Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Apoc in Heart of Sin could probably be toned down a bit or made so stacked Fire res protects against it.

The fight is kinda crazy as it is with all the unkillable things, 1hko Flamestrike, and Azmodan's ridiculous tankiness. Current Apoc damage just seems like overkill. Anyway, just my thoughts.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Quov Tsin charm is perfect for minion users such as totemancers but the mechanics of the fight wipe out minions instantly. So it seems another spec or class needs to be used. This does not seem a very good design. If Quov Tsin charm's stats were swapped with (for example) the Worldstone Key that would make more sense.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
More random thoughts...

Damage done by Khalimgrad Avatars' Meteor Shower could be increased. Even with low-Life builds, it's barely a tickle.

At the same time, damage done by Punishers from unkillable Totems could be reduced (dropping your Life to 1 hp instantly seems too much, especially since it's so hard to keep track of Punishers with all the Ethereals' on-death novas proccing. Discourages me from farming Khalimgrad; probably discourages others too).

Or better yet, Punisher damage could be left as-is and the Totems could be made killable. I hate unkillable things.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think quivers need new MOs/UMOs or be added to one of the existing categories. There isn't a whole lot of usage out of MOs for quivers at this stage. Would be nice to at least see them added to Weapons or Ring/Amulet MO capability.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Apoc in Heart of Sin could probably be toned down a bit or made so stacked Fire res protects against it.

The fight is kinda crazy as it is with all the unkillable things, 1hko Flamestrike, and Azmodan's ridiculous tankiness. Current Apoc damage just seems like overkill. Anyway, just my thoughts.

I don't have a 1hitko flamestirke on my bowzon. Maybe you just have low res/max res? You only really get hit hard with fire if you stand in one spot. The boulders roll pretty slowly and flamestrike has a noticeable indicator. Just strafe around Azmodan and its not bad.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
L H wrote:Tiefling Form's sound effect is many times louder than normal spell casts.

It also seems to be one of the few spells you cannot re-cast or cancel. Perhaps there is a reason but also it may be an oversight or even a bug?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:
Solfege wrote:Apoc in Heart of Sin could probably be toned down a bit or made so stacked Fire res protects against it.

I don't have a 1hitko flamestirke on my bowzon. Maybe you just have low res/max res? You only really get hit hard with fire if you stand in one spot. The boulders roll pretty slowly and flamestrike has a noticeable indicator. Just strafe around Azmodan and its not bad.

I don't have a problem (design-wise) with any of the stuff during Azmo fight, I just don't like this version of Apoc taking 30-40% of my Life per hit (only have about 6k Life total). Especially since you can't really avoid getting hit by it. I can leave Azmo at the SW part of the long causeway, run all the way across to the NE end, and still get hit by it. Res isn't the issue. Tried it with 90% max/~400% stacked just to see.

As for Flamestrike, it's only 1hko b/c I chose not to give my toon any hit-recovery (so she gets hit-locked and dies). That's not a design flaw, it's a player flaw.

Edit:
To be clear, I'm not saying Azmo Uber is broken or unbalanced or anything. Just relaying my thoughts after doing it with a few different builds.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Love the new Void great changes here.

Dunc map still needs some love. I generally hate areas with way too big walls, I want to see the action (looking at Yshari last stage too!) but dunc is a stupid mix of 1 hit KO thing, 3 second blink timer and forced blinks into rooms. I personally play with 1.8 blink most of the time there but for every other class it just sucks.

New uldy is better than the old one but the stages are just hella boring. Either give it interesting mechanics or reduce all HP by 50%.

Judgement day still is an incredible time waster, increase the chance to summon. Personal dislike about the whole Teganze mechanic. Incredible hate for the Toraja mechanic, either make edyrem better in removing the shield or change something.

All the other changes and things are great, really loved this ladder so far. The removal of alchemy for example. Overall there were many great changes over the last few patches. What I would love now was more good builts, more variety and interesting builts mechanics would be awesome.

The cooldown for tiefling form is just annoying.
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
You like how void boss who summons envy mobs floats offscreen ? Great design.

Duncraig is fine even with Jitan teleport charm. The only problem i see - some walls still got cracks in them and mobs pre-throw barrels.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Regarding D-Baal, I thought the amount of Minions and Visions he summoned at any given time was determined by the number of players/minions/summons/whatever in the game. Why is he summoning 5 Minions at a time and 2 Visions at a time when my character is the only one there? Unless Sorc Familiars now count toward D-Baal's summoning. I just killed 2x Mephisto, and a I didn't even get a chance to hit him before he summoned both Diablo and Andariel (also noticed another Mephisto on the other side of the map). I've never seen him summon so many things at once during a solo playthrough.

And speaking of D-Baal, his Minions are obnoxious. They Pounce, affect you with Slow, hit hard, and are tanky af. Only 3 of these are enough. But what do I know?

Edit:
And now, after killing Diablo+Andariel, Baal has healed from 40% health to full. Would really like to know what causes Baal to regain all this life. I had this problem last patch too, as did others. No one could figure it out. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn nettled right now...
Edited by Solfege 6 years.