Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
qweqwe
Cog
230 | 4
With ladder reset coming, I intend to play with a friend. I may play at his place sometimes, so we might end up with the same IP. Is there anyone we should inform?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
qweqwe wrote:With ladder reset coming, I intend to play with a friend. I may play at his place sometimes, so we might end up with the same IP. Is there anyone we should inform?

talk to aahz. believe he's the one who monitors tsw logs
krex87
Cog
205 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Paladin wrote: I also think there are some guys at the very top of the map, it should be possible to avoid them (somehow).

isn't ully at the top? there might be some guys above him, but hopefully you are not trying to avoid him accidentally :oops:
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Aero wrote:
qweqwe wrote:With ladder reset coming, I intend to play with a friend. I may play at his place sometimes, so we might end up with the same IP. Is there anyone we should inform?

talk to aahz. believe he's the one who monitors tsw logs

Aero pls, you should know better than telling ppl to contact me just to tell me they'll play from the same ip

if you play with friends from the same IP you may get a warning: Possible multilog detected! Read /multilog command to avoid being banned.
and if you read /multilog tsw command, you'll see:
Multilogging rule and how not to get banned for it:

Make sure that either both of you are playing (= killing
monsters = gaining exp) or both are AFK (= not killing
monsters = not gaining exp).

If only 1 of you needs to be AFK (= usually stay in town),
then he should quit the game and rejoin later.

You may still get the warning, but you won't get banned
if you follow this.

Also, do not eat any Signet when multilogging since bot
will consider that you leveling a char and can potentially
get you reported and banned.

Usually first account ban is 8-24h, second 48-72h, third
is permanent

(which is basically copied from discord !multilog which has been shown there like a million times already)
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Mirtazapin
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Paladin wrote:Is there some kind of working tactic to get the Judgement Day upgrade? I'm playing an Iron Spiral Barb with maxblock. I've tried seperating Uldyssian from his mates without success countless times, best I could do get him and one of his mates in a corner. Then I spammed Edyrems on him, I also deactivated Bearstance, so he can kill them faster in order to spawn Malthael/Imperius.

How do I properly seperate Uldyssian? I know there are 2 or 3 Non-Uldy-guys at the start of the tp, it is np trapping THEM. But after that Uldy comes with 1000 mates. I also think there are some guys at the very top of the map, it should be possible to avoid them (somehow).

Even IF I would get Uldy alone, how can I avoid that the other guys jump in again? Permaspam Edyrems on him? Also do I kill Malthael/Imperius instantly if one of them spawns or spare their life until the other one spawns?

I really wish the chance of them spawning would be a little bit higher and instead their life/damage would be much higher. I don't care dying 1000000x times for a cham or have to do some annoying tasks in order to get a charm but this is just pure luck (1%). And yes I'm really salty atm :wall:

Seperate uldy with his near guys from the three on the start. Spam your minions on uldy, you maybe need lot of mana potions... Keep a tp up always, dont have any strong damageoutput active. If one spawns keep him alive until the other one spawns too, which take a few minutes mostly. As soon as both are there, kill them, use tp, cube charm. Try this until success, may take few tries.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Mirtazapin wrote:
Paladin wrote:I really wish the chance of them spawning would be a little bit higher and instead their life/damage would be much higher. I don't care dying 1000000x times for a cham or have to do some annoying tasks in order to get a charm but this is just pure luck (1%). And yes I'm really salty atm :wall:

Seperate uldy with his near guys from the three on the start. Spam your minions on uldy, you maybe need lot of mana potions... Keep a tp up always, dont have any strong damageoutput active. If one spawns keep him alive until the other one spawns too, which take a few minutes mostly. As soon as both are there, kill them, use tp, cube charm. Try this until success, may take few tries.

By take a few tries he means it could literally take 200 if the game hates you like it hates me lol. Especially cause one of the two (Cant remember which one) throws a special holy grenade that spawns more edyrems. I truly wish you the best of luck, although potentially extremely easy, this can be extremely annoying.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aahz wrote:Aero pls, you should know better than telling ppl to contact me just to tell me they'll play from the same ip

:mrgreen: just wanted to make sure we were all being social and healthy
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
krex87 wrote:isn't ully at the top? there might be some guys above him, but hopefully you are not trying to avoid him accidentally :oops:

He is in the middle I think. As far as I've experienced it at least. But as soon as I've trapped the lower 3 guys and try to go slowly towards him (the middle), he AND some other guys jump me. No way I can get him alone. Uldy is the one with the armor, so I hope I've chased the right one. :D

Mirtazapin wrote: Seperate uldy with his near guys from the three on the start. Spam your minions on uldy, you maybe need lot of mana potions... Keep a tp up always, dont have any strong damageoutput active. If one spawns keep him alive until the other one spawns too, which take a few minutes mostly. As soon as both are there, kill them, use tp, cube charm. Try this until success, may take few tries.

K, I'll try that then. Although I think, Malthael/Imperius cause much trouble while alive, the non-uldy-guys could jump again. Surviving, mana and damage is no problem, Malthael/Imperius die in about one second, also the frequent earthquake doesnt hurt much. It is just the seperating of Uldy what keeps making problems.

madgod wrote:By take a few tries he means it could literally take 200 if the game hates you like it hates me lol. Especially cause one of the two (Cant remember which one) throws a special holy grenade that spawns more edyrems. I truly wish you the best of luck, although potentially extremely easy, this can be extremely annoying.

I feel you, man. Malthael is the grenade guy, I also hate him more than Imperius, probably because he spawns 9/10 times for me.

Thanks all for your input! Final question: Does anybody know, how the mechanics of these teleporting guys work? I got the impression, that they only jump on me, when I'm too close. If my Edyrems run around aimlessly at the edge of my screen, the uldy-guys don't really care. Is this true?
Mirtazapin
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Paladin wrote:
krex87 wrote:K, I'll try that then. Although I think, Malthael/Imperius cause much trouble while alive, the non-uldy-guys could jump again. Surviving, mana and damage is no problem, Malthael/Imperius die in about one second, also the frequent earthquake doesnt hurt much. It is just the seperating of Uldy what keeps making problems.

Well i dont think you can seperate them complete. I never saw someone fighting uldy alone, always with his 3 edyrems. Ok you may can seperate them, but this imo will be way more annoying/time wasting than take him on with his friends.
On one try i got both spawned, killed but then was strucked by too many edyrems so i couldnt reach the tp or survive the cubing.. i dont played median xl the next three days^^ on other try it was done without any trouble in 2 minutes. combining this uber while farming at kahlimgrad, the upgrade isn´t really a must have for any build. sooner or later it will work ;)
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What are 5 good starter builds to farm Kurast 3000 BA?