Getting really bored.

Discuss Median XL!
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Farming Cinadide set is actually dumb. A set where all the base items are the rarest of their types. Ancient Armor, Hand of God, Gauntlets, Plated Belt and Hundsgugel. Doing K3K all day for a week is just flat out boring and tiring. Needs higher density IMO.

5x sets have Gauntlets so when I do find one its 1/5 chance to be the one I want and they're extremely rare to even find. 5x Ancient Armors as well which is even rarer. 4x Plated Belts. Hand of God and Hundsgugel are always going to be Cinadide set. This is extremely painful for people who play self found.

Possibly add an uber that gives a charm to make it more likely for enemies to drop items items for your class and nothing else so you can just stash it if you don't want the benefit. Like it would detect you're playing a Paladin and would have a higher chance to drop Paladin set items like Cinadide Ancient Armor.

Not sure how much more I can take before I just get too bored and play something else. Not finding what you're looking for in over a week of constant playing is pretty meh.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
When a build is the meta of a season theres always that one guy thats going to complain that the set pieces for it never drop...

Item drops for your class being more likely? Wtf do you think this is , diablo 3?

Diablo 2 has always been about complete RNG dropwise. You're bored because youre not getting the drops you want? It's always been that way , sometimes youre luckier than most of the times you farm for gear. Good luck finding a unique Sacred Armor on clod and even better luck on it being Tyreal's Might. Median isnt going to accomodate your needs just because it bores you.

/thread pls ty
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Prime_Evil wrote:When a build is the meta of a season theres always that one guy thats going to complain that the set pieces for it never drop...

Item drops for your class being more likely? Wtf do you think this is , diablo 3?

Diablo 2 has always been about complete RNG dropwise. You're bored because youre not getting the drops you want? It's always been that way , sometimes youre luckier than most of the times you farm for gear. Good luck finding a unique Sacred Armor on clod and even better luck on it being Tyreal's Might. Median isnt going to accomodate your needs just because it bores you.

/thread pls ty

No one uses shit like that anyway. People always use MF gear and those are easy to find. Unlike this set. Do I NEED the set? No. Do I just want it because I like it? Yes. It's fucking stupid finding
Vizjun's Engine
Vizjun's Engine
Hard Leather Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (4702 - 5877) to (5014 - 6267)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(1 to 2) to Assassin Skill Levels
30% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -40%
Socketed (6)

Vizjun's Devices
(Assassin Trap Set)
and
Red Vex' Flayer
Red Vex' Flayer
Club (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 41 to 42
Required Level: 90
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 1
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+(2 to 3) to Amazon Skill Levels
+(81 to 100) Spell Focus
+50% Damage to Undead
+(16 to 30)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(16 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(31 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
Regenerate Mana +10%
+(40 to 50) Life after each Kill
Socketed (3)

Red Vex' Embrace
(Amazon Blood Set)
over and over constantly because they're much much more common and you'll be lucky to find 1 Ancient Armor set item per ladder and theres a 1/5 for it to be the one you want. They do NOTHING for me what so ever.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Farm

Sell items for tg

Buy what you need

????

Profit

For real though have you ever played d2 or any arpg besides d3 before? You shouldn't ever expect to find exactly what you want drops are not tailored to your build. On another note getting class specific stuff is easier than it has ever been before.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
shnurr214 wrote:Farm

Sell items for tg

Buy what you need

????

Profit

For real though have you ever played d2 or any arpg besides d3 before? You shouldn't ever expect to find exactly what you want drops are not tailored to your build. On another note getting class specific stuff is easier than it has ever been before.

You miss the point about being self found? I'm on single player. No desync and Plugy is a thing. And I never played D3 past a few weeks of launch.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
You should play something else, go on.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Im pretty sure theres a market for single player items going around even here in the forums , as very minute and niche it might be, at least there was a couple of ladders ago , not sure how it is right now. Check the Trade sections for Open bnet trades.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Your putting a difficult restriction on yourself by choosing to play self found then complaining about drop rates.
:think:
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
shnurr214 wrote:Your putting a difficult restriction on yourself by choosing to play self found then complaining about drop rates.
:think:

Go on...

Doesn't mean it's not dumb how the full set is all items of the rarest bases. I have full
Malthael's Sanctuary
Malthael's Sanctuary
(Paladin Ritualist Set)

Malthael's Crown
Malthael's Halo
Malthael's Ward
Malthael's Wrath

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
10% Chance to cast level 34 Flamestrike on Melee Attack
+150 Life on Melee Attack

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
10% Chance to cast level 34 Hailstorm on Melee Attack
20% to Vitality

Set Bonus with complete set:
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
+12 to Warp Armor
20% to Vitality
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +15%
Elemental Resists +50%

because those are much easier to find. Why is one set so much rarer than the other for the same class and both of melee type.. Dumb. And yeah I'm probably just going to play MP next ladder since they nerf sp drop rate anyways..
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Idea: Don't use the set? There's tons of options to use. Find people to trade with on SP or TSW whatever you play. Bitching helps nothing.