Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@villur throwsin is actuall really good. You just need a crafted weapon with shadow blade proc, which is rather easy to get. Don‘t mind the weapon damage. With that alone you can do ~ 5-10 ubers. Get maxblock by farming nilathak for sigs and you can do many more.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i've started updating my twin fang assassin build (mid terror , level 116 , BRC in progress) :

(curent skillplan : max TFS , Shadow refuge , perfect being , the ways for the dual %damage boost , leftovers to Shadow dancer + Beacon)

1. The damage of TFS could use a heavy boost in order for a build based on it to be more viable without twinking . something between double the overall damage / triple the overall fire damage / give it 1% dual pierce per hard point / or maby you can think of something better .
2. since you must invest into dexterity to wear a decent claw + shield (dual claw is no longer a thing) / some STR for some crapy armors (unless you go for honorifics) , your mana pool is small . The cost per cast is too big considering the attack speed of the claw builds -> you can deplete the mana bulb in a matter of seconds , which gets more annoying when fighting vs mana burn opponents . (half the cost should be ok)

so you MO with MOA and socket perfect sapphires into the claw ,add a Teganze to the show later on , great , you are fine , no more mana problems . but then you lack the life regen , so you must also MO with Laek/ LOA besides MOA in order for all to work fine.

by the time you believe it is all going good , you realise that you are too squishy , even if you get some decent avoid via perfect being and some nice %DR from shadow refuge . you get 2-shot all over the place with or without the Laek /LOA because your HP is crapy, the defence is crapy and the block chance is low . Bloodbath doesn't do so much either .

so what do you do ? you can't boost your HP much since the vitality is not an option for an assassin , the defence can't go very high either , so you go for block . you get abbandoned crafts , socket some io/p.amethists and you finaly get some good block . great .

but now your damage sucks since you got all your gear built for more block instead of more spell damage and you also have to waste an important part of your stat points into STR in order to wear the crafts .

you try some skeleton reanimates on the crafts , but they still don't save you from getting raped . it's just not working right . twink it more or just let it there until some future patch will fix it ? i think i'll wait . it's not going anywhere

3. the
Witchhunter's Attire
Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

Witchhunter's Crucifix
Witchhunter's Faith
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Ire

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
-10% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
Maximum Block Chance +10%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
50% Chance to cast level 24 Crucify on Melee Attack
+150 Life on Melee Attack

Set Bonus with complete set:
+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
-20% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+15 to Way of the Gryphon (Assassin Only)
25% to Dexterity
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
+150 Life on Melee Attack
2% Reanimate as: Returned Archer

is looking great in your shared stash , looks like it could boost your build , but then you see it still has dual claws and you can forget about the block chance if you wear it . meh .

can you also change that to claw + shield , same as you did for the Mount arreat set ? it makes no sense having it as dual claw . Replacing 1 claw with a shield that provides some heavy %stats boost should be ok .

my 2 cents so far
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
barb 3rd su gilded shield
Satan's Dark Delight
with 5% Ctc lvl 50 Hellgate when you Kill an Enemy

Could be a troll item (great stats, but procs that renders it unususable).
But if not, this thing is pretty much impossible to use, unless some sort of party abuse to spawn monsters.
Solo if you use it with random attack skill, for example sword spiral, hellgate on kill spawns pack of elites (very laggy ones with spells and death effects). Often times one animation of your attack spawns and procs off those spawned monsters multiple hellgates which crashes/freezes the game.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:barb 3rd su gilded shield
Satan's Dark Delight
with 5% Ctc lvl 50 Hellgate when you Kill an Enemy

Could be a troll item (great stats, but procs that renders it unususable).
But if not, this thing is pretty much impossible to use, unless some sort of party abuse to spawn monsters.
Solo if you use it with random attack skill, for example sword spiral, hellgate on kill spawns pack of elites (very laggy ones with spells and death effects). Often times one animation of your attack spawns and procs off those spawned monsters multiple hellgates which crashes/freezes the game.

but chuck made it work

but yea, I agree. 5% is way too high given the kill speed of late game farmers with decent aoe (which unless you're extrmely lucky, you won't find that shield til very late game anyways). Perhaps it could just be 1% spawn random elite on kill instead of hellgate spawning like 25
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i found it quite fun for a throw barb . if you put a decent range between you and the elites spawned they are just another pack to kill , nothing fancy . but i agree that it may be annoying for a melee
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think it just dependson how many spawn per proc. I thought hellgate was like 20-25 random elites, which means you'll have 1/20 chance to just constantly proc chain and kill and proc chain and kill without ever moving frmo the spot.

