Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
aerial wrote:2. Bloodzon
(full energy spell based build)

There's no need to go full energy when bacchanalia gives you energy factor damage.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
cowking wrote:
aerial wrote:2. Bloodzon
(full energy spell based build)

There's no need to go full energy when bacchanalia gives you energy factor damage.

There is also mana cost issue and fact that caster gear usually doesn't give you much %dex if you wanted go for block.
But my point still stands, even with block, you will not have fun playing caster that can't heal on kill.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
MField wasn't meant to be a general purpose skill, rather a single target option. The damage is where I want it, but I was too generous with other parameters which also made it better for farming compared to TCrack (if one stays with paragon, as it seems all want to). Now that I have a lot of test data from players I know how to correct this, so the build will be a 2 skill affair in the future instead of just 1. HoZ is probably going to get replaced at some point because it doesn't really do anything for the melee build better than those other 2.

Bacchanalia passive never activated with hp overflow because it was a client side bug. Damage and other stuff are controlled by the server and it always saw your hp% correctly. It's a lot better for single target which you don't mention, since there it's easy to control your hp with pots while killing bosses with Balefire.

As far as farming goes, activating it actually makes you decently tanky (50% dr) and boosts the AoE of all the other skills to make them better for clearing. Nowadays it's also much easier to stay alive with it as well, since threshold was increased from 33% max hp. Also let's not forget that 1 spell cast under Baccha = 4 casts without it, due to the humongous damage bonus. Yeah it's not ideal, since you rather be spamming bloodstorm all the time and stacking max laek just like with every other caster under the sun. However it's a unique feature of the build that isn't worth killing just for more farming speed.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I just found
Kharos' Bloodskull
, and I have to wonder... Is this supposed to be one of those purposely bad items, or is it just outdated and no longer good? I think it could be a good candidate for a replacement unique or buff!
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
AzureGladiator wrote:I just found
Kharos' Bloodskull
, and I have to wonder... Is this supposed to be one of those purposely bad items, or is it just outdated and no longer good? I think it could be a good candidate for a replacement unique or buff!

Did you read the stats? It's clearly for bloodzon.

Life drain to help activate Bacchanalia <50% hp bonuses, lif after kill to sustain the drain, fire/magic spell dmg. flat dr is really nice too. Just no one really plays bloodzon. I think it's just an underrated class vs underrated item.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
L H wrote:
AzureGladiator wrote:I just found
Kharos' Bloodskull

Did you read the stats? It's clearly for bloodzon.

Life drain to help activate Bacchanalia <50% hp bonuses, lif after kill to sustain the drain, fire/magic spell dmg. flat dr is really nice too. Just no one really plays bloodzon. I think it's just an underrated class vs underrated item.

Oh thanks for that! I never played zon yet, so I just saw the life drain and thought that was a negative... Nevermind then. Sounds like a really cool concept :P
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
Bacchanalia bonus activates at <66%.
Idea is there, but really balancing heal on kill vs constant slow drain, doens't work in practice. You will just constantly lose that buff.
Not that it is unplayable without it, but obviously much weaker. It is even more so to the loss of bloodstorm range or magic missile splash than the damage, because as it was mentioned above, it is same as EF spell power, so if you go for energy (and you sort of have to to not run oom), you already have decent portion of that bonus from energy/ef, even if you don't focus your build around it.

I get that you don't want to make all casters the same, I share that sentiment. Just telling you my experience of leveling and trying to progress with this build. Not unplabale, not even straight up bad (but there are stronger casters with similar gear level). Just really annoying to deal with that passive in the lategame, thats it.
It is sort of like trying to play low life build in poe without life reservation by auras mechanics.
Edited by aerial 6 years.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
In late game the only way for bacchanalia to work as intended is for you to use the red vex set and facetank everything, while mobs will bring your life down, the set's laek bonus will keep you alive. Needless to say that you also have like 20k hp with that set, and with some decent crafted jewels and crafts you can reach tremendous amounts of damage. I actually love that set and the gameplay with it. I use it with fire set gloves for extra fire pierce and dr%
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
aerial wrote:Bacchanalia bonus activates at <66%.
Idea is there, but really balancing heal on kill vs constant slow drain, doens't work in practise. You will just constantly lose that buff.
Not that it is unplayable without it, but obviously much weaker. It is even more so to the loss of bloodstorm range or magic missile splash than the damage, because as it was mentioned above, it is same as EF spell power, so if you go for energy (and you sort of have to to not run oom), you already have decent portion of that bonus from energy/ef, even if you don't focus your build around it.

I get that you don't want to make all casters the same, I share that sentiment. Just telling you my experience of leveling and trying to progress with this build. Not unplabale, not even straight up bad (but there are stronger casters with similar gear level). Just really annoying to deal with that passive in the lategame, thats it.
It is sort of like trying to play low life build in poe without life reservation by auras mechanics.

When I last played bloodzon (previous patch) I actually felt bloodzon was fine the way it is. I put 10 points into fire elementals and got 75% minion resist on my gear (you can already get 50% on TU setzshield with Mo's), so they can tank for me. That way it was most of the time me, who decided how much life I have. Balefire for reducing my own life, then using magic missiles to take advantage of the AoE they receive once you're below 66%, killing nearly everything immediately. Everything else died to lavapit (which is stronger vs single targets compared to bloodstorm, even thouhg I only put 1 point into lavapit and maxed bloodstorm. So I came to the conclusion that bloodstorm isn't really worth it except in very crowded non-fire immune areas like cow level and TA)

The only really hard thing about bloodzon is finding the sweet spot of laek as you mentioned, which differs for every uber. But switching out the P rubys with P Ambers in the weapon did the trick most of the time, depending on how much laek I wanted, or if I rather wanted to have some reanimates to tank even more for me.

Btw: I've only beaten around 20 (+-3) ubers before I lost interest, so I can't talk about most of the content.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Perhaps give a 2% life drain affix on Bacchanalia skill itself instead of items. Using balefire just to reduce your HP is meh since Balfire will likely kill the mobs anyways. I get the concept, but I agree it might need something more. having a constant life drain could be nice.

I think a new, thought-worthy idea might be turning Bacchanalia into a duration skill that while active, drains your HP x% per second or reduces you max HP by like 50% but takes away the 'HP must be below 66%' mechanic, so the bonuses would be active while the duration effect is active. Almost like Solar Flare, I guess but not too directly of a copy.