Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dongflexer wrote:How much spell pierce is enough? are there benefits going past 100%? If so, what is the cap?

Resistances of regular enemies (includes elites and Uber level regulars):
0 all on Hatred
0 physical/magical, 15 fire/cold/lightning and 5 poison on Terror
0 physical/magical, 35 fire/cold/lightning and 20 poison on Destruction
Resistances of Bosses on Destruction: (15-35)% physical/magical, (50-70)% fire/cold/lightning, (40-Immune)% poison
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
Gekko64 wrote:
dongflexer wrote:How much spell pierce is enough? are there benefits going past 100%? If so, what is the cap?

0 all on Hatred
Resistances of Bosses on Destruction: (15-35)% physical/magical, (50-70)% fire/cold/lightning, (40-Immune)% poison

I'm aware of how much destruction difficulty adds, but does this mean that -135% lightning resist is the highest effecive pierce on normal mobs, or will -300% pierce even more?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
no, they can't go lower than -100
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dongflexer wrote:
Gekko64 wrote:

0 all on Hatred

I'm aware of how much destruction difficulty adds, but does this mean that -135% lightning resist is the highest effecive pierce on normal mobs, or will -300% pierce even more?

as gekko said, monsters and bosses can only be dropped to -100 resist. the amount of pierce required to set them to -100 depends on the monster/difficulty/boss. -135 lightning will cap all monsters in destruction at -100 since no monster has above 35 lightning res. Some bosses (mostly the old heroics like QT, Kabraxis, DBaal, etc) can have up to 70, so -170 will be the cap for them.

excluding immunes, which can't be pierced without a skill that lowers their max resist (starfall on that ssu mace, mythal druid skill, spellbind zon skill, bane necro skill, phase bomb assassin skill, etc)
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
great response, thanks both of you
ppsh_41
Cultist
20 | 0
Im currently fighting Baal for the first time on Destruction and well you guys who know really knows how much of and asshole he is. I keep shooting him i'm playing traprat but he won't take any damage, is it something wrong with my build maybe? He doesent have any immunity
maner1050
Prowler
18 | 2
ppsh_41 wrote:Im currently fighting Baal for the first time on Destruction and well you guys who know really knows how much of and asshole he is. I keep shooting him i'm playing traprat but he won't take any damage, is it something wrong with my build maybe? He doesent have any immunity

He have like X5 hp and 40% avoid damage and you need to kill Visions to hurt him at all
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
do you guys think it's better to use a shield on a noctul sin or to duel wield?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mosamo wrote:do you guys think it's better to use a shield on a noctul sin or to duel wield?

shield for block since claw block doesn't work anymore, unless you're using offhand for something that gives a lot of sustain or dmg (pierce, leech, flat dmg, whatever else)
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does anyone know how duel wield mechanic work? Do you just attack with one weapon and then after that hit you attack with the other? Looked up about it on some old D2 forum but didn't get much information.