Discuss Median XL!
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This is a feature of every Diablo-games, you play a bowie and you find swords and axes, as a barb tons of staffs and bows drops.

Here we have around 170 setpieces, to farm one of them is really boring, try to trade it, there is 100% a market here.
zhaorenw
Destroyer
6 | 1
DeanLew wrote:
shnurr214 wrote:Farm

Sell items for tg

Buy what you need

????

Profit

For real though have you ever played d2 or any arpg besides d3 before? You shouldn't ever expect to find exactly what you want drops are not tailored to your build. On another note getting class specific stuff is easier than it has ever been before.

You miss the point about being self found? I'm on single player. No desync and Plugy is a thing. And I never played D3 past a few weeks of launch.

Hey bro. You're getting a lot of hate here and I just wanna weigh in.

A lot of the chumpz here are onliners including me. Online play is pretty fun and pretty easy to get into with the launcher.

No plugy, but muling is pretty easy with the dual log allowed for muling.

The economy is pretty good, so even as a new player you can get some tg and buy the set pieces you want. Contrary to what this thread may have you think, people are pretty friendly, too. It's just when people see something they perceive as unnecessary complaining they sometimes forget to look at what's causing the complaints.

Personally I do think item drop rates can be reworked, especially for sets. Sets seem to exist as a midgame option, but miss their niche almost completely due to being non-deterministic in our ability to farm them. I still like ancient armors being rare, but maybe set ancient armors could be adjusted so we don't only get achilios knuckledusters.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You almost never get full set completed by time when it is actually useful, if you play selffound. Deal with it, or go for average casual-mode and buy parts you are missing.
In general I agree about anc armors tho. Back in time, there were 3 different sets using it and it was acceptable. Now it has 5, and considering rarity of the item it is quite annoying for set users, I guess. Best feeling is to get sin set one, which is useless disgusting shit. :D
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
1. This can be merged with rage thread easily.

2. Not finding stuff you need in two weeks ? If you are new player and just started this mod - it's quite understandable that look with big stuff at bright shinny stuff and dream about it. In reality there are so many options to become strong endgame - runewords, crafts, even rares. If you are not new player and have good idea about this mod - you can get a lot of stuff in a week. Farming specific areas with more players/more magic find - better results. Can be achievend in SP and MP easily.

3. Canadides set is not that good to begin with, but it gives nice aura.

4. Ancient armor for assassin set is good item with low str requirement. Not best, not worst, but good overall. If you cannot use it - a sig is a sig.

5. If you are bored farming same areas like K3K, Duncraig and TA, go for act 4 river+Diablo, Kurast areas, Yshari, Belial area.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
The barbarian dual wield sets both have 2 weapons each with their own procs. The barb doesn't have any dual wield skills. DISCUSS!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
havent check the set, but dual wield in median now treat you as "axe + sword" melee barb.

basically you can both skill tree without problem. if the weapon in set are not axe + sword, then it is failed design that need to be change.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
One is dual axe, other is dual sword. Whats even shittier is that dual wielding could reach 6 frame bp. Lowest for 1h is 7.
Norolia42
Prowler
16 | 2
I dunno, whenever I get bored with one character I start another. Hasn't really happened yet though since the season just started and I'm always trying new things.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Fumbles wrote:The barbarian dual wield sets both have 2 weapons each with their own procs. The barb doesn't have any dual wield skills. DISCUSS!

Good point, but it should go into feedback thread ? I have no idea about skills that swing both weapons at once so i googled and it gave link to old mxl forums saying that deathgaze might be that kind of skill ? Or maybe there are some oskills ?
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Anonymous: wrote:
Fumbles wrote:The barbarian dual wield sets both have 2 weapons each with their own procs. The barb doesn't have any dual wield skills. DISCUSS!

Good point, but it should go into feedback thread ? I have no idea about skills that swing both weapons at once so i googled and it gave link to old mxl forums saying that deathgaze might be that kind of skill ? Or maybe there are some oskills ?

Nothing of the barb utilizes dual wielding (pretty sure so). Ignoring the fact you can wield sword and axe to benefit from both trees, your offhand is a stat stick.

Barbs still fucking stronk though. The sets are clunky with dual wield, it's just a perceived effect of dual wield.