MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:
MrFunk wrote:
L H wrote:Nvm me then I guess

Sorry, but I do not agree that these should stay secret. The only people who really know them are the same people who can take advantage of them over and over again. It's good to give more people the change to use them.

My point is because they're "secret", then if a player wants to know, he can find out via PM. They might as well be added to the docs if they're going to be made into a thread. I'm not angry about it, I'm just sayin' they're listed as secret. No big deal really.

I would agree if people would actually talk about them. I had asked many people myself in the last couple of ladders and no one would even talk about them at all. Not everyone was willing to reveal them at all and finding these out through trial and error would take hours. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had no idea what these were.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MrFunk wrote:I would agree if people would actually talk about them. I had asked many people myself in the last couple of ladders and no one would even talk about them at all. Not everyone was willing to reveal them at all and finding these out through trial and error would take hours. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who had no idea what these were.

Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
L H wrote:Yes.

These items are meant to be secret for a reason though, ya know?

:roll:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I agree, that the secret runewords should be kept in a list for everyone to know. Because some of those items are really important and open up more possibilities. Like The Creep, which simply completely stops xazax transformation curse. It's fundamentally important to have that in advance to make this uber a piece of cake, even if you don't use a staff else.

The secret uniques should stay secret though. Because that way you have a nice "surprise!" moment when you finally find one. And you can't make them anyway, you can only find them, so it won't benefit the fun of the game if you already know all the secret uniques.
MrFunk
Bone Archer
77 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
HechtHeftig wrote:I agree, that the secret runewords should be kept in a list for everyone to know. Because some of those items are really important and open up more possibilities. Like The Creep, which simply completely stops xazax transformation curse. It's fundamentally important to have that in advance to make this uber a piece of cake, even if you don't use a staff else.

The secret uniques should stay secret though. Because that way you have a nice "surprise!" moment when you finally find one. And you can't make them anyway, you can only find them, so it won't benefit the fun of the game if you already know all the secret uniques.

100% Agree.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:I agree, that the secret runewords should be kept in a list for everyone to know. Because some of those items are really important and open up more possibilities. Like The Creep, which simply completely stops xazax transformation curse. It's fundamentally important to have that in advance to make this uber a piece of cake, even if you don't use a staff else.

its nice having an item that can trivialize content, but how much time is being saved when so much needs to be invested just to make the staff? Anyone that claims they can't do Xazax without it is sabotaging themselves of the enjoyment of completing a tricky uber by deeming it necessary to cheese.

None of those runewords/secret uniques are "important" or "fundamental" to gameplay.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:

its nice having an item that can trivialize content, but how much time is being saved when so much needs to be invested just to make the staff? Anyone that claims they can't do Xazax without it is sabotaging themselves of the enjoyment of completing a tricky uber by deeming it necessary to cheese.

None of those runewords/secret uniques are "important" or "fundamental" to gameplay.

Okay let me phrase that different:
I know that when runewords were introduced to cLoD, there was not a single rw listed anywhere. That's how fanpages for D2 got so famous. They listed everything the community found out by themselves. Simply because it's important to have the available options for crafting listed, so you don't waste anything.

Newbies that come here rely on the item lists for runeword and TU's because they want to know what's best for them. Both TU's and runeword can be made. But how does a newbie feel like finding out that his casterzon could've been stronger all along due a morph that increases your cast rate but couldn't make/use it because it wasn't listed? They think that all there is is already listed. So how can they bother finding out about secret runewords when they can't guess that there is something like that hidden in the game?

Anything that you are able to create on your own should be available for all to create. Else only those who already know it profit from it.
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
MrFunk wrote:

100% Agree.

agreed. the more items we know that exist, the more possibilities people have to create unique builds.
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Atomus
Atomus
Jewel

Required Level: 120
Item Level: 120
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
+1 to All Skills
+20 to all Attributes
+1% to Experience Gained
plz
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
"Secret only means undocumented" - Marco.

Just because it's undocumented doesn't mean they can't be asked about, or posted in a forum. Plus, even if they are talked about in the forum, that doesn't ruin the experience of Secret elemental RW's anyway. Just taking the small effort to ask about it on the forums makes them more difficult to achieve for the casual player that is new to median.