M17 1.1.3 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
soundee
Invader
8 | 0
Has anybody else been able to confirm an Edyrem Key or a great rune drop from Morlus in this patch? Farmed Lilith's infinite spawn of Morlu for 2+ hours on p8 with neither of those dropping, even though I had 3 Edyrem Keys drop from another map on only p1 (mainly fighting archers). Seems kinda fishy that I'm sprite overflowing and having my game freeze just from the amount of items on the ground and there's no great rune or Edyrem Key drops from Morlus.

Also what happened to the 1.1 changes for Toraja: "Archers are now goatmen, quest boss is now Zagraal" ? I'm seeing rogue archers and Lilith still.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
expansionstring.tbl:5661 "mon_timetravel" "Use Edyrems to Trave Back in Time"
eet
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anyone else having trouble hitting laz totems with projectile spells? They were sometimes buggy before, but now it seems 1 out of 4 are invulnerable to ranged spells. It even shows the totem being hit animation and the totems quake spell is triggered. They will always die to melee hits and spells with no projectiles. Slows down the clean up quite a bit.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
When fighting Baal if he summons Vision of Diablo and you allmost killed it you get a crash. Happened to me 3 times in a row. Internal error and c0000005.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
villur wrote:
► Show Spoiler

How's your attack speed, max poison res and leech? For leveling game you should also have a minimum of 5 FHR (preferably 4).

Also are you using both crucify and barrier strike? Your damage and leech will suck if you use backstab, it's a single target skill after all.

I would imagine torajan jungles being complete cancer though (unless you can dodge the axes by blinking on top), since I'm playing a bowa with 12k hp + 50% dr and I still get one shot occasionally.

Also the spec is weakest midgame (being paper against bosses without ~max block wych/broadside switch thus forcing grinding nihlathak for sigs and tfauzt for shrines to get a decent nagi), and MXL 2017 basically made it weaker mid and stronger endgame.

It's probably too much grind for most players to handle without abusing trade.

soundee wrote:Has anybody else been able to confirm an Edyrem Key or a great rune drop from Morlus in this patch? Farmed Lilith's infinite spawn of Morlu for 2+ hours on p8 with neither of those dropping, even though I had 3 Edyrem Keys drop from another map on only p1 (mainly fighting archers). Seems kinda fishy that I'm sprite overflowing and having my game freeze just from the amount of items on the ground and there's no great rune or Edyrem Key drops from Morlus.

Also what happened to the 1.1 changes for Toraja: "Archers are now goatmen, quest boss is now Zagraal" ? I'm seeing rogue archers and Lilith still.

Been farming morlu something like 3-4 hours, no gr drop yet.

Just got auhe from a normal morlu in the level, wasn't spawned by lilith (but I doubt there's a difference).
Edited by cowking 6 years.
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
cowking wrote:
villur wrote:
► Show Spoiler

How's your attack speed, max poison res and leech? For leveling game you should also have a minimum of 5 FHR (preferably 4).

Also are you using both crucify and barrier strike? Your damage and leech will suck if you use backstab, it's a single target skill after all.

I would imagine torajan jungles being complete cancer though (unless you can dodge the axes by blinking on top), since I'm playing a bowa with 12k hp + 50% dr and I still get one shot occasionally.

Also the spec is weakest midgame (being paper against bosses without ~max block wych/broadside switch thus forcing grinding nihlathak for sigs and tfauzt for shrines to get a decent nagi), and MXL 2017 basically made it weaker mid and stronger endgame. I would imagine you now need to get yourself to a position to comfortably farm to lvl 121 for access to kab runewords.

It's probably too much grind for most players to handle without abusing trade.

Well i didn't think hitting breakpoints would be required while leveling as it isn't with any other class(atleast I haven't had the need to hit them before 120) and no I wasn't using backstab. I was keeping up shadow refuge, bloodbath and using barrier strike for aoe and crucify for single-target with broadside on switch. But i didn't die to fhr lock, I just got totally destroyed by regular hits, both ranged and melee. The spec feels as squishy as bowzon but without the huge lifepool from paragon and range advantage from wyrmshot and barrage kiting. I actually switched to bowzon after giving up on the assassin and I was amazed how much of a struggle the assassin leveling was compared to bowzon.
Felnah
Prowler
19 | 0
I can share the sentiment of squishiness from the aspect of a javazon. Though for me it's more a problem of killing before I'm killed. It's especially punishing now that a lot of charms are hidden deep within places that are a complete pain in the ass to grind through without at the least decent gear. I can't even kill the treewarden-looking things in Torajan Jungle due to hit rating, and if I'm not vigilant the slams will just outright kill me whenever I get in range with lower than like 2.5k hp.

I've been trying to get to Rathma Square in hopes of getting a good Spirit Trance Herb to help with AR, but going through the Triune is pretty much impossible.

That said, my gear isn't great. And crafting in median is a no go for me, the 8 actual manhours I've put into crafting in the past has yielded me one single usable item. I guess that's just my luck though.

I like M2017 in general, but a few things make the experience less enjoyable than Ultimative, the main thing for me being attack speed. Everything feels super sluggish compared to before and it's not as satisfying imo, and unless I've derped when using the speedcalc I should be at max AS. I also feel like necro especially got kind of gutted, granted it was a super strong class, so I suppose it's justified in the end.

With that said, the good outweighs the bad in the end, but slow midgame for a lot of characters (especially now that charms are significantly harder to get to.) makes me more inclined to put the game down than keep on trucking.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Felnah wrote:I've been trying to get to Rathma Square in hopes of getting a good Spirit Trance Herb to help with AR, but going through the Triune is pretty much impossible.

Don't go through Triune then? Go into Bastion of the Triune, go to far left entrance. Rathma Square staircase is literally right inside there
toxen
Vampiress
36 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I have two bugs to report. If you die while in the middle of an Angel of Death leap, your body goes back to town but it doesn't show that you died and the screen doesn't pop up that you died and you can't get hurt or target things, so you just walk around unable to do anything. (has happened twice and only in Cathedral of Vanity). Second is that sometimes after you die and you press esc, It sometimes just closes the program instead of re-spawning you. Otherwise, great job!!!
ZeroForte
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Minor typo: showing "go to level 2" (should be level 3) despite being on level 2 in countess tower