Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
toxen wrote:Got two questions.
1: Why is Solar Flare a targeted ability (meaning if you have it as your left click and you left click on a monster it casts Solar flare) and what are the chances if any of that changing?
2: I LOVE this game but I am curious if this will ever become a stand alone game where the developers have full control and can improve things like graphics and adding additional quests or side quests to MXL. (e.g. Dota and Warcraft 3) Will that ever happen?

Not sure about #1 but in regards to #2 my understanding is "Yes" the mods are working on something called "Sigma" which would be a stand along version of the game. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that one)

For info on Sigma there is a section of the forums dedicated to it.
tankua
Skeleton
3 | 1
I followed install instructions to use D2SE to run median. I am able to run it in windowed mode but I would rather run in full screen. I get an error when I do though:

Unhandled Exception:
INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (c00000094)

Any help?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
tankua wrote:I followed install instructions to use D2SE to run median. I am able to run it in windowed mode but I would rather run in full screen. I get an error when I do though:

Unhandled Exception:
INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO (c00000094)

Any help?

Full screen gives problems to many people, u can try changing video mode and see if that works
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Playing a Melee Necro with Dagger+Shield and finally farmed a Sha'ad to make Mkodos; so now need to increase chance to block...I'm not sure what the factors are that influence it though...any help would be much appreciated :)
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Chris_Kush wrote:Playing a Melee Necro with Dagger+Shield and finally farmed a Sha'ad to make Mkodos; so now need to increase chance to block...I'm not sure what the factors are that influence it though...any help would be much appreciated :)

max block chance is based off your base block chance + dex, the higher base block you have the less dex you need.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Is it affected by Faster Block Rate?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Nope. Block rate determines how long it takes for your character to recover from a hit. During the recovery you can't attack, teleport etc. Duration is measured in frames and there are 25 frames per second. You can find the fbr break points in the speed calc (tools section).

Like Helzo said before, increased block chance on items will help the most. Its typically found on shields and occasionally on weapons/helms.
Chris_Kush
Heretic
444 | 16
Many thanks!!...just wanted to check, then how does Faster Hit Recovery differ from Faster Block Rate?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Chris_Kush wrote:Many thanks!!...just wanted to check, then how does Faster Hit Recovery differ from Faster Block Rate?

When you get hit - hit recovery animation.

When you block - block animation

Morphs don't have a block animation, they use the hit recovery speed/animation for blocking.

1 frame = 0.04 seconds

The difference between a 12 frame hit recovery and a 3 frame hit recovery should be obvious - 0.36 seconds. This is a great improvement for your survivability. To get the right values press Game in the header, then tools, then speed calculator. (Here https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php)
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Yeah what nitz said mostly. Speed calc lists Deathlord, Werewolf and Diablo as having block animations though. I don't really play any of them so I can't confirm.