Discuss Median XL!
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So I've been grinding exp and made my way up to 122, nearing 123 and it has become nigh impossible to maintain max block. From what I can tell for myself at least as a barb if I don't take Gladiator my highest chance to block possible without heavily overhauling my gear to further stack block would be 64% at ~4075 dex (rw helm +500 and all stats in dex)

This of course comes at a sacrifice of ~10k health or str/damage (don't know how much damage exactly I'm losing by investing nothing into str but I'd bet it is a large amount.... and even still does not afford me max block. So I'm just wondering what others think about block % scaling in it's current form, if there are plans on changing it, am I over rating it or just what other peoples thoughts are since this is a problem I've just been encountering.

Personally I like being tanking, currently running 1.5 mil defense, 12k hp and 16% block. I've had no luck farming one of the 3 shields I need: Canis Venator 3% block, The Ancients' Legacy 3% block or Satan's Dark Delight 4% block. Stuck using a T6 Invictus 1% block. Dreaming of 20K hp 1.5-2 mil defense and 75% block..... Still my gears got a long way to go but I'm fairly happy with how far its come and some of my crafts.

Happy to hear anyone elses thoughts on block %, struggles with max block or ideas to help reach/maintain it at 125
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Gladiator's Dominance, Invictus, one abandoned craft, FalXis Barb helm, sigs.

max block will take about 2300 dex which is a pretty minimal amount of investment with charms, sigs, and the easy gear. get max block, enough str for gear, dump rest vita
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I'm not sure how block changes beyond 120 so no comments there. I think its worth considering the other "defenses" available though. Capping hit recovery and attack speed, increasing life, dr%/flat, avoid, max resists/absorb are just some of them. I personally think anything over 1.3 mil is overkill. There aren't many farm-able places where mobs have better than 5% with that much defense, outside of Yshari. For mobs that attack with spells, the best defense is more life/res/avoid. Moving forward, consider what your preferred farming areas are and try to adjust skills/stats/gear and defenses to suit them while maintaining or even improving kill speed. For max block its probably better to prioritize block recovery over hit recovery.
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
L H wrote:Gladiator's Dominance, Invictus, one abandoned craft, FalXis Barb helm, sigs.

max block will take about 2300 dex which is a pretty minimal amount of investment with charms, sigs, and the easy gear. get max block, enough str for gear, dump rest vita

Yeah I've been swapping between Glad Dom and Runemaster trying out 1.5mil defence vs 75% block. I have the FalXis helm, Invictus (i really want an SU with more block) and 2 decent abandoned crafts. I was more trying to say that for example at lvl 120 with Satan's Dark Delight (4% block shield) and 4500 dex you have max block. But say at lvl 125 you have 72%.......

okay so yeah I may be retarded or my memory is shit. For some reason I thought I had 75% block without Glad Dom but I'm just now doing the math as I was typing this and that's impossible. Never mind, no problems with block I'm just a dumb ass hahaha
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I generally think that all heros should get 1% more base chance to block.