Uldyssian Fight

Discuss Median XL!
Darkquake
Skeleton
2 | 0
So I play single player and this is my first time through median and I love it, it's heaps of fun with amazing end game so far. Today though I spent 3 hours fighting Uldyssian. My god that fight took forever. Personally I think it too way to long and was more frustrating than fun for a few reasons.

1. Can only be hurt by purify. At first I didn't even think it hurt him. His HP is so high that it didn't make a dent in the bar which led me astray for a good 10 mins trying to find other tricks until I went and looked it up online.
2. His Invincibility shield. I THINK that's how it works, could be wrong. Basically 90% of the fight he has a glowing beam on him meaning that even purify doesn't hurt him. A minimum cast time on this would be a dream come true. Between purify's cast time/travel time and him being able to instantly refresh his shield you get a hit in once every second or third cast.
3. His AI. I've noticed this with a few other bosses as well, but they have a different AI compared to vanilla where at about 30% hp they try and run away from the fight. This means you spend 80% of the time chasing him into corners of the arena(which is huge) all while trying to kill the ADS and hitting him. Who again completely out runs purify.

Was fun for the first 30 minutes, working things out, learning the skills. After that just frustrating. Would love to see this changed somehow so there was some chance of me going back to farm the drop.

Love median overall though. Fantastic mod. Maybe I just missed something that gives purify 5k instead of 250 dmg :?

Edit: Spelling.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
1.) He is a purify uber. That's the point. He has 50% avoid, so you have to make sure you're applying Open Wounds with weapon damage and then hope your purify isn't avoided and he will slowly degenerate as you keep hitting purify/ow.
2.) He puts the shield up when you're too close to him.
3.) Use slow target. You can get up to 50% slow on him.
Darkquake
Skeleton
2 | 0
1. How does open wounds work on him exactly? I read he was a purify yeah but assur is as well and he didn't tkae a crazy amount of hits, if anything the fight was pretty cool because of it.
2. Does purify work threw the shield? Or are you meant to just yolo it and hope it hit him across the map?
3. That would help still feel like he'd easily outrun it though?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Darkquake wrote:1. How does open wounds work on him exactly? I read he was a purify yeah but assur is as well and he didn't tkae a crazy amount of hits, if anything the fight was pretty cool because of it.
2. Does purify work threw the shield? Or are you meant to just yolo it and hope it hit him across the map?
3. That would help still feel like he'd easily outrun it though?

1.) Hit him with weapon damage and you might see him start to bleed. That lasts for 8 seconds or as long as you keep it on (depending on how frequently you actually hit him with his avoid and your attack rating, etc)
2.) His light beam signifies his shield is up. its 100% avoid. You need to move farther back and he will drop it after a few seconds, and will keep it down til you get close to him again. you'll need a ranged weapon damage attack.
3.) 50% slow is very significant.