Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Also for Baal, don't use Vessel. It just makes him teleport more often with extra hits.
Staedtler82
Sasquatch
67 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, for UHC with mindflay setup is fine.
UHC with apocalypse is powerful. I think that you should try that setup.
Lorenado or Devouring Cloud is Greatest against mobs and boss.
Churel and Hailstorm i havent test them yet also as cataclysm fuck lower drop shaad xD
My opinion for best setup build : Fire or Poison.

Holy Caster is awesome too! With ideas LH setup build.
thunderman
Fireblood
975 | 52
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Johnny Impak wrote:Hello folks.

Having some power issues with the unholy caster as of patch 1.2 of Median 2017.

I'm trying to kill destruction Baal. Gear is mostly Ornate crafts with rare rings/ammy. Current damage with merc buff (Bloodlust on Qarak + MotW) and mine is 3.2k-3-8k with Mindflay. Around 125 lightning pierce, 50 other elements thanks to Euphoria.

Solution to for your problem is simple. You need higher damage because at this moment it's too low to kill dest baal. Don't forget that baal is now rated as hard difficulty Uber and you might need better items.
Since you didn't give any details about charms and what level is your mindflay I can only compare it with my display damage from 1 point and it looks like that:

I havent got any hard charms yet and on top of that I crafted items using enchanted shrines.
I started this ladder using mindflay / slayer combo and I think it's still good, it just takes more time to make it strong.

PS. DBaal in general might be annoying for casters and since you decided to respec I believe its best way to do it. Good luck
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
Mindflay is weak early on. With dedicated gear the damage gets decent, but remains unimpressive. Thing is with unholy caster, when you do a little change, it might get decent esrly on, but later with lots of charms and energy it will get as overpowered as it was before MXL2017
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
Thunderman: I'd say try it as yours is and give me some feedback. Your damage is like 10% higher than mine. Admitting you have over -100% light res ofc

Chuck: Getting a spear weapon will remove my shield, most likely reducing defense to under 150k. Which is not really a good thing on a full energy focused character imo. Can roll one to check tho.
thunderman
Fireblood
975 | 52
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Johnny Impak wrote:Thunderman: I'd say try it as yours is and give me some feedback. Your damage is like 10% higher than mine. Admitting you have over -100% light res ofc

Chuck: Getting a spear weapon will remove my shield, most likely reducing defense to under 150k. Which is not really a good thing on a full energy focused character imo. Can roll one to check tho.

But I put 1 point in there, I assume you have maxed it as it is your main skill?
You can clearly see its 1/29 base level.
Edited by thunderman 3 months.
ChuckNoRis
Shadowgate Totem
1775 | 43
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Johnny Impak wrote:Chuck: Getting a spear weapon will remove my shield, most likely reducing defense to under 150k. Which is not really a good thing on a full energy focused character imo. Can roll one to check tho.
you can keep that spear on switch attacks , like most paladin builds do . you just need to buff with pestilence every 20 seconds then switch back to your main attack/setup . nobody said that you must use a crafted spear as main weapon

it won't do outstanding damage since you invest into energy (it benefits from points into str/dexterity) , but it will sure provide a little boost to your killspeed .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 3 months.
Johnny Impak
Pit Knight
104 | 2
Chuck: Didn't see things that way. Forgot how the skill works. As is, it could be a nice addition to a holy melee using Plague, admitting you have -poison res

Thunderman: I feel like my problem is the %bonus damage from energy. I did respec not so long ago, but I still need high strength and some dex to equip stuff, making my total energy around 1300. Need more stats charms then.