Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sprow wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Aero wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Hey guys, been trying Astro with a few of my builds but most are pretty heavily geared towards a.o.e.

What would be the best build to do Astro reliably/efficiently? I've done most other ubers so this is really one of those that I want to finish.

Any caster with nuke damage and high spell/pierce. What are you working with

Okay, so maybe a caster druid or sorc would be good to use. I have been playing with: javazon, fortressbarb, deathgaze barb, summoner barb, harbinger wolf, treewarden, summoner nec, holy melee pally.

So no casters so far. Good mention, because now that I see the list of playstyles I see I should develop experience with a caster. By the way, I've been farming for a while now so I probably have a decent amount of gear to make one off the bat. I can respec my harbinger wolf druid or raise a sorc.

Also, I have almost every set complete except for the community set, laz, and caoi dulra and the one with avalanche. And then there is one set that I haven't found any piece from yet so far.

I'll look into the caster druids but if you or anyone else knows a good caster boss killer setup I am willing to try it for the experience.

you can try holy caster

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19300

Ah, totally not what I expected :)

I'll look into this, thanks! Looks pretty good even thoug there is a cut in the Astro fight so I wonder how long it really took ;)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Was gonna say, nearly all of your builds are farming, brute force builds, so yea I can see how you'd struggle there.
thedethwalker
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello, excuse me if this question has been asked before or if I didn't read the documentation well enough, but the last time I played MXL I remember that there was a Level Challenge 0 at lvl 5 where you had to run in circles around a demon who was shooting an electric laser and was rotating or something like that. Has it been removed?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , it was removed
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So, poison damage question... (I can feel the eyes rolling).
I'm familiar with how it works ("poison damaged explained" (by LazBro) was like 9 years ago or something), but I'd just like to clear something up.
This regards passive type poison, not active.

If I have a big damage/short duration passive (weapon) poison source, and I add some low damage/long duration, we all know that = profit.
However, the whole average duration thing seems to go out the window with more than 2 sources.

For example:
100 over 2 sec = 200
100 over 2 sec + 1 over 10 sec = 606. 101 per sec for 6 seconds (12/2)
100 over 2 sec + 1 over 10 sec + 1 over 10 sec = 748. 102 per sec for 7.33 seconds (22/3)

Assuming I am understanding this properly, tooltip/statsheet damage often goes down when equipping new gear, that in practice does a lot more damage.

So finally, the short question:

Should I just ignore tooltip/statsheet damage when playing poison characters, and solely evaluate different gear selection by just going and hitting something and watch it die?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
It‘s also called lcs (lying character sheet) so yeah, don‘t trust the damage shown in the stats window. Hit something and watch the damage.
prejudyce
Destroyer
7 | 0
Where is the entrance to gather the set to use in killing for Valthek?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
prejudyce wrote:Where is the entrance to gather the set to use in killing for Valthek?

There are two entrances for Yshari Sanctum now.

Yshari Sanctum -- Valthek fight area, center of Caldeum
Spectre of Hatred -- World 1, Mephisto's Area of Yshari Sanctum, which is where you travel the mazes of each world and gather the set pieces, found to the left of Yshari sanctum entrance
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@Knight_Saber and Hecht, Page 2 on D2Stats has a poison damage to weapon/second tab, calculated properly if you want to check your real poison DPS with weapon damage.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thanks guys.
One more question, and I should explain why I'm on this line of questioning.

I'm on a nostalgia buzz, and have been trying to recreate builds I played back in Median08, this one is the snake stance/thunder slam barb.

The weapon slot is so open to choice, as all the damage is from poison.
I was trying Calypso RW (ix in a hammer), as I thought glacial novas all over the place with long poison would be epic.
But things don't freeze (or rarely).
Is there something I can do (without taking over 9000 MO/gear slots) to make it useful, or do I just switch to a different weapon?

If so, what to use?
Urada has always looked like fun to me, and I've never tried it. Necrobot reanimates must be absurd.