MXL 1.2 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Primarch
Pit Knight
114 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
My trial of contrition dark portal won't work even though I'm not using any auras. Any idea why this would be the case?
User avatar
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6475 | 215
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Primarch wrote:My trial of contrition dark portal won't work even though I'm not using any auras. Any idea why this would be the case?


What build/char? SP or TSW?
Primarch
Pit Knight
114 | 12
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Single player. Pounce Zon.
User avatar
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6475 | 215
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Primarch wrote:Single player. Pounce Zon.


Lioness passive is locking it out
User avatar
HechtHeftig
Amazon Warrior
1690 | 108
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I tried out playing a neutral paladin with Light influence. It's fun this far and challenging since I'm lacking armor like nothing else. Thanks to sacred armor I have a method to refill my life orb and get some more defense though, so in extreme cases I can survive more easily with that (for example terror act 1 those sasquaches right ahead of andy. The first time I went there, I was killed instantly thanks to perma stun, but afterwards I survived since I casted sacred armor before I engaged them.

Anyway, I'm at a point now, where I can finally get buff duration bonus and what makes me sad is how many buffs aren't affected by it, which is something I don't understand. Sacred armor, Superbeast (yes I know. It has a duration of 600 seconds as well) and Vindicate for example. 3 Buffs that aren't affected by buff duration bonus. WTF.

Instead, it buffs the duration of skills like Vessel of retribution and rapture which is stupid. Vessel has a duration of over 1000 seconds already. Why would I ever need to buff that further? Same goes for rapture. With 20% Buff duration added, it has a duration of 443 seconds. Why would I ever need to buff this?

Sacred armor is basically the only option to get some decent defense for me now. (I have bear stance and get to 50 k thanks to that. 100 k with activated sacred armor) I planned keeping sacred armor permanently on in lategame, but that just won't work since it's not affected by buff duration. I'm in act 4 terror atm and it works well, but I'm afraid I can scrap this char now since I know, that I won't be able to keep my defense up all the time and walk around with low defense in most areas, making me complete cannon fodder.

The way I see it, Sacred armor is now without a doubt a bad option in general. I mean yes, you get flat defense, which increases defense by an insane amount if you play holy or unholy pala and have access to some good TCD bonus. But for a neutral light influence pala it's merely a better potion in early game and will continue to be just that in lategame.

Imho sacred armor should be affected by buff duration. But at the same time you can lower the base duration to a point where you can still reach the 16 seconds (or 17 seconds) of the CD with maxing the skill and with dedicated gear. (That means with for example 200% buff duration. That would require you to put 20 Nih runes in your gear or 17 Nih runes and both rings and your amulet to be fully orbed.)
That would require holy/unholy paladins to scrap some offense to get more defense, but at the same time free up a whole new build.

Concerning holy/unholy palas... I can understand if you say "We don't want Paladins in general to be buffed even further by allowing sacred armor to be on 100% of the time." but look at it like this:

An unholy melee pala with maxed Terror Strike and Tainted blood can reach around 500 k defense with decent gear, maybe even a little more (not counting bear stance in).
Any barb however can get to 1 million defense easily just by putting points into runemaster while having some points in Bear stance and Spirit Guide. And barb doesn't need buff duration.

So either fix barb or adjust pala.

Btw: I don't know if it's a bug, but when I killed aoiqiuasf sadfouh in act 4 chaos sanctuary (the one who spawns from the seal in the middle) I activated Sacred armor, killed him, but sacred armor didn't replenish my life despite the fact that the skill was on cooldown and the animation was turned on. Since I don't know if this guy negates all healing, I though I'd mention it here.
eet
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Baneblade is blocking batstrike from being used. Batstrike seems melee skill to me.
User avatar
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6475 | 215
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Barb is meant to be in-the-face brute strength. Should lioness on pouncezon get nerfed too cause it can get high defense?
User avatar
Goodkidscc
Mangler
461 | -35
HechtHeftig wrote:I tried out playing a neutral paladin with Light influence. It's fun this far and challenging since I'm lacking armor like nothing else. Thanks to sacred armor I have a method to refill my life orb and get some more defense though, so in extreme cases I can survive more easily with that (for example terror act 1 those sasquaches right ahead of andy. The first time I went there, I was killed instantly thanks to perma stun, but afterwards I survived since I casted sacred armor before I engaged them.

