Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
aerial wrote:Another thing is, if you interview people on the street, who played d2, and ask them a question, what is most disliked area in the game they hate going through. I'm sure most will point at act 3 jungle. Everyone knows it, everyones been saying this since beginning of d2. Why on earth make it one of main themes of the game, where entrances to several areas are located in that hated jungle, then another huge uber linked to it is jungle as well :)

Well, as someone who disliked a3 ever since playing, I have to say something:

I mainly disliked a3 not because I had to walk so far. I disliked it because there is no specific way to go and because there are many dead ends. You may miss the spider cavern and then have to turn back to search for it just because you need that Khalim's eye. Then you finally have it, enter the next area only to notice that this one doesn't have a way to get to the flayer jungle. So you turn back again to the spider forest and look for the way to the flayer jungle. (That issue was solved though due to the implemented map reveal. )

It's those dead ends that were annoying and time consuming because you had to go all the way back, not fighting anything at all.

And that's what makes the Toajan Jungle a bit messy as well. If you don't know where the ubers are, you're bound to explore the whole area to see for yourself where you need to go. And especially in the northern part there are lots of dead ends.
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FAUZTINVILLE
Fauztinville on Destruction difficulty is the only place where you can find the following three Great Runes.

Find Ghal rune on terror difficulty
Wrong description or bug

Guhzeri
Imp
4 | 0
im having problems with gs 20 (brazil server)

i cant make or join games in gs 20 with my lvl 120 characters

but if i make a new character or enter in a mule lvl 1 it works just fine..
but when i try to join with a 120 character also get failed

i think is a problem in that gs
annihilus5
Cog
249 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Just some feedback. Last ladder I think you guys made a great change with unformed land overhaul. Having a bunch of levels to farm specifically for the elemental rune you need, with a fair droprate and density. Now this ladder you took a dump on that and don't want people to have ele runes. :clap:
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
There are 2 different groups of people who complain about unformed land. One of them liked how it was last patch. The others complained how boring it felt to farm the old zone, how easy it was and how much they liked having all of them on one level.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
annihilus5
Cog
249 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
suchbalance wrote:There are 2 different groups of people who complain about unformed land. One of them liked how it was last patch. The others complained how boring it felt to farm the old zone, how easy it was and how much they liked having all of them on one level.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Even if there aren't separate levels for the type of ele stones. The drop rate seems awful I think everyone agree's. I challenge you to find one person who likes this drop rate now in teganze.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
annihilus5 wrote:Even if there aren't separate levels for the type of ele stones. The drop rate seems awful I think everyone agree's. I challenge you to find one person who likes this drop rate now in teganze.

I can't comment on the drops since I had no part in the drops rework, but if your complaint was about the %chance to get an essence then you should have said that in the first place so we can look into it, rather than what you wrote.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
suchbalance wrote:how much they liked having all of them on one level.

hm. I don't remember anyone saying that tbh. Boring? Yes. Easy? Yes. But having them all in one level is kinda bad, because you can't farm a specific elemental rune that you need. Now you just have to go with what RNG choses for you.

But then again... I don't have my eyes everywhere :)
annihilus5
Cog
249 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
I did mention in my first post previous ladder has a "fair drop rate and density"
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
annihilus5 wrote:The drop rate seems awful I think everyone agree's. I challenge you to find one person who likes this drop rate now in teganze.

In the last two days I found more set-pieces as essences+runestones in Teganze, 14:7....and yes, I call this awful :-8