M2017 1.1 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
phoenixapple
Skeleton
3 | 0
can confirm symbol of esu isnt working as described. tested under several conditions. seems to be a pure bug. even when in a completely safe area under no de-buffs using a symbol will often fail to heal. there goes our panic all treat. very frustrating.
Alejandro131
Imp
5 | 0
Even with the increased drop rates, Jitan and Khalimgrad charms are impossible to get with bad RNG. If you just want them to not drop every time, make them drop tokens/parts for a charm always so that when you combine 4 for Jitan and 9 for Khalimgrad in the cube you get the charm.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Torajan Jungles is like a Botox-therapy at the beauty doc....a small potion will be fine, too much will make an ugly mask....and THIS is too much :-8
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's too early to write post about first impressions, but I have to agree with others about Torajan Jungles, the fact that red portal to k3k is right outside entrance is fine with me and I was hopingexpecting same situation with Legacy of Blood and Akarat.
Despite the fact I'm not that strong, when I discoverred I have to go quite long distance to get there I was like 'omg what have you done?' I got both charms, but I find problematic farming for trophies when two relatively easy Ubers are placed in two opposite corners of huge jungle. At this point Im willing to pay for these trophies (wishful thinking :lol: ) and forget whole thing.

ps. Caldeum looks nice.
Vessalax
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
notforkeeps wrote:
Vessalax wrote:Image
Shark and Dawn Runewords respectively.

Update to version 1.1.2 vessalax.

Thanks, I updated and it's now fixed.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Jampula wrote:Palas Colosseum debuff ring seems to most of the time appear on your feet, not under the mob you are teleporting to. I remember this being an issue several patches ago but IIRC it was fixed and worked correctly last season.

It's not really a bug but rather a combination of Blizzard's terrible code in terms of syncing, and network latency when playing multiplayer. Chances are you would never see this issue occur in single player, and the occurrence of it is completely random when playing multiplayer. It is much more likely to happen now, in the early start of a new ladder, since the servers are loaded with tons of players and the latency is at it's peak.

What actually happens is, the player's position is not updated before the missile that creates the nova is created. This missile uses the player's position as it's base position, so the missile ends up being created at your starting position. The teleport skill function was never really meant to create missiles in the first place, so it's kind of a punishment for using something in an unintended way.

In MXLS, a dedicated skill function will be added, that will use the target point as the base position to create the missile, so that even if the player's position hasn't been updated yet, it will still create the nova in the correct location. But meanwhile, this cannot really be fixed. One thing you can do to get around the issue is getting closer to the monster(s) before casting the skill so that they're still in the created nova, or luring them in, or even, playing when there's less network traffic going on.

Note: not entirely sure whether the issue is server or client sided. would be worth testing if the effects are still applied on server's side even though the monsters do not visually seem to be affected (ie, are they still taking damage?)
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
whist wrote:
Jampula wrote:Palas Colosseum debuff ring seems to most of the time appear on your feet, not under the mob you are teleporting to. I remember this being an issue several patches ago but IIRC it was fixed and worked correctly last season.

It's not really a bug but rather a combination of Blizzard's terrible code in terms of syncing, and network latency when playing multiplayer. Chances are you would never see this issue occur in single player, and the occurrence of it is completely random when playing multiplayer. It is much more likely to happen now, in the early start of a new ladder, since the servers are loaded with tons of players and the latency is at it's peak.

What actually happens is, the player's position is not updated before the missile that creates the nova is created. This missile uses the player's position as it's base position, so the missile ends up being created at your starting position. The teleport skill function was never really meant to create missiles in the first place, so it's kind of a punishment for using something in an unintended way.

In MXLS, a dedicated skill function will be added, that will use the target point as the base position to create the missile, so that even if the player's position hasn't been updated yet, it will still create the nova in the correct location. But meanwhile, this cannot really be fixed. One thing you can do to get around the issue is getting closer to the monster(s) before casting the skill so that they're still in the created nova, or luring them in, or even, playing when there's less network traffic going on.

Note: not entirely sure whether the issue is server or client sided. would be worth testing if the effects are still applied on server's side even though the monsters do not visually seem to be affected (ie, are they still taking damage?)

I believe that I tested this last ladder. Colosseum ring triggers at feet rather than location pouncing to, however the effects of colosseum appear to be applied correctly to the location you jump to. Appears to only be a visual bug. Same thing happens for me when I play a pounce zon.

Playing in single player, skills work as intended (mechanically and visually).
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Awesome, so people can stop qqing now. :D

Cookie.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Drakks
Invader
8 | 0
Don't know if this is a huge bug, but I found a great rune (Qor) in terror Fauzt. Was this an intended change or just a small bug in the drops?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nice to get a detailed answer for Colosseum. +1

Baal is very confusing now. I have mainly started high dps builds this season and I just go in and hope for the best without having a clue what's happening in the battlefield... maybe tune down the teleporting?