Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
cowking
Daystar
656 | 62
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there some trick to force the game to sync on tsw? I'm trying to do ureh but every time I reach juris khan the game desyncs so bad it becomes impossible. If I make a tp, it appears like 2 screens away from me. If I hit the boss, he doesn't take damage because the game thinks I'm 100 yards away.
Pub
Cog
208 | 8
"Gloves: keep honorific gloves, add MO's with -enemy poison resist if needed (but be careful not going over -100 Smile )"

source - http://www.medianxl.com/t6326-xiv-xv-pouncezon

Is there a particular reason as to why I should avoid going above -100 enemy poison res?
suchbalance
Team Member
1679 | 395
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
cowking wrote:Is there some trick to force the game to sync on tsw? I'm trying to do ureh but every time I reach juris khan the game desyncs so bad it becomes impossible. If I make a tp, it appears like 2 screens away from me. If I hit the boss, he doesn't take damage because the game thinks I'm 100 yards away.

Teleporting resyncs. To prevent desyncs there avoid running through the "zero-collision" zombies. Whenever you are near a zombie pack go around and if on the bridge teleport.

Pub wrote:"Gloves: keep honorific gloves, add MO's with -enemy poison resist if needed (but be careful not going over -100 Smile )"

source - http://www.medianxl.com/t6326-xiv-xv-pouncezon

Is there a particular reason as to why I should avoid going above -100 enemy poison res?

The majority of the enemies in the game have either 0 or 100% poison resistance. If they have 100% then the "- enemy poison resist" stat will be useless as the mobs are immune. If they have 0 you can enhance the damage of your Curare uberskill by reducing the enemy resistance up to the -100% cap (when they will take double damage and also you get double poison duration afaik). Enemy resistances cannot be reduced below -100%.
cowking
Daystar
656 | 62
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
-100 is the max negative resist.

Only mobs that aren't immune to poison and have above 0 poison res are heroic shield bosses, and there are only a few of them that actually drop poison res (rodeo, belial, dbaal iirc).

suchbalance wrote:Teleporting resyncs. To prevent desyncs there avoid running through the "zero-collision" zombies. Whenever you are near a zombie pack go around and if on the bridge teleport.

Well that explains it, I was running through zombies with sacred armor.
Rotsman
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
What are some of the best weapon choices for unholy caster paladin? Is it still a rare staff as explained in the old guide?
Gain1
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
Thanks cowking :).

New question/problem: Valthek (Yshari Sanctum) doesn't spawn godsmen. Is there any way to fix that? I got both sets equiped but can't use the spells because there are no godsmen spawned. Valthek only casts his fire, lightning and blink spells...
GregMXL
Team Member
10552 | 163
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Rotsman wrote:What are some of the best weapon choices for unholy caster paladin? Is it still a rare staff as explained in the old guide?

SU War Staff is an excellent option too. Crafts will help you with heroics. Focusing on one specific spell damage and getting it as high as possible along with enemy resists is usually where crafts can do wonders.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
Food
Core Lord
393 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
How to mule? When I use D2SE to open another D2 instance and click on TSW button i get this error
► Show Spoiler

Only on the second D2 instance though.
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1940 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
try copypasting this under the [Protected] section of the D2SE.ini file in your root diablo 2 folder:

#TSW
RealmGateway=37.221.195.51
RealmTimezone=2
RealmGatewayName=The Sin War 2
RealmSelected=The Sin War 2
RealmPort=4000

it will still say gateway:none but when you click on it it should work

you might also need to run the registry file available on the sin war 2 website ( google it )
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6301 | 89
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
]DId you use the server registry? I had the same problem and fixed it with registry file.[/color]
Edited by Pinball 1 year.