Anyway, I'm at a point now, where I can finally get buff duration bonus and what makes me sad is how many buffs aren't affected by it, which is something I don't understand. Sacred armor, Superbeast (yes I know. It has a duration of 600 seconds as well) and Vindicate for example. 3 Buffs that aren't affected by buff duration bonus. WTF.

Instead, it buffs the duration of skills like Vessel of retribution and rapture which is stupid. Vessel has a duration of over 1000 seconds already. Why would I ever need to buff that further? Same goes for rapture. With 20% Buff duration added, it has a duration of 443 seconds. Why would I ever need to buff this?

Sacred armor is basically the only option to get some decent defense for me now. (I have bear stance and get to 50 k thanks to that. 100 k with activated sacred armor) I planned keeping sacred armor permanently on in lategame, but that just won't work since it's not affected by buff duration. I'm in act 4 terror atm and it works well, but I'm afraid I can scrap this char now since I know, that I won't be able to keep my defense up all the time and walk around with low defense in most areas, making me complete cannon fodder.

The way I see it, Sacred armor is now without a doubt a bad option in general. I mean yes, you get flat defense, which increases defense by an insane amount if you play holy or unholy pala and have access to some good TCD bonus. But for a neutral light influence pala it's merely a better potion in early game and will continue to be just that in lategame.

Imho sacred armor should be affected by buff duration. But at the same time you can lower the base duration to a point where you can still reach the 16 seconds (or 17 seconds) of the CD with maxing the skill and with dedicated gear. (That means with for example 200% buff duration. That would require you to put 20 Nih runes in your gear or 17 Nih runes and both rings and your amulet to be fully orbed.)
That would require holy/unholy paladins to scrap some offense to get more defense, but at the same time free up a whole new build.

Concerning holy/unholy palas... I can understand if you say "We don't want Paladins in general to be buffed even further by allowing sacred armor to be on 100% of the time." but look at it like this:

An unholy melee pala with maxed Terror Strike and Tainted blood can reach around 500 k defense with decent gear, maybe even a little more (not counting bear stance in).
Any barb however can get to 1 million defense easily just by putting points into runemaster while having some points in Bear stance and Spirit Guide. And barb doesn't need buff duration.

So either fix barb or adjust pala.

Btw: I don't know if it's a bug, but when I killed aoiqiuasf sadfouh in act 4 chaos sanctuary (the one who spawns from the seal in the middle) I activated Sacred armor, killed him, but sacred armor didn't replenish my life despite the fact that the skill was on cooldown and the animation was turned on. Since I don't know if this guy negates all healing, I though I'd mention it here.

Sacred armor used to be affected by buff duration but was nerfed a looooong time ago. You could basically get close to or past the cooldown and have inf sacred armor.





It ain't coming back.
User avatar
HechtHeftig
Amazon Warrior
1690 | 108
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Goodkidscc wrote:Sacred armor used to be affected by buff duration but was nerfed a looooong time ago. You could basically get close to or past the cooldown and have inf sacred armor.

It ain't coming back.


I know. But that was back when sacred armor made you immune. I still remember how OP paladin was with permanent immunity. But sacred armor doesn't make you immune anymore, so there's no point in preventing +buff duration to work with that skill.

I think the least the devs could do is mark the buffs that aren't affected by +buff duration with a line like: "Isn't affected by +buff duration" So you don't create a char only to find out it won't work the way it's supposed to work.
User avatar
suchbalance
Amazon Warrior
1675 | 394
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active forum collaborator / developer
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
I have been in the process of phasing out the Buff/Debuff duration stat and increasing base skill duration instead (see Vindicate, Bloodbath for example). The thing is, this stat just doesn't work as intended and is not a very good stat overall. No one wants to give up a desirable offensive/defensive stat on their item for it and so its only use is for cheesing, by prebuffing things with 12xNih socketed weapons and the like. Since snapshotting is a thing, this will always be its optimal use. Some skills/buffs just aren't meant to have permanent uptime and those which do usually have other means of increasing duration (usually investing points in it).

About neutral paladin: I do have plans to improve the flavour, functionality and power of that build (while fixing the bug that allows you to select Holy/Unholy uberskills, because that just makes no sense for a neutral paladin). However, there is a limited amount of time that me & Marco can devote to each patch which is insufficient to address everything that we want to improve.