Discuss Median XL!
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Remember that runewords only work with grey items.

So - the rule is: use a grey item and apply jewels until there is only one socket left, then insert the rune.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
What about an upgraded item, such as
King's Blood (Xis)
Then just like it shows, with the 2 last open sockets, put first Vex, then Xis, and you got it?
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Question:

Approx Tg value of the Xis rune (Or stone, whatever it's called)? I realize it can be a bit more or less than the suggested, but I need a starting point plz.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Ibra1 wrote:What about an upgraded item, such as
King's Blood (Xis)
Then just like it shows, with the 2 last open sockets, put first Vex, then Xis, and you got it?

Yes, jewels until the last 2 slots, then Vex and then Xis.
If the dagger has only 2 sockets, then just vex and xis
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Itayush
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Oh god.. I feel so dumb now...
I tried to make them from rare/unique/magical items, because I wanted the things they already have, and then add more (add the runeword in addition to it)...
I went over the docs bunch of times, but it seem like every time I missed the part that came after "Grey items only!" :D
I kinda ignored it every time because I was like "I wanna use it on good/strong items, not regular/grey items (to gain more of it)..

So now I feel a bit confused here.. Since runewords are so strong, why would you even consider using all the other items(magical, rares, uniques and so on)?

Kindly forgive my ignorance..

PS: Unrelated but, is there a way to change the colors somehow? I am blind color and I find it very hard to tell the difference between the Yellow and the Gold ingame colors..
Traphomet
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Are there any archived older versions of the docs in case I wanted to go back to an older version of Median?
Itayush
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Traphomet wrote:Are there any archived older versions of the docs in case I wanted to go back to an older version of Median?

I've been using this for the things I couldn't find in the new doc..
http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/
hope it helps^^
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
For the sake of making a runeword, if a runeword requires a 'throwing knife'. Is a flying knife the same thing, and will also produce same runeword, or does it REALLY need to be the 'throwing knife' specified?

(Same with crystal sword vs warp sword...)
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The base item requirement refers to the item type. Throwing, flying and balanced knives would work for any runewords that require a "throwing knife". The sorceress crystal sword runewords require a warp blade. Items are listed by type in the tu/su/base items sections of the docs.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Ibra1 wrote:Question:

Approx Tg value of the Xis rune (Or stone, whatever it's called)? I realize it can be a bit more or less than the suggested, but I need a starting point plz.

For single-player/non-ladder, it has no real TG value. For early ladder anywhere from 50-70 TG, for late ladder 30 or less TG. It varies though, and it can always sell for more or less... This is just my best estimate.