Big D2SE problem

Discuss Median XL!
vaughntylera
Destroyer
6 | 0
So whenever I start D2SE since downloading median, it just auto starts 1.13c vanilla... Not sure why. I tried running as admin with no change. I ran sandboxed and it worked properly but I can't save files that way.
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6492 | 221
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
vaughntylera wrote:So whenever I start D2SE since downloading median, it just auto starts 1.13c vanilla... Not sure why. I tried running as admin with no change. I ran sandboxed and it worked properly but I can't save files that way.

Did you select the median option in the D2SE startup or did you select the 1.13c vanilla patch? There should be a list of all the patches you have, and lets you click to choose which you wanna play.
vaughntylera
Destroyer
6 | 0
L H wrote:
vaughntylera wrote:So whenever I start D2SE since downloading median, it just auto starts 1.13c vanilla... Not sure why. I tried running as admin with no change. I ran sandboxed and it worked properly but I can't save files that way.

Did you select the median option in the D2SE startup or did you select the 1.13c vanilla patch? There should be a list of all the patches you have, and lets you click to choose which you wanna play.

I double clicked D2SE and it just starts up 1.13c without an option. The list isn't shown.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1714 | 107
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
vaughntylera wrote:
L H wrote:

I double clicked D2SE and it just starts up 1.13c without an option. The list isn't shown.

Did you try launching D2SE in admin mode?
vaughntylera
Destroyer
6 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
vaughntylera wrote:
L H wrote:

Did you try launching D2SE in admin mode?

Yes it does the same thing
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6492 | 221
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Your D2SE isn't running properly then. It should pop up with a menu similar to the one you see in the Tools page here:

https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php

Each patch in your patch folder in the d2se directory will appear as its own button. MXL should have one that pops up once you place the patch properly.

Have you tried just using the launcher?
vaughntylera
Destroyer
6 | 0
It used to work fine before, I have tons of mods on D2SE, once I put median 2017 it started acting up. I may have to reinstall?
suchbalance
Amazon Warrior
1676 | 395
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active forum collaborator / developer
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
D2SE requires additional files to run median, which you must place in the median mod folder, which are linked in the readme of the 2017 archive.
OnlyForFun
Gravedigger
186 | 13
-------------------------------------
/// Installation
-------------------------------------

Copy all files and paste them in your Diablo II directory.
If you use D2SE Modmanager, download this: https://get.median-xl.com/d2se.zip

That's it!

put those files to mod folder)
vaughntylera
Destroyer
6 | 0
Yeah I did all that. I dont think it has anything to do with median, it's d2se not working properly. I'll reinstall d2se today