Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Whyred wrote:So I had a weapon with 199 ed % and I MO'ed it with ed % which made it 200 % not 214. I then socketed a jah rune which made it 215 % ed?!
Can someone show me where I can read about these limitations cause it doesn't seem logical to me.
the %ED cap is 200% .

in order to go above 200% you must MO before creating the RW or socket %ED runes/perfect skulls in case it is a non -rw item .

if the cap is 200% how do you expect to go above that by mo'ing , since it's not a RW-d ?

you had 199% ED , the MO took the ED to the cap of 200%ED since it could not go above. it's nothing ilogical there . the Jah rune then boosted the ED to 215

you just wasted a MO space on that item , that's all
Whyred
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Whyred wrote:So I had a weapon with 199 ed % and I MO'ed it with ed % which made it 200 % not 214. I then socketed a jah rune which made it 215 % ed?!
Can someone show me where I can read about these limitations cause it doesn't seem logical to me.
the %ED cap is 200% .

in order to go above 200% you must MO before creating the RW or socket %ED runes/perfect skulls in case it is a non -rw item .

if the cap is 200% how do you expect to go above that by mo'ing , since it's not a RW-d ?

you had 199% ED , the MO took the ED to the cap of 200%ED since it could not go above. it's nothing ilogical there . the Jah rune then boosted the ED to 215

you just wasted a MO space on that item , that's all

I was not aware of a 200 % cap, from my memory regular Diablo LOD did not have a cap. I just found it odd you could bypass the cap with runes like jah but not with MO's.
I did it in a unique item - but I get your point about MO'ing before applying the runes for a RW, that makes sense.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1904 | 48
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
when median was invented the %ED cap was set to 350% . it was lowered to 200% just a few patches ago .
Whyred
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ah okay.
ixvid_
Rust Claw
88 | -2
How I can complete trial on mount arreat ? Since book of summoning is removed, how to open this "dark portal"?
Whyred
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ixvid_ wrote:How I can complete trial on mount arreat ? Since book of summoning is removed, how to open this "dark portal"?

It's still here. The Summoner drops it in destruction (Act 2, Arcane Sanctuary).
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1904 | 48
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
ixvid_ wrote:How I can complete trial on mount arreat ? Since book of summoning is removed, how to open this "dark portal"?
you need to get the "Dark Tome" droped by The Summoner in act 2 destruction . Cube the tome with your class charm and you gain acces to the Dark portal skill .

go back to mount Arreat on terror , kill Talic , then you will get a red swirl above your head (you only need to kill him to get the red swirl , not all 3 ancients) . During this swirl duration , you may use Dark Portal . enter the portal and kill Koth . the red portal stays opened untill you save&exit

good luck !
ixvid_
Rust Claw
88 | -2
yeah I get it now, but since the changes from 1.3 patch, the summoner drops this "dark tome" only on destruction? That is a little upset for me, because I was always putting myself a goal to finish BRC till I hit 120 and before entering destruction ... now it seems to impossible, because you cannot obtaion this "dark tome" on terror right? Well I just make myself a mule with 10 of them. (use my different char, kill the sumonner, get the tome and use share stash to collect it with mule, crt c, ctrl v) Its dupping, I know, but I have no regrets.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1904 | 48
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
yes , i find that unusual too , i also don't think it's very normal to have to go to another difficutly for it as all the trials (except the one of greed) must happen in terror , but that's how it goes (at least for now , maby it will be changed in future patches) .
ixvid_
Rust Claw
88 | -2
On terror the summoner should at least has 33% chance (or 50%) to drop this dark tome, why 100% on destruction.