UHC Paladin's damage.

Discuss Median XL!
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
Hello folks.

Having some power issues with the unholy caster as of patch 1.2 of Median 2017.

I'm trying to kill destruction Baal. Gear is mostly Ornate crafts with rare rings/ammy. Current damage with merc buff (Bloodlust on Qarak + MotW) and mine is 3.2k-3-8k with Mindflay. Around 125 lightning pierce, 50 other elements thanks to Euphoria.

Using Hailstorm as boss killer, and barb merc to make enemies hold still. Thing is, how can I kill something like Baal with a build like that ? He kills my merc in a matter of seconds, summuns stuff as tanky as him which destroy scourges even faster. In my memories this build was upon the strongest casters, if not the strongest. I have most basic charms and around 300 signets eaten. To add to the issue, the Mindflay beam increase per 9 levels, so I'm stuck with 2 beams at base level 26. (launcher, D2 1.14d)

Probably going to switch to holy melee using mid game runewords to take him out. Still, that doesn't really fix my issue here. I don't think my equipment is terrible either, since mobs go down fairly nicely, so does other bosses except sponges like Azmodan. I have no plugy and I play via launcher, so untwinked times here.
Aero
Madawc
6839 | 228
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Why would y ou be using Hailstorm for bosses if you're a full lightning Mind Flay setup?

Baal is more likely to summon Visions and Minions when you use summons in there.

Have you done the jewel crafting to get full potential for lightning damage out of all sockets?
Caleb
Bone Archer
76 | 2
try psn damage , it work nice.
Caster are less powerful in 1.2 imo, I do more content with phys/mellee char than caster
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2007 | 40
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
try a helm with Punisher Oskill and get around -100%EPR from gear . punishers deal a shitload of damage and are nice vs single targets/small packs (only 3 punishers per cast )
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
LH: Problem is, even with full light setup, Hailstorm is substantially better against tanky enemies because it lasts longer and seems no have no/little ND. The only issue with itvis keeping the enemy in place.

Chuck/Caleb: You guys tried it against bosses with avoid and a lot of hp ? I'm skeptical about it. Symphony of destruction was a very good skill before, but now I can barely kill a mob with it. ~15 base + other skill bonuses, 60% poison duration and around 50 pierce. Elites take 2-3 hits from it. Unless Punisher haves really over the top damage, result may end the same
Caleb
Bone Archer
76 | 2
As paladin you can have lorenado on helm and
Scales of the Drake
Scales of the Drake
Ring Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (5239-5921) to (5764-6514)
Required Strength: 512
Required Level: 100
100% Chance to cast level 16 Punisher Barrage when you Die
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(25 to 38)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(14 to 18) to Lorenado
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+300 to Life
+5% to Maximum Poison Resist
Damage Reduced by (5 to 10)%
3% Reanimate as: Henchman
Socketed (6)

it deal good damage , punishers are to slow for Dbaal imo but lorenado is fast and cover a large cone , you cast wait for baal harbringer, move and redo it
Or just respect as holy mellee for this fight :flip:
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
Will respec. Odds of finding this armor/ time to craft a decent punisher helm are pretty low. Have you seen much difference in the damage output of Divine Judgment since 1.2?
shnurr214
Son of Lucion
733 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I also tried to make an uhc build last ladder just to mess around even with full dedicated ornate gear mindflay felt just terrible compared to my experience with it previously.
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
Schnurr: Agree here. It feels weak overall.

Either boost it's base damage by around 30% and fix the beam increment issue. You would get a nice aoe skill. Or 180 degrees turn on this, cut down the laser count to one, reduce the aoe. Then remove the ND and bam, nice single target spell. As of now, it is weak against pretty much anything.

Same goes with Symphony of Destruction. For single target purpose, maybe around 25% base damage increase would help it. Or lower damage a bit, and make it spawn a medium sized cloud instead, making it a decent sidekick spell for immunes/weakening enemies.

Just went nuts on creativity here, all that to say it needs some rethinking/rebalancing imo
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2007 | 40
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Johnny Impak wrote:Or lower damage a bit, and make it spawn a medium sized cloud instead
that sounds like Pestilence . you can get it from crafted/rare/magic pala spears