Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
sebneo
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi

Did exist a DPS calculator for Median XL ?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
sebneo wrote:Hi

Did exist a DPS calculator for Median XL ?

No
Jasa93
Skeleton
3 | 0
I am unable to launch the .exe.

Getting a JavaScript Error for illegal operation on a directory. Any Tipps?

Tried with 1.14 Diablo and also with new installed 1.12 version. The installers were downloaded on battle.net. Run As set to Admin and WinXP/SP3
s7vn
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
is there a way to reroll rare jewels? thought it was with renewal but doesnt work lol
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
s7vn wrote:is there a way to reroll rare jewels? thought it was with renewal but doesnt work lol

you cant reroll rare items anymoar
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
s7vn wrote:is there a way to reroll rare jewels? thought it was with renewal but doesnt work lol

Crafted ones should be your aim at point when you will start thinking about using jewels, till that moment perfect gems are your 1st choice fillers.
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
I just started yesterday and read up on the level challenges. Is it possible to complete Tran Athulua on your first character with bad gear? I'm currently using a bowzon and it seems almost impossible. I'm thinking about making another character and grinding for a good set of gear before I start doing these challenges on level 50 characters.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I rushed a palyer and he did not get any xp from my kills. All requirements filled, ofc. He only got xp from his own kills . WTF? Tried cows, etc, nothing.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Sarcinda wrote:I just started yesterday and read up on the level challenges. Is it possible to complete Tran Athulua on your first character with bad gear? I'm currently using a bowzon and it seems almost impossible. I'm thinking about making another character and grinding for a good set of gear before I start doing these challenges on level 50 characters.

The things can feel hard at first but when you get to know with mechanics used with challenges and ubers then you can beat it even without good gear.

For your bowazon before trying Level Challenge One, I recommend using Act 5 mercenary (available after helping barbs from quest) with some basic runewords for him or even tiered uniques if you found any on your way. Get some non req magic or rare amulet/rings you had from first act and add mystic orbs with flat damage reduce, so multihitting will be no harm. With that you should be fine there, just let barb clean and spam projectiles from behind his back.

Welcome.

Ruubel wrote:I rushed a palyer and he did not get any xp from my kills. All requirements filled, ofc. He only got xp from his own kills . WTF? Tried cows, etc, nothing.

Hes under level 25 I guess.
Sarcinda
Cultist
20 | 1
Unda wrote:
Sarcinda wrote:I just started yesterday and read up on the level challenges. Is it possible to complete Tran Athulua on your first character with bad gear? I'm currently using a bowzon and it seems almost impossible. I'm thinking about making another character and grinding for a good set of gear before I start doing these challenges on level 50 characters.

The things can feel hard at first but when you get to know with mechanics used with challenges and ubers then you can beat it even without good gear.

For your bowazon before trying Level Challenge One, I recommend using Act 5 mercenary (available after helping barbs from quest) with some basic runewords for him or even tiered uniques if you found any on your way. Get some non req magic or rare amulet/rings you had from first act and add mystic orbs with flat damage reduce, so multihitting will be no harm. With that you should be fine there, just let barb clean and spam projectiles from behind his back.

Welcome.

Ruubel wrote:I rushed a palyer and he did not get any xp from my kills. All requirements filled, ofc. He only got xp from his own kills . WTF? Tried cows, etc, nothing.

Hes under level 25 I guess.

Alright I'll try to farm and get some arcane crystals so I can start making some tiered uniques and stuff before I try this again. When you say flat damage reduction, you mean stuff that says "Damage taken reduced by 30" instead of "Damage taken reduced by 30%" right? I'm guessing that's because of one of the mechanics you were talking about? Is there any good material I can read to get a better understanding of this quest and the strategies involved? I've tried searching youtube videos, but Median XL videos seem to be rare and out of date.