Old version skill reset

Discuss Median XL!
CountDabula
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I'm playing an older version of median, with diablo 2 1.12
I clicked the wrong uber skill on purpose just to test it and reset it, BUT
The recipe to create a belladonna elixir works, but I can't drink the elixer I made
I'm playing in terror difficulty, and akara won't reset my skills even after completing her quest.
I can't remember if hatred difficulty gave me the option, but if that is my ONLY reroll, Idk what to do.

I'm scared to patch because I don't want my level challenge items to get messed up, I cubed all 3 of the elemental soulstones with tp/id scrolls and they all have their level challenge bonus, plus I'm level 90 now and I've completed the ennead challenge, level challenge #2, and the first two minigames.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to do here? Is there any way for me to reset my skills without patching?
is there any safe way to patch without destroying my items? I really dont want this character I've spent so much time on to be ruined. :(
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
► Show Spoiler

Seem like you respec wont work for 1.12, you have to use kambala's median tool to respec.

EDITED: Here the link to the tools : viewtopic.php?f=40&t=342&hilit=kambala+median+tool
CountDabula
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I dont think that tool works for my version, is there any other way I can do this?
Is there any way to patch to 1.13 and then revert after I drink my belladonna elixir?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If you can create a belladonna elixier the patch must be working on 1.13 as well. I'd say reinstall the normal game, patch to 1.13 and then insert median of this version. The you should be able to use the belladonna recipe.
Anhe1
Acid Prince
47 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Median XL offline tools program? I'm not sure does it works in 1.12 but you can try it. Look for it in download section on forum
evil_potato
Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
plugy should work iirc.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
plugy cant reset skill, even if you manage to make it work, it will bugged out and return thousand of skill points because of weird median skill formulae.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I recommend patching to 1.13c and staying on that version.. (unless you really want multi res that badly) patching to 1.13 should be fine and nothing will happen to your saves from what I know. But patching back and forth I don't know.. anyway you can just try it, make a backup of your saves, patch game, respec, downgrade to 1.12, if it works - nice, if no - stay at 1.13c or downgrade and restore save files from the backup you've made, but then you can only respec with offline tools if it even works on 1.12
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For really old MXL versions you still can use Grig's online tools: http://grig.vlexofree.com/