Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
suchbalance wrote:I have been in the process of phasing out the Buff/Debuff duration stat and increasing base skill duration instead (see Vindicate, Bloodbath for example). The thing is, this stat just doesn't work as intended and is not a very good stat overall. No one wants to give up a desirable offensive/defensive stat on their item for it and so it's only use is for cheesing, by prebuffing things with 12xNih socketed weapons and the like. Since snapshotting is a thing, this will always be its optimal use. Some skills/buffs just aren't meant to have permanent uptime and those which do usually have other means of increasing duration (usually investing points in it).

About neutral paladin: I do have plans to improve the flavour, functionality and power of that build (while fixing the bug that allows you to select Holy/Unholy uberskills, because that just makes no sense for a neutral paladin). However, there is a limited amount of time that me & Marco can devote to each patch which is insufficient to address everything that we want to improve.

Thanks for clearing that up! I'm looking forward to see the changes for the neutral paladin, even if it takes a couple of months.
Jetaman
Bone Archer
74 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hi. I don't know if this has been reported before. This last patch had is probably the weakest in terms of Map Making. While running the ubers I spotted several mistakes and bad map design. Examples: Kurast Uber (some problems with floor tiles), Azmodan Uber - animated lava tiles are not seamless. There are some more i will report later.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jetaman wrote:Hi. I don't know if this has been reported before. This last patch had is probably the weakest in terms of Map Making. While running the ubers I spotted several mistakes and bad map design. Examples: Kurast Uber (some problems with floor tiles), Azmodan Uber - animated lava tiles are not seamless. There are some more i will report later.

It wasn't reported before because nobody cares. But I love how you rushed to the conclusion this was the worst mapping patch, when you literally provided only one valid example (K3K map is a decade old m8). Looks like someone is salty, wonder why :)

> lava tils r not seamless
> worst patch evr, downfall of median is her
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Marco wrote:
Jetaman wrote:Hi. I don't know if this has been reported before. This last patch had is probably the weakest in terms of Map Making. While running the ubers I spotted several mistakes and bad map design. Examples: Kurast Uber (some problems with floor tiles), Azmodan Uber - animated lava tiles are not seamless. There are some more i will report later.

It wasn't reported before because nobody cares. But I love how you rushed to the conclusion this was the worst mapping patch, when you literally provided only one valid example (K3K map is a decade old m8). Looks like someone is salty, wonder why :)

> lava tils r not seamless
> worst patch evr, downfall of median is her

it's not the best patch either (at least better than last one).
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kabraxis Ultra gems:

Ultra Fire has Rain of Fire spam (duration skill)
Ultra Cold has Hailstorm spam (even longer duration skill)
Ultra Light has Thunderstone that hits at one spot and goes away and then seems to wait longer between casts compared to Fire/Cold. Is there any type of skill that can balance Light to the other two or nerf the other two down to single burst dmg skills to match? Like.. Fire could use Immolation Bomb and Ice could use abyss (though its a duration still, but much shorter).

Maybe its possible for Hailstorm to be dropped to 5 second duration (and would then match stuff like Funeral Pyre).
Jetaman
Bone Archer
74 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Marco wrote:

Nobody cares - but do you care? Then again, if nobody cares why spend time on these things? :)
There are other examples - for exaple, in Act 3 Town half of the pyramid vanishes in Glide mode. I'm sure there are other examples, I just didn't bother to inspect, because it's not really my job . But if I find them, i will report them - or maybe I wouldn't, because no one cares :)

By saying the weakest patch I didn't mean to offend the author, but I wanted to say that he is a bit "inattentive" to some things. I have been studying DT1 a lot lately and I discovered many things that haven't been revealed before, and I posted it on PK.
Dt1 Info, Wall Transparency and Cliff Top Tileset. And I am researching more, so in future there will be more new information. So I spot things that are less visible to others :)

"Someone" is salty maybe because his messages are ignored, even though they are friendly and directed at the common good.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jetaman wrote:Nobody cares - but do you care? Then again, if nobody cares why spend time on these things? :)
There are other examples - for exaple, in Act 3 Town half of the pyramid vanishes in Glide mode. I'm sure there are other examples, I just didn't bother to inspect, because it's not really my job . But if I find them, i will report them - or maybe I wouldn't, because no one cares :)

By saying the weakest patch I didn't mean to offend the author, but I wanted to say that he is a bit "inattentive" to some things. I have been studying DT1 a lot lately and I discovered many things that haven't been revealed before, and I posted it on PK.

"Someone" is salty maybe because his messages are ignored, even though they are friendly and directed at the common good.

Nobody cares because dunc map is terribly mapped according to your standards and nobody reported it in 10 years, not even you (i'm talking about misaligned floor tiles). The point is, it would take hours for me to fix some of these issues, and those are hours we cannot afford for something that has virtually 0 impact on gameplay. I am sorry if this post comes off as aggressive, but I'm fairly certain the intention of your post was not to help, but to cascade into marketing your work that you'll eventually sell to anni.

Your messages are ignored for multiple reasons. When I asked you for Azmo sprite, you wanted me to pay for it. Like, a sprite that was ripped from a different game. In the end we had to trade some sigma code to anni to get it from them. So, how do you expect me to have any respect for you?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
MXL 1.2 Bugs and Feedback :pepe:

Can Ultra Lightning at Kab pick up Forked Lightning skill instead of Thudnerstone? With the nerf to Tstone a while back reducing the number of bolts, it just isn't nearly as much a threat as the other elements.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Feedback stuff:

Not having the dragon recipe is painful for jewelry. Before it was great because amulets and rings could be crafted (sorta) by farming dragons until a guy found the affixes he was looking for. I understand that it was not a great system as the amount of time invested vs the reward is definitely imbalanced and removing it needed to happen. But it should be replaced with something. Anything. The amulet/rings account for 30% of gear slots and we completely rely on rng which manages to fail all too frequently. Even on ladder where people can trade them, its still a pain in the ass. If a guy wants to keep good rolls for trading, it means either listing partial/full affixes in a trade list or hopefully remembering when someone has a need game or a build that would clearly benefit from a found rare. It sucks. Having some way to craft jewelry would be really nice. Knowing that before was too easy, maybe a middle ground can be found that bridges the gap of never finding anything thats worth a damn. Lots of players spend hours and tons of shrines with the goal of crafting gear with at least near perfect rolls. Jewelry needs something similar so we can spend more time doing stuff. There are lots of ways to make this situation better but a good solution won't likely be feasible prior to sigma. In the meantime, maybe killing specific uber bosses could give swirles or a rare world drop could be consumed for an amount of time to re-roll. For jewelry only, of course. Or bring jewelry back to gambling npcs. Now that vendor price reduction has be all but removed, this could be a temporary solution as well.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Druid's Freezing Gale will stop casting to follow moving enemies and then re-cast the rapid cast text thing as soon as yo uget within Gale range of the enemy. Can it just be a cast that won't move? Something like Magnetic Field (tested on thraxis stream) will just stand in place and cast it without following moving enemies.