Treewarden druid

Discuss Median XL!
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Anonymous: wrote:
Aspirine101 wrote: there are for sure better farming chars than TW, TS isn't any good vs purify bosses,

Hohol pls.
You do not see the bigger picture or just choose to ignore it. Not sure which is worse. BUT. The char that one shots anything (except purify boss) in game is not best farming char ? Farming - killing a lot of stuff on screen which treewarden does very fast and very efficient. Most of the chars you use are taking longer path > getting to max lvl > getting medium/end gears + charms > farming tricky ubers like duncraig or fauzt. In this case treewarden has a lot of advantages. Honestly game gets boring really fast when everything dies on touch. Might be fun for new players to feel godly in the game.

well idk xd i think werewolf can be better for dunc fauzt for example

to be honest i just love tw and dont want it to be nerfed to the ground
Jaxon
Azure Drake
177 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
i have tried the TW with TS recently and gambled some magical/rare stuff at around level 6-8 which was enough to reach act 5 without any struggle and also pretty quickly (looking at the ones interested in speedruns). even ta was a cakewalk with bad gear. it really feels super strong so far, but i cannot say anything about mid/endgame atm. i am wondering how it looks with some procs. if anyone has a cool proc build with TS and would like to share a video, i would appreciate that 8-).
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
GregMXL wrote:Yea so that's my point. Just play the build and enjoy it like how the throw barb was op last ladder. I mean these guys are really doing the best they can. I know it first hand cause I'm lucky enough to see every change they make and all the work that's put in to this mod. It's not easy by a long shot. I'm in shock at the amount of complaining being done since this mod keeps getting better patch by patch. Now sp has everything mp has...like what more do people want?

I find it cool that a completely irrelevant build (at least for a while. not sure how long it's been) is buffed and becomes flavor of the month. It adds hype to the character being finally playable in one regard. Does it suck its unfair? Of course. But I'd rather seeing it be played, have intelligent criticism say "hey they should tweak X or Y" and they adjust accordingly. MXL is so fucking dynamic that it's not as simple as just adjusting a few numbers because it is can be potentially a drastic affect taking place due to all the charms/gear/set bonuses and combinations of such that it'll never be easy. Will people cry? Of course, it's the internet and on a forum where you can project your bitching - it'll always happen. I had lots of fun last ladder with OP BARB and now I'm fucking around with a javazon with a couple people saying "oh it's OP"

The mindset of the majority seems to be black and white, which sucks. But hey, I'm having fun playing the way I want to enjoy the game, and an OP treewarden won't stop me from having me fun and vice versa.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
Well beside the huge wide area loss and on hit effect, thornstrike does more dmg and hits more and imo that's better since old TW is just a guy who spam procs striking.
jaer985
Prowler
18 | 0
I'll add something, TW can do every uber (Don't know about Soul of wrath) in the game (Haven't tried Laz) with a Adramelech Flail, any high defence armor, and everything else crafted (Gauntlets, Greaves, Gothic Shield, Spirit Mask), Banish ammy with skill, -80% enemy fire res, some +1 ring. And it's my first time doing all that hard stuff (Xazax and his 15 minions, The f Void (spent last 2 days trying to upgrade the charm), Yshari pretty EZ, Uldyssian with TW EZ didn't know why i did it like this).
TS doesn't need procs to work. On strike procs (Time Strike) can fu.. your pc if you attack some invulnerable monster pack (Cathedral of Vanity).

Druid wise it's better than every other "tree", Trap Rat is the slow but surely brother (Homing things are the best), wolf is the weird brother for everything you need to make it work, Mage and Venom are ok-ish, and the bow tre... i mean the free crushing blow tree? yeah, still don't know what is all that about.
Kwarck
Invader
8 | 0
So I made my first 2017 char a thorn strike TW. I play single player because my internet is not great where I live and I'm antisocial anyway, but I was wondering if people have been generally building TW physical or elemental. Force of nature doesn't exactly EXCITE me to play ele, but I'm tired of not being able to run fauzt or duncraig because I can't kill the phys immunes there. Is there some trick people use for them or is this char just not meant for those Ubers.

Anyone ever tried scaling poison spells and using poison flash at the same time or something?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kwarck wrote:So I made my first 2017 char a thorn strike TW. I play single player because my internet is not great where I live and I'm antisocial anyway, but I was wondering if people have been generally building TW physical or elemental. Force of nature doesn't exactly EXCITE me to play ele, but I'm tired of not being able to run fauzt or duncraig because I can't kill the phys immunes there. Is there some trick people use for them or is this char just not meant for those Ubers.

Anyone ever tried scaling poison spells and using poison flash at the same time or something?

You can just use wildfire for necrobots. It will just require a bit of skill switching to go between those and the other monsters if you want to use TS as your main attack. You can also get things with elemental on striking procs like
Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (8339 - 9198) to (10115 - 11157)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 120
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
The Flying Saucer
The Flying Saucer
Small Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (3627 - 3957) to (3907 - 4262)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Required Dexterity: 499
Item Level: 120
1% Chance to cast level 60 Cryo Beam on Striking
1% Base Block Chance
30% Movement Speed
-25% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(120 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
, etc, and make sure you have enough pierce for those elements for the spell damage to actually be useful.
Kwarck
Invader
8 | 0
Thing is wildfire is pretty annoying to use against the necromorbs. they run away through unpassable terrain, and wildfire has to actually target a melee enemy to go off. Procs on striking would be perfect, I guess I'll just run some more destruction Diablo to farm some more SUs. No trading on SP is a bummer heh.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kwarck wrote:Thing is wildfire is pretty annoying to use against the necromorbs. they run away through unpassable terrain, and wildfire has to actually target a melee enemy to go off. Procs on striking would be perfect, I guess I'll just run some more destruction Diablo to farm some more SUs. No trading on SP is a bummer heh.

Why not farm TA or K3K or Duncraig?
Kwarck
Invader
8 | 0
TA is not great for this build I think, it's fine in the open rooms where you can keep moving and dodge the death procs from the zons, but in the corridor it's a nightmare. K3k is very doable, maybe I'll farm some signet's and set pieces. Duncraig is what we've been talking about, but if you meant fauzt then it's a similar problem with the bots being phys immune. I haven't tried fauzt in destruction yet, but I'll give it a shot. The bots seem easier to kill with wildfire than the necromorbs.

Is yshari sanctum still farmed? I seem to do well in there, but I didn't find much the one time I've done it (I know sample size of 1 :P).