Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Spearzon:

-Takedown kinda feels weird. I played on /p 8 and when I put my first point into it, I actually killed monsters slower than with normal basic attacks thanks to 50% wdm. It really feels underwhelming in early game. With 1 point in it, it has +30% damage, but that is already halved, so you only hit for 65% of the damage of a normal basic attack. So the name "Takedown" is kinda misplaced. It should be called "Slow Suffering" or something like that.

-The Fury bonus it has is kinda bad as well. 2,5% max life per attack doesn't seem that well unless you go for paragon and have 10 k + life, which adds 250 life per attack. That's about the same you can get from Mystic orbs on a crafted spear, but with mystic orbs you don't have to stop attacking every 6 seconds in order to get fury.

-Before you reach level 24, the only way to get fury is by using Great Hunt and walking through what's left on the ground. It works perfectly fine on /p 1, but as soon as you can't 1-shot enemies and/or continue walking in a straight line, you won't easily get fury, unless you walk behind the enemies, which causes you to be circled and makes Great Hunt not effective anymore, since you don't attack only once and everything dies, but you have to attack 6 times until everything dies and even then you most likely won't hit everything. So for playing with many people at the start of the ladder, Spearzon is very clunky before level 24 because she gets exponentially weaker the more people are in the game, unlike any other build I've played so far.

-I know great hunt is a super strong skill. In terms of boss-killing ability it's better than Frostclaw totem and a buff is definitely out of question. However, there should be another way to get fury before getting Pounce.

-In general, the AoE ability of spearzon in early game is really really bad.

So my suggestion:
Make Takedown grant Fury and cut the 2,5% max life per attack as fury bonus. That way you have an AoE ability at level 6 thanks to Hyena Strike's AoE pool. That solves the problem of Spearzon feeling weak in early game with many players in the game. This also makes Great Hunt less clunky.

I'm only level 34 atm, and these are my first thoughts on spearzon so far. Will add more if I find something else concerning Spearzon.

EDIT: Despite the fact that Great Hunt has a 100% conversion to magic damage and only adds magic damage, you can kill magic immune enemies with it. Bug?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
HechtHeftig wrote:I'm only level 34 atm, and these are my first thoughts on spearzon so far. Will add more if I find something else concerning Spearzon.

Make sure to report how it did in ubers that require dark portal to access :lol:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
:microwave:

Edit: Do you know this latency problem when Pounce teleports you only after a second and the screen goes black for milisecond before it becomes normal again? Well... It happened to me twice in SP, where there shouldn't be any latency... WTF

Probably that happened because I was slowed too much. Still seems weird.

EDIT 2: TU Setzshield completely negates 10-15 points into wild and free. Dunno if that's how it's supposed to be, but that makes Wild and free rather a bad skill for any zon build that uses TU setzshield.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:EDIT: Despite the fact that Great Hunt has a 100% conversion to magic damage and only adds magic damage, you can kill magic immune enemies with it. Bug?

100% conversion of physical damage to magic. You probably have other sources of damage (fire/cold/light/poison).
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
CB helps a lot
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:Spearzon:
-The Fury bonus it has is kinda bad as well. 2,5% max life per attack doesn't seem that well unless you go for paragon and have 10 k + life, which adds 250 life per attack. That's about the same you can get from Mystic orbs on a crafted spear, but with mystic orbs you don't have to stop attacking every 6 seconds in order to get fury.

Fury enhances takedown buff by adding 2,5% max life after kill, not on attack. So in total with duration buffed by base points in great hunt and under fury you will get more than 10 sec of high skill IAS, TCD, EWD and AR + LaeK depending on your max life. I think it's not that bad.

PS: As for shield.. It always been in d2 - heavy armor/shield reduces char velocity so you have to choose between more defence or more mobility. And keep in mind that Setzschild have highest base defence in game (even higher than ancient armor - around 5k def while armor have only 3500)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
When you level up while having summoned Darklings, the number of Darklings will automatically be reduced to 3.

"Oh, you just summoned 20 darklings? WELL, TOO BAD!"

You can't reroll Anya's amu as unique.

EDIT: Concerning Darklings; It actually depends on how many + all skills you have. If you have only +1 all skills, you'll be left with 3 Darkling (2 from level 1 as a base +1 per skill level) If you have +5 skill levels, you'll be left with 6 Darklings.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
+Necromancer minions increase the amount of Darklings.
plemondbee
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
i have installed median xl with diablo 2 1.13c, i enter the game normally but it comes up with this error.I hit ok few times but it appear repeatedly 5 6 times before completely close.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Don't know if it's just the visuals, but it seems that Black mass buffs the Bone Walls that the pouncing-like enemies in front of Anya and in worldstone keep cast.