Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Halve the max number of minions for summoner necro and buff them accordingly, this will take care of the excessive visual clutter and help in plentiful of situations where they're nothing more than meat shields
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiemLux wrote:Halve the max number of minions for summoner necro and buff them accordingly, this will take care of the excessive visual clutter and help in plentiful of situations where they're nothing more than meat shields

It was already reduced from 15 flayers and lamia to 9, 10 rampagors to 6.

The issue is the items with + max necro minions.
Santa Compana
can give up to 20 more?
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
while good still is a bit excessive with an extra 5 more.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Anonymous: wrote:Never had any problems in that place with holy melee paladin. Just going forward non stop action and hp bubble is staying full. I had a good amount of life leach and probably some hp after kill, can check numbers in the evening.

I'd be interested in knowing those numbers. Just seems like a major pita whenever I go there.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
Anonymous: wrote:Never had any problems in that place with holy melee paladin. Just going forward non stop action and hp bubble is staying full. I had a good amount of life leach and probably some hp after kill, can check numbers in the evening.

I'd be interested in knowing those numbers. Just seems like a major pita whenever I go there.

Had no issue with daggermancer. Carnage leeching and some life after kill. Plowed right on through. You can hide in little corners of the ice walls to block the nova from hitting you if you see it coming or just TP to town.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:Had no issue with daggermancer. Carnage leeching and some life after kill. Plowed right on through. You can hide in little corners of the ice walls to block the nova from hitting you if you see it coming or just TP to town.

What about with caster builds? Have the ones you've played handled it well?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
L H wrote:Had no issue with daggermancer. Carnage leeching and some life after kill. Plowed right on through. You can hide in little corners of the ice walls to block the nova from hitting you if you see it coming or just TP to town.

What about with caster builds? Have the ones you've played handled it well?

I did it with stormzon and just cruised on through, but I had strong enough damage to clear pretty quickly as I moved. Life After Kill kept me alive most of the way through, otherwise, just waited in town for curse, or hid behind niches in the walls.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Alright. I'll keep tinkering with this build then and retract my feedback regarding Realm of Lies. Thanks.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
L H wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:Halve the max number of minions for summoner necro and buff them accordingly, this will take care of the excessive visual clutter and help in plentiful of situations where they're nothing more than meat shields

Santa Compana
can give up to 20 more?
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

+3 to All Skills
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

I know that LH, I saw also that SB talked about the issue with +necro minions items. I think that the point I expressed still stands, those items should be +3 minions at the very best and necro summons should be drastically reduced in number and buffed. With the increased MXL monsters density/speed I know it's easy to be overwhelmed, but with the use (if possible) of good aoe attacks by summoned creatures instead of increasing their number (imho) a better system could be put in place, especially for necro summoner to further differentiate him from every other class with their summons/meat shields.
Also, regardless, in all of this I think something has to be done with veil king... the mechanic is nice in theory but in median it doesn't work well at all in my opinion.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
L H wrote:

Santa Compana
can give up to 20 more?
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

+3 to All Skills
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

I know that LH, I saw also that SB talked about the issue with +necro minions items. I think that the point I expressed still stands, those items should be +3 minions at the very best and necro summons should be drastically reduced in number and buffed. With the increased MXL monsters density/speed I know it's easy to be overwhelmed, but with the use (if possible) of good aoe attacks by summoned creatures instead of increasing their number (imho) a better system could be put in place, especially for necro summoner to further differentiate him from every other class with their summons/meat shields.
Also, regardless, in all of this I think something has to be done with veil king... the mechanic is nice in theory but in median it doesn't work well at all in my opinion.

tbh I hate VK as well. There's simply no use to him, because unlike VA, VK has to stand directly in front of the enemy and keeps dying because he can't ignore your own summons hitboxes.

I'd love to see VK being replaced by a new form of Overlord (grants +1 maximum necromancer minions plus another +1 for every 5 hardpoints. +the passive from Embalming is shifted over to Overlord. so 5% max minion life per hardpoint. Embalming from this point on only increases your own life and mana regeneration. Overlord is put in the last slot of the tree, VA is shifted to current VK place in the tree. Give the overlord a strong AoE attack and done.)
That way you can happily reduce the number of each minion to 5-6, which gives you 12 minions per minion type at the very most (if I calculated correctly). That's enough for a summoner to be tanky, but you can also increase the base stats of the summons. +necromancer minions as an item stat can then be completely removed.

Pro's of this change:
+Only those builds that really put points into overlord can profit from summons. That would make Totemancer a bit weaker since you'd have to spend points into a skill that doesn't profit you very much. Same with other builds.
+Overlord comes back :D I loved Overlord back in the days.
+useless VK is finally gone!
+You can easily buff/nerf the whole build without relying on one certain item--> better balancing possible

Another possibility would be replacing VK with a ranged summon. Give them a low amount of possible summons (like 3 at max) and give it some kind of AoE attack (like an arrow chain that hits 3-4 enemies.) because summon necs sure lack AoE damage unlike any other build. Even summoner zon has an AoE inplemented in the summon, and Median has a huge monster density, that's why summoners are almost always bad, if they don't get the damage from somewhere else.

Pro's of this change:
+You don't need to rely on a merc for AoE damage anymore, which means you won't have to stop farming unqiues as soon as your money is gone.
+AOE FINALLY!
+you can reduce Howling totem's damage buff (because it's crazy strong af. I'd rather see it only giving CB and maybe DS or OW, but the last one is just my personal wish :D That way you can also increase the damage from summons by a lot because the physical damage from howling totem is greatly decreased)
+useless VK is finally gone!
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Solfege wrote:

Ok, i got:
+ 356 replenish life
+ 59% life leach
0 life after kill, on striking, on atack, when struck
vindicate regenerates full life in 20.8 seconds

I go through enemies like hot knife through butter. Only deaths i recall were when i ran out of enemies to damage. Boss fight is easy too since he spawns minions right after teleport. And they end up in the divine judgement area. Rats can be avoided with 3s teleports to other side of river.