Couch Co-op setup on one screen with controllers

Discuss Median XL!
ducktape
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello friends!

I was wondering if anyone could provide insight on setting up a couch co-op option for Median XL. Running on one Windows 10 gaming PC with a large TV screen. With some basic direction, I am confident I could setup a LAN and maybe run multiple sandboxed versions? Something similar to this instructions from the D2 website

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20755775938

I was also considering using my Xbox 1 controllers instead of an extra keyboard. I have dabbled in these things before, so I feel like they COULD work, but I was hoping for input in the event anyone has done or seen this done before.

Thanks in advance!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
One PC will most likely lead to chaos since you can't just add 2 keyboards/mouse and that works fine. It's extremely hard to assign each one to one half of the screen. The same applies to xbox controllers.

With 2 screens and PCs it's easy.
caincake
Stone Warrior
31 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Provided your pc has the resources, you could boot two separate virtual machines. That makes it easier to assign different sets of peripherals, as well as play on the same screen since their virtual displays are just windows you can move around however you want. Here's the software you need to set that up.