Returning Player

Discuss Median XL!
Natobomb
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey guys/gals! I decided to buy my fiancee this nifty little cheapo gaming laptop and talked her into this install. Now I have to try not to get re-addicted with my limited time and schedule but I soooo want to play a little here and there and eventually surpass my previous achievements. Here's the down low:

I used to play really frequently, and gave it up when my old laptop died. I built my own gaming desktop 2 years ago and played some other games with the new and better system and never put this on the computer. Got engaged, got a new job that takes up nearly all my time, and to top it off, we just got a 17 week old german shepherd puppy that is tearing up the house. So... Time is still super tight, but I'm hoping to get an hour in here and there and meet some new and helpful friends, or re-unite with some old ones. I"ll have to relearn most of the game. I see the docs have changed along with the patches and everything else. I lost my old settings on clicker and plug y and stuff but downloaded the installer and launcher thing. I guess I'll have to get playing and see where I end up..

Right now, I only really have one major question. With my limited time (and consequently limited ability to play and gear multiple characters), I would like opinions on what is the single most capable class/build for the current content. The best I've ever done was with a Sin, who farmed end game fautz and dunc and viz, and when switching out to teifling was able to do astrogah and other stuff. I stalled on things like the sewer boss, the witch, void, yashari, kab, and whatever others most consider the harder ubers.

I 've tried barbs with little luck (was great at them in clod but suck in median), pallys confuse me, traprat/bow druids were ok, and the melee necro was a quick farmer. But, never the less, the sin was my most accomplished boss killer. So what can I try? I'm open to just about anything since I'm pretty much starting fresh. I love a challenge, but with little play time and needing to maximize the effectiveness of a single char, I need a well rounded and versatile option that I can easily respec to farm, and then tackle some of the games hardest content.

Hope this isn't a pain to read. I'm not affraid to solo the game ( done it plenty of times before). I did look through some char builds.. I just figured I'd throw this out and see if anyone feels like they have a perfect solution since I dont have the playtime for trial and error at this stage in life.

Hope to see some of you from time to time in the game.. Nato
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Honestly, for the current patch, Tree druid w/ thorn strike is pretty easy going right now. If you do decide to go for it, just remember thorn strike is not considered a melee attack and will not proc melee attack procs.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
TL;DR - what is the best char ?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Totemancer, summoner nec, treewarden, holy melee pala, pouncezon, melee nec... all capable.

Dunno about the other classes, as I mostly play necro. However all classes should be viable, I just listed those that are the most easy to play (from what you read in the forum)