edit: change the cold proc on
Amphibian
from Frog Prince (shit) to 10% Shatter the Flesh on kill and give the bow like 18 cold pierce or somethin. give it usefulness from requiring 6x ice runes besides some added cold dmg from the runes and a decent knife throw proc.
LeeTC
Imp
4 | 0
(Single Player) Putting a point into "Lioness" on my Amazon disables Dark Portal.
For debugging purposes, here is my character file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r3ho64t59yhubt9/Mad.d2s

I use D2Stats while playing. Also, after several hours of trying to figure out why Dark Portal did not work, I used Median XL Offline Tools to reset skills.
If you take a look at my character, just use a random waypoint to see that Dark Portal is "white." Then, put a point into Lioness and watch it permanently disable Dark Portal. Not sure if its something to do with my D2/Median files or what.
rambok
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
(Multiplayer)

I died in uldyssian tomb. When i kill uldy and pick item, i die.
Then my all equipped items all dropped. I lost all my precious items.. + uldy charm

Then i logged out because of server reboot. So sad.. Can i recover my items?
rambok
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
rambok wrote:(Multiplayer)

I died in uldyssian tomb. When i kill uldy and pick item, i die.
Then my all equipped items all dropped. I lost all my precious items.. + uldy charm

Then i logged out because of server reboot. So sad.. Can i recover my items?

??? I have lost my cube in uldyssian tomb.

But when i get new cube from new char, things inside cube are recovered!

I can't speak how pleasing i'm now :D
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Some of my feedback regarding bloodzon and stormzon:

1. Stormzon
Magnetic field is by far best skill in the tree.
Using thundercrack after casting some magnetic fields is pointless, you are better off just spamming more magnetic field = way more damage.
There is no weapon striking procs on scepters/maces/hammersto use with it, and build feels sort of like tantrum, so despite being strong feels like you are lacking procs/synergy, and is just pretty boring. Later there is danmaku and helms but thats endgame.
Build has very nice defensive stats, high %defense combined with +defense balance and heaviest zon shield, +dex from passive, so even with t6 items you reach about 35% block and 12k hp with paragon, before getting any charms.
But as I said, you walk and cast magnetic field, and literally nothing else, no procs, that's it. Gets old quite fast. It is pretty strong, I'd argue it is better than similar geared holydin or treewarden, no ND magnetic field melts through everything, proccing tons of CB (which you get a lot of as zon), bosses die fast too, at least ones that are possible to hit with the skill.

2. Bloodzon
I leveled one from scratch, and I honestly don't understand concept of bacchanalia, how are you supposed to use it, especially in the lategame.
Early game where you just progress through acts, encounter small to medium size crowd, you don't have nor need life on kill, it works fine. If you get hurt too much, pop a potion, then burn excess life with balefire. It will interrupt the passive as potion has to heal to 100% to stop, but you just deal with it.
But such situation is hardly acceptable later in ubers when you try to farm, this slows you down. Not to mention you kind of need life on kill, because you gonna get hit. It's like trying to farm with a caster without life on kill.. Not that bloodzon is exceptionally hard to hit either. Yes your life pool is larger than other casters, but you are still punching bag for all the projectiles, as your defense is very low, you have no block (full energy spell based build). On a glassy spec like that, having 30k hp doesn't really allow you to run around and not get hit by anything. One arrowside and you're if not done, almost dead.
Even full set has 1000 life on kill.. which would be great to have on any caster set, except here it just makes sure you will never see bacchanalia active unless you use balefire and kill really slow. And no items that cost life instead of mana fix this issue, your life replenish via life on kill is way faster. Not to mention only set has this mod and 2nd item is paladin shield.
If you try to build without life on kill, then you run into problem of being very squishy, because you don't constantly heal as you clear, as other casters with their farm spec.
There is another set of gear, thats supposed to be a synergy to bloodzon, it's those 2% life drain items. How are you supposed to use it? It slowly drains you so you have to counter it with potion eventually, that will continuie healing you until it heals to full, and you lose bacchanalia again. Consistent slow drain is not reliable to counter even mild life on kill as well, because it greatly varies depending on what kind of crowd you are killing. You often heal too much or not enough (and be forced to potion again and ruin bacchanalia). I found that life drain mod was doing more harm than good really.. Only place it would make some sense is to use it to nulify some other regen, so your life doesn't move, but thats really not the case.

Before damage rework, and that hp overflow bug fix, it was possible to overflow life and stay at permanent bacchanalia bonus, as long as you kept full hp overflowed. With that you could stack all laek in the world, and it worked even with old 1/3 life requirement for passive. It basically turned zon passive into sorc, so it was active as long as you were at full or close to full hp. That is gone.

My point is, bloodzon is really awkward to play in the lategame, especially farm with that passive mechanics. Leveling is fine, but once you start dealing with huge crowds and tons of incoming damage this really becomes not very fun.