Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Does it happen on single player also or only on multi? Try running the game without D2SE. Most likely the solution is to install and use glide and set a FPS limit <100 or force an fps limit from your gpu driver if you know how to do that (requires nvinspector for nvidia cards).
maxxkutez
Prowler
15 | 0
I tried both SP and Multi, tried with D2SE and without D2SE too, my glide is set at 30 FPS limit. I'm finding some software that can limit CPU Usage for Diablo 2 :(

Thank you guys anw for helping me :D
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
You've tried even the dll solution and still didn't work?
I totally feel you, I was where you are, was searching for days for a solution and just when I said I give up, I fixed it :P
Is the High Cpu incident occur when playing normal Diablo 2 also?
If you open Median on window mode and you click out of the game (so the game is like in a minimized state) is Cpu still that high or is it dropping down?
My advice, is to try fixing your problem out of D2SE first (I mean with normal launcher).
Don't forget to check the Override DPI scaling box and try all three options. From my experience this thing is TOTALLY messing almost everything on Windows 10.
Waiting for your feedback. I hope we can make it work!
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Dumb suggestion possibly but I had a problem like this and restarting my computer actually helped.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
maxxkutez
Prowler
15 | 0
potapo_gourouni wrote:You've tried even the dll solution and still didn't work?
I totally feel you, I was where you are, was searching for days for a solution and just when I said I give up, I fixed it :P
Is the High Cpu incident occur when playing normal Diablo 2 also?
If you open Median on window mode and you click out of the game (so the game is like in a minimized state) is Cpu still that high or is it dropping down?
My advice, is to try fixing your problem out of D2SE first (I mean with normal launcher).
Don't forget to check the Override DPI scaling box and try all three options. From my experience this thing is TOTALLY messing almost everything on Windows 10.
Waiting for your feedback. I hope we can make it work!

Thank you for your suggestion.
I tried both Median and Normal Diablo.
Ya, when i click out of the game, Cpu drop to 0.1% :((((((
I think i have to reinstall my windows, but now i have so many softs and files that relate to my work.
So sadddddd :(
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
Ok Max. let's try again.
Change your Power settings to High Performance.
Change performance settings from MY COMPUTER'S properties and advanced system settings to favor performance instead of appearance.
Disable Themes service.
Change your graphic cards settings to favor performance.
Try to monitor what's going with your CPU with Task manager's Resource Monitor (have Diablo II opened in windowed mode and have Resource monitor next to it and keep track of what's going on.
You can try to monitor more stuff with Process Explorer program too I think.
Waiting for feedback. Good luck!
Skeptic_Zero
Abomination
147 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Never heard of Win10 causing this. This absolutely sounds like your computer isn't using your dedicated GPU and is defaulting back to the integrated chip. Double check that. I'd suggest also installing software that can display your GPU temperature and fan speed in real time. When you load up a video game GPU temp should start rising due to load, with a commensurate rise in fan speed. If it doesn't do anything, it 100% isn't using your GPU.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I had to set D2SE to use the Nvidia GPU (not d2). I expect that's what you meant but it seems worth mentioning just in case it helps.