Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Duncraig: I like the layout which was easy to re-learn and the initial area is less populated, giving weaker players a chance to farm some sacred bases/xp. Like Anon mentioned above, those "cracks" still exist. One place I remember it being an issue was the in-between area north-east of assur.

Something needs to be changed with necromorbs or some melee skills. They always flee melee range and when they reach a wall only the initial melee hit is damaging them. Wildfire, Thorn Strike, Stormblast and its two clones all have this problem. At least with barb theres other melee attacks but druid is kinda boned here. I habitually summon fiends/summons before blinking over walls into mobs for meat shield purposes. The summons are 1pters and necromorbs kill them in one hit. I don't mind things being difficult but the necromorbs in their current state are incredibly annoying.

Tran Athulua: The 50% slow from the bosses is way too high, lasts way too long and can't be removed by healer npcs. I'm sure the heal issue wasn't intended but it really hurts kill speed for melee builds. Maybe the new ele skills they use could be buffed or just bring back tremor? Drop rate doesn't feel that great with 300% but its probably where it should be.

Fauztinville: It feels like for the last several patches that great runes have slowly had their drop chances nerfed. That would be fine if most of the great rune words didn't suck. I won't bore anyone by listing them but most of them don't get used. I know they are almost entirely pre-marco era and that SB is in the process of item re-work so hopefully these runes will become more valuable in the future, just not from lack of supply. I can't remember if its hardliners that apply slow on hit (again, 50%) but its way too high and like tran, this slow can't be removed by npc. Its aids for melee builds that already have to focus on capping break points, only to have them drastically increased for what seems like forever.

Minibosses in Diablo's Sanctuary on terror seem a little too tanky. Killing them doesn't do anything until destruction yet they are more difficult to kill than Diablo himself. They could use a slight hp nerf, at least on terror difficulty.

Attempts to lower on screen crap seems like a great idea to improve overall performance and other stuff but the diseased cattle or whatever that poison shit is that cows use is kinda counter-productive. They spam the hell out of it, but it deals very little dmg while still filling the screen.

Kabraxis is too easy. Needs more life or avoid or both and increased damage output of spells/skills. Azmodan might be a little too difficult (early on) but given the stats on the charm it may have previously been too easy to acquire.

In game the elixer of greed reads +150 mf but d2stats reader shows +100. Both of them can't be right.

Weird crafts still suck. it feels like 7 out of the 10 rolls on a shrine, the item gets <30% ehnanced damage. At that point it doesn't matter what the flat damage rolls are, the item loses effectiveness when orbs are wasted on ed%. For high ilvl weapons, some of the lower tier ed% rolls should be removed from the pool. This supports the idea of reducing the need to rely on top-tier sus and investing in crafts instead.

The cooldown still exist for druid morphs. Can we get those removed now that the unmorph with 1hp bug has been fixed? Every new game/death its: morph, then wait 10 seconds before being able to teleport or use other skills. I think the morph/dark portal bug was mentioned already.

Symbiosis is a good idea but 30 pts (4 in the uber and 26 in elvensong) for 20% avoid is meh. Elvensong is only occasionally used and the investment is too steep. The avoid is very useful early on but slowly eats too many skill pts. The regen (acid fiends) seems good for caster but trap rats hit too much to not make use of leech and tw/wolf have tons of laek. Mythal is another skill not worth investing more than 1pt in after early game and I don't see anyone ever using tempest. Could it be lowered to 3% per point and cover all 4 elements? While on the topic of druid ubers, FoN could use a small dmg buff.

Remove garbo cotws. Why is something that has such a low drop rate, almost always useless? Removing the junk ones and lowering drop chance would be great.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:Attempts to lower on screen crap seems like a great idea to improve overall performance and other stuff but the diseased cattle or whatever that poison shit is that cows use is kinda counter-productive. They spam the hell out of it, but it deals very little dmg while still filling the screen.

To add: the sprite fix is great, but (this may be a case specific to me) when there are reanimates on the screen, that banish curse and any auras or stances animating on every single thing just makes the game drag horribly slow still. It's nice that I can actually see when the game slows, but would prefer it not to slow at all (understandable that that can't be fixed or perfected so easily). Maybe reduce the size of the banish curse (similar to how skeletal flayer aura was decreased in size) or remove the animation all together and make the player/reanimate a different color or something.

Also, yea Kab might need a bit more HP, but I guess that opinion is also biased depending on the build since a lot of people can knock him down quickly with CB and then keep dying and healing him, with a constant fight between 0-10% HP.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Solfege wrote:Regarding D-Baal, I thought the amount of Minions and Visions he summoned at any given time was determined by the number of players/minions/summons/whatever in the game. Why is he summoning 5 Minions at a time and 2 Visions at a time when my character is the only one there? Unless Sorc Familiars now count toward D-Baal's summoning. I just killed 2x Mephisto, and a I didn't even get a chance to hit him before he summoned both Diablo and Andariel (also noticed another Mephisto on the other side of the map). I've never seen him summon so many things at once during a solo playthrough.

And speaking of D-Baal, his Minions are obnoxious. They Pounce, affect you with Slow, hit hard, and are tanky af. Only 3 of these are enough. But what do I know?

Edit:
And now, after killing Diablo+Andariel, Baal has healed from 40% health to full. Would really like to know what causes Baal to regain all this life. I had this problem last patch too, as did others. No one could figure it out. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn nettled right now...

If you can't kill minions of destruction in under 10 seconds then your character is not ready for DBaal. Right now there is nothing we can do to stop people throwing their corpse at the fight and giving him a death by a thousand paper cuts and consequently having a shitty time. He's one of the bosses that gets significantly easier with damage. "Soon" there will be a 20min time limit from when you enter the chamber to the worldstone being corrupted and the end of the world as we know it Baal winning, and that will help convince people to not go in unprepared and suffer as a consequence. Also encourages competent multiplayer against him which is a bonus.

All D2 monsters heal to full if left alone for a long period of time, this is not something we can change.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
sorry for being lazy and not reading through the entire thread but is a hotfix for Dark Portal gonna happen any time soon? ("only allows melee,summoning and buff skills" locks it out, so morphs, some spells and I think Lioness too? make it unusable)
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Love the new assassin BRC skill, it's exactly what I thought was needed- a passive defensive boost that gets better with +skills. I'd like to see +skills still become a more powerful stat in the future like it is in D2 (can reduce the amount on items).

A bit annoyed that I could not get patch to work on a new battle.net D2 installation on a new computer, but managed to get it working with launcher.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Frytas wrote:sorry for being lazy and not reading through the entire thread but is a hotfix for Dark Portal gonna happen any time soon? ("only allows melee,summoning and buff skills" locks it out, so morphs, some spells and I think Lioness too? make it unusable)

A realm hotfix will go up tomorrow. SP will have to wait until next week.

arcology wrote:A bit annoyed that I could not get patch to work on a new battle.net D2 installation on a new computer, but managed to get it working with launcher.

That was the main reason the launcher was created in the first place - it's required for a battle.net d2 copy. Starting with 1.14 blizzard basically made it harder to run legacy versions & mods.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
It will be "only" a hotfix for that problem? Or other balancing issues, which have been discussed in this 30 pages, will be addressed too?
► Show Spoiler
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Lets hope that casting Symbiosis a second times doesn't turn it off.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
There won't be any balance changes until the next patch, and in all honesty none of the comments on such matters in the thread require urgent attention.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Ok, thank you for the answer