Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the hammertime proc doesn't appear because its melee range... all the hammers hit immediately. that sword is also pretty bad. missing a ton of max damage. roll for a better one. ed and proc is decent, rest is bad.

@eadan the 20% bonus per level comes from base points (hard points i.e.. you have 5/7 points actually in the skill vs putting 1 point in and having +4 all skills or something). soft points still give a little bit of damage, sure, but the big boost comes from investing hard points in to scale up the dmg quickly and then the soft points add a bit on top.
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Aero wrote:the hammertime proc doesn't appear because its melee range... all the hammers hit immediately. that sword is also pretty bad. missing a ton of max damage. roll for a better one. ed and proc is decent, rest is bad.

@eadan the 20% bonus per level comes from base points (hard points i.e.. you have 5/7 points actually in the skill vs putting 1 point in and having +4 all skills or something). soft points still give a little bit of damage, sure, but the big boost comes from investing hard points in to scale up the dmg quickly and then the soft points add a bit on top.

Edit:I tested it and you are right, thanks for the answer.
Asheara13
Skeleton
3 | 0
hello, do ladder characters have access to items/areas that non-ladder characters do not?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Asheara13 wrote:hello, do ladder characters have access to items/areas that non-ladder characters do not?

Yes, to exclusive ladder items. Areas are still the same deal for both, so no.
Asheara13
Skeleton
3 | 0
Prime_Evil wrote:
Asheara13 wrote:hello, do ladder characters have access to items/areas that non-ladder characters do not?

Yes, to exclusive ladder items. Areas are still the same deal for both, so no.

Thanks for the response, however I'm still a little confused. I can find only information about "Realm only" items, does that mean ladder only? Or just that you need to be online?

I just started and am trying to figure out if I should play online non-ladder or ladder, just curious to see what I'd be missing out on if I decided not to do ladder. For example, there's a pretty huge difference in availability of runewords for ladder characters in D2 vanilla, I was wondering if that was similar for median XL.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Asheara13 wrote: I just started and am trying to figure out if I should play online non-ladder or ladder, just curious to see what I'd be missing out on if I decided not to do ladder.

There is no reason to play non-ladder because your chars will become non-ladder at the end of the ladder anyway.

Asheara13 wrote:Well, there is a reason, I'm not too keen on having to start over every ~6 months.

There is no reason to play non-ladder because your chars will become non-ladder at the end of the ladder anyway.
Edited by cowking 5 years.
Asheara13
Skeleton
3 | 0
cowking wrote:There is no reason to play non-ladder because your chars will become non-ladder at the end of the ladder anyway.

Well, there is a reason, I'm not too keen on having to start over every ~6 months. However, if there are a number of items/runewords that I would be missing out on, I would consider doing it. So, do you know where I can find a list of items that are ladder only?
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
I'm trying to get the oskill mark of the wild on a sacred mammen axe. i already checked and I should be able to roll it since its ilvl 84 but for some reason I'm not getting any oskills to roll no matter what shrine i use. is there some easier way to get mark of the wild or does it no longer come as an oskill?
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
I am using iron spiral and I have 3 questions about it:

1- Does it do my total damage with the skill to all enemies it hits?

2- If I have "life stolen per hit" will I heal for the phyiscal damage I deal to my target or all the enemies hit by the skill?

3- Question 2 with "life on attack".
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I guess this si not the right place but if someone could help me with fauztinville in terror for Black road challenge
I try many time but don't success

online actually my IGN : sebneo

Thanks