shows javascript error, working on it..

Edit2: Launcher is working, version 16xx sth, but when i start the game it launches normal game, do i still need to copy median XL files into the d2 folder? Couse i tho that launcher will install the mod automatically

Edit3 up yes i need to... It works! thanks :) /cheer!
Edited by Valkv 6 years.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Valkv wrote:After reinstalling diablo 2 lod and launcher, i open it, and it shows me news, but it also say that Version Unknown. i am clicking restart but nothing changes. How does it work exactly?
Edit: Now it shows javascript error, working on it..
Edit2: Launcher is working, version 16xx sth, but when i start the game it launches normal game, do i still need to copy median XL files into the d2 folder? Couse i tho that launcher will install the mod automatically

If you're using the launcher:
-Note that, right now, the launcher has some problem with non-English OS.
-Make sure to not have installed the launcher in the Program Files folder.
-Uninstall any previous median version or launcher, delete patch_d2.mpq in your d2 folder (might avert error "2239").
-Get the new launcher: MXL Launcher Setup (as of now is version 0.2.8.0).
-Install and update.
If you crash you probably didn't install the new launcher and are using the old one (MXL_Setup_v0.2.7.0), and/or didn't delete patch_d2.mpq.
If you get the "Version Unknown" try to run the D2VidTst, it may helps.
If you still getting problems with the launcher follow the instruction here: How to Join , run DiabloII as administrator and don't run the game trough the launcher.
Valkv
Imp
4 | 0
It works, i've done those things meanwhile :). Right now it works on windowed mode, on full screen game just do not open. But apparently it's working as process (alt+ctrl+del, not sure how to name it in English).

@Final Edit, changed some settings (direct 3D) and it works in Full screen, thanks for help. I probably wouldn't even think about using the launcher.
momope
Bone Archer
78 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Goodkidscc wrote:I'm sure it had been addressed before, did blizzards d2 code prevent stances from being assigned to left click?

There was something like you couldn't open doors, break jars, or activate anything with a stance on left click, so it was disallowed.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
heroic shield has been removed, but still I can hardly hit/damage BPR or Q'Tsin, do they have smthing like 90% avoid or 1 mil def? is there any way I can kill Qtsin as a barb without respecting and abusing fortress?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
chickenfeeder wrote:heroic shield has been removed, but still I can hardly hit/damage BPR or Q'Tsin, do they have smthing like 90% avoid or 1 mil def? is there any way I can kill Qtsin as a barb without respecting and abusing fortress?

It has to be Avoid. IDK what the percentage is, but it's ridiculously high. It also seems like most (maybe all) bosses have it, even Act bosses. Played a Mana Sorc through end-game a few weeks ago and couldn't hit anything with Mana Sweep. It was frustrating.