Carnage or Parasite (Melee Necro)

Discuss Median XL!
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hi guys, back with new character, i want your opinion, as i remember the last version of MedianXL the only build with melee necro is with Parasite, but i saw some videos of necro with a base building with carnage (the first skill in melee tree), i want to know the good and bad points in a carnage build or a parasite build, i really like parasite but i don't know if it get nerf or something, i'm waiting for your opinion

PD: Is it worth pestilence with melee build? ...
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Eltrius wrote:i remember the last version of MedianXL the only build with melee necro is with Parasite
you remember wrong . there was a massacre(now carnage) build there since 2010 , constantly updated . search the guides section
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
So Carnage or Parasite?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
they are different builds , both as good . pick one and play it
Jeffshadows04
Thunder Beetle
57 | 0
Dreamhunter wrote:So Carnage or Parasite?

as of me, im using parasite coz of the more range it gives and pestilence tho
nico27
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Actually, since Carnage only gains attack rating with levels, it's a 1-hard-point skill and can be combined with Parasite in the same build. I'm playing a solo melee necro in SP, already got 20 charms by playing with maxed Parasite for mobs and Carnage for single targets. I guess you could also make a build purely based on Carnage, probably spending the free points from Parasite in Dragonfire Oil (which I'm playing with 1 point) and relying on procs like crucify for life leech if you can get it (from rathma set for example, which btw I still can't find the damn boots to complete it), but I don't really think you would be better off in many scenarios with that setup.
The other build that was possible with massacre which was based exclusively on procs and spell dmg (with maxed shadows - now skeletal flayers) I don't really know if still works because carnage is not a faster way to trigger hits like massacre was.
Finally, about pestilence, I used it maxed all throughout the early and mid game and highly recommend it. Recently, as I got +max skills from charms and also a nice Hive Oskill from a unique amulet to replace it, I decided to respec out of it.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
here's a link for the Carnage melee necro (no.21) viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491#link21
GodofMagic
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:here's a link for the Carnage melee necro (no.21) viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491#link21

Was getting ready to build this.

Doesn't carnage multi-hit, a lot? If so wouldn't the flat damage from Dragonfire Oil be really good. Or elemental damage in general? Plus, CB?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I am not sure you have red the skillplan and gearing before asking that question
GodofMagic
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:I am not sure you have red the skillplan and gearing before asking that question

I did.

No mention of its mutli-hitting nature. In the skill plan you have dragonfire oil used but at the endgame you respect into no points into it. So it is only usable before endgame? I have DFT currently maxed at it seems to carry some good tri-elemental damage with it. Is it not enough to consider?

It also says to max pestilence. Is the synergy bonus why? Does it really add more damage than DFT + dragonfire oil would?